You ain't no LCDlet, right user?

You ain't no LCDlet, right user?

Attached: Screenshot_20190920-054107_Firefox.jpg (1080x712, 412K)

What's with all the sudden CRT threads, did some zoomer youtuber mention them?
CRTs are a joke compared to modern LCDs
>incredibly power hungry, hot, unreliable (especially muh trinitron garbage), waste of space and heavy, worn out tubes
>will never be as sharp as any basic LCD
>usually worse colors than modern professional LCDs
>crushed blacks and low maximum brightness
>contrast and brightness settings don't actually change the contrast and brightness
>takes a minute to power on and makes noises after being powered off
>bright areas leave trails because phosphor
>have to run at 200 Hz to not get eye strain and headaches, even then pretty harmful to your eyes
>emits roentgen radiation
>small screen sizes compared to current LCDs

Some retarded game reviewer was shilling them recently, the famous Sony FW900 which was a fucking horrible monitor with like 300:1 contrast

you just posted cringe!

>LCDlet
No, I indeed own a LCD monitor.
You didn't mean "CRTlet", as in lacking a CRT monitor?

Attached: 1556197062882.gif (640x480, 2.43M)

eh, LCD technology caught up user. No reason to have CRT's anymore.

I'm starting to think this is being shilled by some autist with a warehouse full of worthless CRTs waiting for the right time to unload them on the market in order to retire.

Digital foundry did the video and it's based

btw install brave and bandizip and stop using SDDs because they are a meme!
Fucking hell, you can see how low contrast it is just from the video

Attached: Screenshot (27).png (861x569, 417K)

It's amazing contrast actually

Attached: 115283_FW900.jpg (1280x960, 715K)

Imagine being stupid AND autistic.

Sorry kid.

Good black level
Worse contrast and colors than my 17 year old IPS though

>you will never see those "amazing" VGA artifacts ever again

Nah, they didn't catch up, LCDs are shit.

Attached: 1544668475035.jpg (1024x768, 372K)

The LCD in that picture is a low end TN one from around 2003.

>tn panel
found the incel

What game is this?

Oh, I'm sorry. Here's your high end IPS display, bro.

Attached: 1544624722220.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

No dumb fuck that's a 2005fpw.
see above, you stupid fucks don't even know what lcd panels looked like because you're both zoom zoom zoomers. Get the fuck off this board.

Far cry 1

>$100
>""high end""
Post an Eizo that costs as much as the FW900 and we'll talk
>that's a 2005fpw.
No real difference. It's still a garbage panel, my 2001 and 2002 ones also look like that

Fw900 is like 200 dollars in mint condition now

>me wonder why lcd that come bundle with computer no gud as crt i go out and buy on me own
what a fucking retarded faggot you are. I bet you're zoomer retard who never owned a CRT. They are obnoxious in every way just like your shitty generation. Go floss on tiktok or whatever it is you faggots do for fun.

Attached: shut-up-homo.jpg (400x400, 53K)

FW900 are notorious for washed out colors after some years of usage, 200 dollars is bullshit they go for more than double that, and I was talking about the original retail price.
Here's what your "black" CRT looks like if there are any other light sources

Attached: BkaYwU3.jpg (3771x2121, 1000K)

no, you post it.

Just get a VA panel if you care about dark blacks that much

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

So CRT will have great blacks with the light turned off and IPS will have dogshit blacks no matter what. Good to know.

This
>I wonder who's behind the shilling of CRT in 2019 maybe the kikes want to reintroduce crt in market as there is little advancement in LCD technology

Kys

dilate

>IPS will have dogshit blacks no matter what.
No
Mid and high end IPS has good colors and good black levels if there are other light sources (you know, like in any professional studio)
VA has more vibrant but less accurate colors (especially budget panels) and no IPS glow so almost OLED levels of darkness in every situation except when sitting in a completely dark room

>unreliable
Funny you say that. I've got an old CRT that I use for retro stuff sometimes, or dust off when another LCD dies.

Cool, my CRTs all died.

Now add even the slightest bit of lighting, like a very dim LED strip behind the monitor, and it looks the same.
Plus you don't have to deal with horrible black smearing

Honestly I've never seen an IPS display without IPS glow or good blacks. Would appreciate it if you could give me an example.

Are you sure

One is flickering, the other one recently stopped syncing properly
I also have 2 TVs, in the older one a filter capacitor exploded when I turned it on a month ago.

Attached: 2a3urlwcs0f21.png (2700x1357, 1.08M)

i've owned two that had nearly zero glow. but never had one that had good blacks. blacks where always a very dark gray. i do admit, i got lucky with the back light bleed. i've seen a lot of really bad ones.

Cringe and schizopilled

>Muh EMF is off the chain YO!!!
>Bake that cancer in SON!
YEAH BOI YEAH!

I think I started it with when I asked what is the closest modern equivalent we have of CRTs? . It was before that analog foundry video. Not bothering responding your shit though.

>Not bothering responding your shit though.
Of course not. It's hard to argue against facts

fw900 has a 160,000:1 contrast ratio

IPS does not have good black levels. CRT shits all over it.

Not all IPS are the same. Also turn down the fucking backlight if you're using the display in total darkness

All IPS have shit black depth.

Imagine the power bills.
also this

I saw a video I think it was Linus I'm not sure, I think he has 2k Sony crt that's literally the best shit for colors.

Why are you showing a 15 year old picture. I remember when this was viral on anandtech back in the day.

Reminder: LCDs are a trifurcated technology
>TN is fast but with shit colors and contrast
>IPS is color stable but with shit speed and contrast
>VA is great looking but shitty speed and color stability

This is why an LCD is still *arguably* inferior to a display that can do all three at once even to a mediocre extent (though the argument can be made that for standard dynamic range content which is still almost all mastered in sRGB that CRT colors are entirely adequate if not wholly accurate, CRT speed is still the fastest and eye tracking blur very low and the contrast is 2-3x better under controlled lighting so there is nothing mediocre about it).

VA

Lower the brightness smartass.
Black tend to pop up right away.

>they didn't catch up
>post an LCD that came out before you were born

Jesus, how about stating the obvious

>FW900s
I'm not LCDlet, but I sure as fuck am no shit-CRTlet either.

Kek, the tripfag is the OP with the trip off.
Way to out yourself.

Why? If I can just not be a poorfag and buy a high end IPS panel that has dynamic backlight zones? You get even less glow than a CRT.

Hi Mister Braun, how it's going with the SERN stuff?

>sudden

Yeah, sudden
The last time we argued seriously about muh CRTs was in 2011

Doesn't everyone use LED screens now?

based

There is nothing wrong with having a CRT as a second display.

Go back to your typewriter grandpa

>You ain't no LCDlet, right user?
There’s nothing wrong with having a mixed setup, OP. That said, I moved onto a pure tube setup because I could while still supporting modern resolutions and I like CRTs a bit more.

Attached: E4CDBF3C-A994-4A3A-BB49-0BC23D7033A9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

No, that's the dynamic contrast ratio, that's like believing the 1 000 000:1 LCD screens used to put on their spec sheets. What you need is the ANSI contrast ratio, which is typically 150-300:1 for a CRT (300:1 for the FW900) and about 500-700:1 for low-end LCD.

oh no, another type of audiophilia cancer.

based

THIS. Even OLED has motion resolution issues, but it's probably the best thing we hope to get.

>Getting sunburn from your monitor at night

Its like being back at 1998!

What's the negative? Now I don't have to go outside to get Vitamin D.

>150 kg of monitor weight on desk

>being a desklet

>Be hip new expensive stand up desk built in 2019
>Excited for what functionality will be used for
>"Is it for a graphic artist and their wacom tablet? Or what about an accountant or even a coder, or a gamer with that new new 144hz display? boy I can't wait!"
>Wonder what type of electronics will be placed on top of you and used for
>Finally get set up by new owner
>"W-what are those giant plastic boxes for? Where are his LCD screens?"
>"Oh-God GOD NO no... he's putting them on me! p-please no!"
>"It's so heavy, dear god the weight. UGH the pain
>"NO, NO NO NOW HE WANTS ME TO LIFT THIS THING UP TO STANDING HEIGHT THIS IS AGONY MAKE IT STOP I CAN ONLY CARRY 50KG WHY DO YOU MAKE ME DO THIS WHY!? THIS CAN'T BE MY ONLY PURPOSE AHHHHHHHH"
>Owner sees desk is struggling to lift itself up, presses button harder, gives no attention to its longevity in the name of not being an "LCDlet"

Attached: deskstand1.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

>video monitors
>audiophilia
I think the word you're looking for is videophilia.

Even videophiles are more sane than CRT autism

CRTfags are on the level of vinylfags. They've been surpassed but there are still niche uses for them yet they think everything must be watched/listened on it.

>using 4:3 in 2k19

Attached: 1429391996940.jpg (360x296, 33K)

>He doesn't know about overclocking stand up desks.

>using anything but 4:3

Attached: 1459566351777.png (350x350, 160K)

oh no, another brainlet who doesn't know what he's talking about.

>running his desk at stock clocks

Where the fuck are you niggers getting all these FW900s from? I've been looking forever and haven't found a single one in good condition.

It's the same autists posting their FW900, nobody is getting any new ones.

how how hard is it to fix them in this day and age?

Depends on what's broken. If it's a simple capacitor or resistor all you need are soldering tools. If the tube's burned out you might as well rip the whole thing up and sell the parts.