Credit Cards

>credit card runs out of battery
>can't use credit card anymore

Attached: lol.jpg (1350x1350, 926K)

The battery would literally last 10 years.

no

>it was never yours to begin with
>send it back to have it replaced

Credit cards expire every few years this isn't an issue.

Why would a credit card have a battery in it? I'd immediately assume it's some sort of data gathering system and just move my account to another bank.

Yes. They function no different than physical two step authenticators that last 7-10 years

That's why you should get a samsung phone. Samsung pay has that magnetic stripe simulation that lets you use it on normal card swipe terminals

This. Etrade keyfobs have exists for ages.

>Why would a credit card have a battery in it?
OP's picture is a card that changes it's CVV number every hour or so and this effectively makes the CVV number only valid for a single purchase and since it is ever changing if someone got a hold of the CC number and CVV and tried to use it later, they couldn't
>I'd immediately assume it's some sort of data gathering system and just move my account to another bank.
The card isn't rechargeable and what could possibly be done when the battery has to literally be as slim as a credit card?

>buy phone
>phone explodes
>buy laptop
>laptop explodes
>get new credit card
>credit card explodes

Kek

BofA has always given me a replacement card no questions asked, in the time it takes for the battery in it to die it would probably be well, well past the expiry date.

So how would the credit company know which cvn is currently being used? Its not like the card has wifi or data abilities. I'm going to guess it just cycles through the same numbers throughout the day? That just means someone will just have to wait till the next day at the same hour.

The Motion Code brochure states 3 years.

What happens if the algorithm on the card and the server produce different CVVs?

t. dumbfuck NEET
Imagine never coming in contact with 2FA tokens

the same way 2-step authentication works dumbass

>Using BoFA
kek

Unique synchronous number generation. Th bank and card have the same seed and update interval

see
Also my Blizzard authentication token still works 10 years later even though they said 7 years battery life

your scenario implies every marketplace or payment service has a log that contains everyones cc #'s and ccv #'s, which they dont.
CCV probably follows a specific algorithm or set data set that is pre programed from the factory. When it changes on the card it also changes in the amex/visa/etc... database. When you input it into whatever marketplace it reaches back to that database and the numbers match.

What would be really interesting is if instead of it being synced there were a set amount of numbers that pop up throughout time, and then the data base back at the credit card company is just populated with those set numbers, effectively making the security aspect of the card useless.

Attached: 1568470130731.jpg (446x460, 32K)

Or make the magnetic strip a solar cell.

The same way these one time password devices you get from the bank do.
They have a seed which the bank knows that will generate the same sequence of random numbers or based on time or day or hour or whatever.

Attached: about_token2.jpg (480x238, 78K)

>the algorithm on the card
>the algorithm

Attached: di_05812.jpg (500x393, 48K)

It's not wrong.

>algorithm
I bet you that it's hard coded on that chink shit.

I cant get the chip to last more than 3 months so wtf does it matter?

What difference does it make?

You don't use the chip and CVV together.

wait nevermind, it's probably based on time. Maybe the card gets a time update whenever you swipe it.

It probably just has a RTC

that fits inside of a credit card and last for a couple years?

Yes?