The Notch

Why do you hate it?
I think it's comfy.

Attached: 1568940035448.jpg (776x595, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

looks ugly

Nice Stockholm syndrome. Do you have a notch for your computer as well? Piece of shit faggot kys.

Damn you sure told him, insecure virgin.

i've gotten used to mine

personally i see the notch decision as iconic, like the huge bars of yesteryear's iPhones

i already understand the space needed for the true depth camera

plus, a mechanical camera system would bring about problems in regards to durability and wear/tear and just having a huge bar at the top would be fugly. also, how the fuck am i supposed to use a damn fingerprint sensor when i got your wifes snail trail all over my fingers, let alone some janky ass ultrasonic one?

don't like what i have to say? watchu gon do bout it nignog?

Literally every other phone maker copied it, meanwhile the S7 remains the pinnacle of design as it still retains a bezel that makes it capable of surviving drops.

Damn you sure told him, insecure virgin.

Have sex

Dilate

Rent free

Exactly, still using my s7 after years of use and abuse.

Buy a bezelless phone because it looks cool. Then put it in a case to add a bezel so it can survive drops. Best of both worlds.

Cope

It looks ugly, samsungs pinholes look superior.

notch is better than moving camera at least, that shit's just embarrassing

How do those handle detecting movement to light up the phone when needed?

Seethe

What notch? My phone is from 2017 and doesn't have this shit

Attached: xiaomi-mi-mix2-3.jpg (660x505, 80K)

>Why do you hate it?
>I think it's comfy.
Here's why.
>having a permanent black bar that cuts out into fullscreen content is good

Attached: 1568955956613.png (932x505, 467K)

Do you use fullscreen content on your phone at all? My phone doesn't have a notch but even right now using kuroba to post, I have a black status bar on top. A notch wouldn't make a difference

Is this really a fucking question? LCD manufacturers made money off this, it only annoyed people.

having a camera do bzzzzz or some cheap chink sound effect while coming out as this ugly ass square out of the top is incredibly tacky

The notification bar disappears when displaying fullscreen video. It also migrates to the long edge when you flip the phone sideways.

>comfy
that's just codeword for boring dbh

Aspect ratios are one thing and notches obstructing the part of the video you should normally be seeing is another.

>or some cheap chink sound effect
Your iPhone is also Chinese and has had continuous worse quality control than no name Chinese brands for years. It's not that loud or jarring of a sound anyway, but I guess when Apple gets around to implementing no one will complain.

I don't have an iPhone I'm just saying the moving camera is the most embarrassing shit I've seen recently in phones

shit yourself

imagine the smell

>chin twice the size of a notch

Asymmetric and ugly. Non-rectangular displays are a travesty. Round corners and edges too.

Notches are unnecessary.

Forgot pic.

Attached: wdhj.jpg (1280x720, 237K)

Under display > pop-up > flip > bezel > running out of toilet paper > drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth > stubbing your pinky > notch

You're both faggots

no a moving camera is autistic and shows your autism, it's something I'd imagine a boomer would be impressed by and think it's the future technology

Using front camera at all is room temperature IQ. The less noticeable it is the better. Notch is mutilating the screen for an absolutely useless feature.

>bezel tumor is comfy
The fuck is this world

Attached: D82-GRLU0AE8N8L.jpg (1200x1132, 103K)

I bet you never smile

>I think it's comfy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

I just used an iPhone with the notch for the first time a few days ago, it was strange. Even if the notch was okay, curved corners are trash

Oneplus has an on-screen fingerprint sensor

I honestly like the aesthetic of the waterdrop in my display.

i prefer the in screen camera. makes me feel futuristic.

Attached: Samsung_Galaxy_S10_Plus_Camera_Comparison_768.jpg (1024x768, 73K)

>Under display > thin bezels > no front camera at all > thick bezels > running out of toilet paper > drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth > stubbing your pinky >>>> pop-up/flip/notch/bullet hole
Fucking fix'd. Way too many unusable ones.

how about NO FRONT FACING CAMERA
such innovation
apple fags would eat it up as security feature

Applefags probably wouldn't stand it because they can't take selfies. Android can't do it without being disowned by Google.

>personally i see the notch decision as iconic

yes, it will be iconic. in ten years we are going to look back at how tasteless and badly designed modern electronics are, and how stupid and bovine people were back in the 2010's for just blindly picking the most expensive product by virtue of cost = quality, because they think it reflects some level of discretion when it actually reflects how willingly you are to get fucked in the ass by a multinational corporation

I prefer having no front facing camera.

its like a milimeter tall. at this point you're just chasing a dragon with no consideration for the original purpose of the design concept

i want bezel

Cringed and bluepilled

>curved corners are trash
its literally an excuse to save money because they can ignore the defects on the spots on the panel that they are going to cut off. because they are quite literally cutting corners. Its actually brilliant because people are willing to pay more money for something that they decided to do to deliver people a lower quality product

What purpose does it have? LG tried something similar in the past with its V10/V20 series and was plainly ignored. Then as usual Apple arrives late to the party, see the design, repurpose it, and sells it to the sheeple as the next big thing.

Attached: lv20-ss-red.jpg (800x800, 52K)

You wouldn't buy a monitor or a TV with a notch you stupid fag. Nice COPE

it isn't 2013 anymore
noone takes selfies nowadays
only friendless losers photograph themselves
normies photo each other

Normies take group selfies.

>why do others like different things
yeah, we wont be able to comunicate

Only NPC's use stretch video to fullscreen in their phones. Gentoomen watch videos at their native resolution with black bars on the side.

What camera movement are you talking about? If it is what I think it is, it's there to avoid creepshots.

But user, your picture convinced me of the contrary. Notice how you can put a status bar in that otherwise wasted space in the phone. Think of the camera lens as being one of the icons.

Hurr, you said notches. Sorry. The camera only is neat.

the pop up camera

Yes, I believe it is there to show without deniability that the camera is active.

nah I don't understand this trolling

>using the front facing camera
What are you, a normal fag?

Then, uh... Being serious now, the moving parts attract attention, and make people look to the lens, and by extension, to the phone.

well I don't want to have a stupid contraption in my phone

>Only NPC's use stretch video to fullscreen in their phones. Gentoomen watch videos at their native resolution with black bars on the side.
Where do you "people" even come from?
>just never zoom in bro
>who cares about that 6" screen, who watches anything fullscreen anyway

sure but that's not the designed purpose of it, besides it makes no sense either way as the main camera doesn't move

>Why do you hate it?
it's ugly
it wastes valuable screen space
it looks like absolute fucking cancer when watching videos on in horizontal mode
it's completely pointless
>I think it's comfy.
you should go and see a doctor to assess how bad your brain damage is.

Newfag here: why are people here so easily triggered/baited by any and all mentions of anything manufactured by Apple: actual annoyance, righteous indignation, simple autism, or something akin to penis envy?

The big difference is since it goes around the camera, the screen seems complete.

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
You tell me after watching this. Is it worth it to support such a company and shill for them? And we get that too.

Wait a minute, is it the frontal camera?
Well, in that case, it is not bad to have something that can focus properly. But yeah, uh... I'd rather have focus for the rear camera.
Anyway, the cheapest digital camera is probably better than top of line phones.

louis failing business rossman

My p30 has a little one for the camera / speakers. don't really mind it

You believe the words of a single man?

You cut out a piece from your monitor as well? Or your TV?

>chin doesn't obstruct the screen
>protects the screen when dropped
Hurr durr my manlet hands can't handle two milimeters of bezel hurr

>i already understand the space needed
you realize there is more space wasted by the notch than gained by these tiny corners?

Not bad, but...

Attached: I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I'm always there.jpg (1280x720, 440K)

What's a notch?

Attached: cf052f71-0af5-4a5d-839c-1d81c5a35101..jpg (892x684, 58K)

You can disable the sound, user. Or not act like a 13 yo girl and just don't take selfies

iPhone X user here
Not even apple likes the notch, that said it's fine since it doesn't interfere in any way, all iPhone apps are designed for it.

>not even apple likes the notch
this right here
it's a necessary compromise between expanding available screen space and keeping features like the selfie camera, and it will only cease to exist when the iPhone 14 comes with a camera placed under the screen

What words, what single man? He has schematics for every single repair he's done, knows and shows exactly what the hardware issue was, has posted lawsuits, customer reports, etc. What more do you want?

i see pretty based phone here, which one is this?

>it will only cease to exist when the iPhone 14 comes with a camera placed under the screen
Except the notch isn't just for the selfie camera

Attached: 2018-03-0716-05-49w.jpg (770x395, 25K)

Galaxy A80, bought it because my autism can't stand a notch or gay punchhole. It's p. gud

Galaxy A80

It took nearly a century to get a display technology that didn't distort or crop the flat, rectangular image (LCD, plasma, and derivatives).

Now we have notches and god damn curved screens. Why not go back to monochrome while we're at it?

Absolutely understand, shame it must be filled with bloatware, are there any custom roms yet?
Thanks

Face ID is really based, I don't have one but I understand why they went for it.
Liquids wrecks fingerprint sensors, the floppy of biometrics.

I'm OK with a notch if (a) it's not fuckhuge (see: Pixel 3 XL) and (b) it justifies its existence, primarily by housing a lot of sensors and the device not having a chin.
If it doesn't fit that criteria, there is no reason for the notch to be there in the first place.

>It's not a notch, it's a hole.
"But functionally it's the sam--"
>IT'S NOT A NOTCH.

>only one infrared camera
>Face ID supposedly uses "3D mapping"
can someone explain to me?

*laughs in notchless xiaomi mi 9t*

It projects dots and takes a 2D picture of them.

It uses both the dedicated IR camera and the RGB camera in tandem with one another when the RGB is available.