/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1568706614551.jpg (749x1000, 412K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_ij0YNkFUs
tgceec.tumblr.com/post/74534916370/results-of-the-grand-c-error-explosion
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: lisp.png (331x57, 17K)

Nim is the most powerful programming language.

Wow, imagine being these faggots. Hah! Pathetic.

I asked you what you're working on, not your opinion on irrelevant garbage.

Attached: 1561812431143.jpg (420x630, 123K)

i want to nakadashi akarin

Nth for F#
> statically typed
> functional
> reads like Python
> runs on .NET, the true CHAD platform

oh boy here we go stopwatch interface

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-20 14-18-02.png (3840x2160, 579K)

>when you get to live out your sexual fantasies while also landing a nice jr. dev job as a self-taught C++ developer

youtube.com/watch?v=u_ij0YNkFUs

Attached: comfy~.png (1434x1079, 1.89M)

programming general

Im working on Nim!

>on Nim!
Or a project using Nim?

Yes, im working on the Nim compiler!

props to you for being able to do anything in crablang. Any thought on crablang at this point in time?

Attached: killcrab.jpg (511x788, 108K)

I jerk off at work

I'm working on an Emacs Lisp project

dumb cumbrained animetard autistic incel

Fuck you, you little bitch.

Why is she wearing a diaper?

I'm working on homework. I fucking hate matlab

Attached: file.png (1217x21, 5K)

Cool. How's the story on the newruntime? Is it stable yet?

I've been working with GTK so much that I haven't had the chance to form a different opinion to what I had before.
Rust is like modern C++ with package management but with BC.

I love rust's module system, there are rooms to improve but I like it already.
The UFCS is kinda gimmicky in Rust, Nim and D has better UFCS in my opinion.
I love the error handling, much easier and less verbose than traditional try catch blocks.

I've been using macros to emulate function overloading. Though using macro like this sucks because you don't make the return types obvious in the macro rules.

And last but not the least, multi threading is a nightmare. But once you start understand the basic strategies you'll be just fine. I haven't had time to study the new async/await yet. I've been busy with studying systemd, gstreamer and dbus lately. Rust is just a tool to use them.

Overall pretty decent. The biggest overhead is the fact that I need to wage-slave 5 days a week and that hurts my pet project.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-20 14-34-17.png (3840x2160, 651K)

f(1,1) = (0,0) because there's no offset from the lines as seen in the picture.
f(1,2) = (1,1) because for the first line, it requires an offset of 1 to be intercepted, and for the second line, the same.
f(1,3) = (2,2) because an offset of 2 is required for both line 1 and 2.

Attached: 20190920_003555.jpg (3264x2448, 2.28M)

Oh I forgot to mention, once you declare a public macro, it sits on top of the project namespace. They should fix this. Developers should be able to create namespaced macros.

I ended up making a separate file just for keeping all the macros together.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-20 14-37-49.png (3840x2160, 743K)

for (1,3), the output is (2,2)
but for (2,3) I did make an error, output should be (1,3)

you wrote (2,-2) for (1,3)
f(x, y) = (y-x, x+y-2)

You stupid fucking nigger, kys

it fucking works

Attached: file.png (1287x577, 48K)

this

nice, user

Thats horrifying

The equations or my spaghetti code? I don't give enough of a shit about this class to bother doing anything right. I should have gone to sleep 2 hours ago.
thanks bro

next time look up plane equations, each digit of the output can be considered as the z coordinate of a flat plane, solve for each one to get the equations. you only need three points.

You fucking dumbass.

Attached: 1568610265092.jpg (581x563, 31K)

Thank you very much.

Does any of you comfy bois/fgirls know what to draw shapes?

>Does any of you [...] know what to draw shapes?
Yes, I do

CPPeople can you figure out what's going wrong here?

vector BinaryTreeDepthOrder(
const unique_ptr& tree) {
deque this_q;

this_q.emplace_back(tree.get()); //

Attached: 1567369798176.jpg (907x778, 72K)

You wrote it in C++.

PHP you neets. Actually, about the most php I'm going to do tomorrow is add a parameter to an API written in PHP, the rest of the code I'll be working with is JavaScript and bootstrap working with the API.

Go back to your containment thread.

Attached: 1390443984160.png (600x541, 299K)

Bruh, we have python scripts using this api as well. It's not just web.

I'm trying to set a variable to a certain value of a character array in C. I know I'm a retard, the question is: what am I missing? It always displays a space instead of the value I want.
char val, st[100];
cout > st;
cout

val is default initialized to 0, which is equivalent to the null terminator. inserting it at the front ends the cstring, so cout sees it and stops printing.

>in C
>cout

Attached: 1431432030106.jpg (228x238, 13K)

arigato gosaimasu
is a C++ compiler, I never asked for this. I was fine with printf and scanf.

There is absolutely no way you can twist this into saying you're writing C. You're demonstrably writing C++.

#!/usr/bin/env python3
import sys
import subprocess
import os

lines = [line.rstrip('\n') for line in open(sys.argv[1])]

for each in lines:
subprocess.run([sys.argv[2],each], cwd=os.getcwd())

Why can't this run a python script in the same directory as the list I am feeding it and the script I am trying to run.
It just tells me the script isn't there when it is.
It works if I run the code with a list and echo

trannies love wearing diapers

remove both const

Shit man I don't know. If I swapped out the cin and cout with scanf and printf and transferred all my code to a c compiler it'd work just the same.
I just can't use any actual C++ shit. Just let us use the iostream stuff from what I understand.

You can still use for the C io functions. The only downside is you can't use the stream operator.

I can’t remove const on the parameter.

I'm writing my own portable Arduino-Like HAL/Framework for micro controllers.

Style and standard Framework is loosely based on C#/.NET, but using modern C++ features.

Attached: Aurora.jpg (1247x741, 99K)

>downside
iostreams are absolutely trash. Not being able to use those fucking retarded >>

Cute

why does sepples poop out essay long compiler errors? is it because it sucks?

Yes but then you need to write to_string methods and explicitly call them.

Because it tries everything and tells you why it failed.
tgceec.tumblr.com/post/74534916370/results-of-the-grand-c-error-explosion

My professor will take off points my programming assignment if I don't have consistent use of tab and space.
The thing is, I don't manually use tabs and spaces for indentation, Emacs decides for me, now I will get 30% off the assignment because of it, is there anyway to tell Emacs to only use spaces for indentation or something?

hey guise anybody else use j here?

i have a certain need to do a dot product of a dot product, should i make a box and say fuck it and do it to each eelement?

thanks

Nah, it's interim full stack development at my work to fix an old app used in the company. Our API is written in PHP. It works great for working with a database.

>full stack
So webdev.

A full stack can be a web stack, native stack, mobile, etc.

No /dpt/-grade software would describe itself as "C/POSIX/GTK stack" or "Java/JVM/JavaFX stack" or "C++". The front vs back stack oriented taxonomy is only useful for web shit, mobile included. i.e. get out of town.

how difficult would it be to code a HTML-only browser without using a pre-made engine? (i.e. no javascript, plugins, CSS)
i don't plan to do it, i'm just curious

K dude. Keep larping as an engineer. I work for a hardware manufacturer. We work in C++, python, JavaScript, typescript, php and a couple of relational databases keeping it all working together.

how do you host a (node) lambda function locally? It works in browser but what if I need npm or want to do step debugging with node inspect?

you mean just the render engine like webkit/Blink? you build the DOM from a souce document (the html). the engine without css would just be like elements laid out one after the other which is pretty useless but it all comes down to how many elements you want to support. like most of the actual html spec? youll be dead before finishing it

Pre-modern spec html should be doable by a single mortal.

> I work for a hardware manufacturer.
who cares
>We work in C++, python, JavaScript, typescript, php and a couple of relational databases
All webshit, and not even the nice kind.

>calling it a 'stack' in the first place
junior "engineers" without engineering degrees or licensure or bonding detected

Get out of my NEET programming thread

>C++
>Web shit.
???

Anyways, our python is for our test automation to test the firmware. When a test is finished the database is updated with the results. We have a dashboard for management to review the data. That's a separate codebase from the python scripts.

No, I work at a merit based company. Most engineers in industry aren't bonded/licensed in anyway. It's a scam. When licensed engineers and higher-ups are given the benefit of the doubt because of their credentials they build garbage. Those planes that went down at Boeing did so because of poor engineering. The software was built to specification but the system as a whole was heavily flawed.

What were the control systems engineers thinking? That's a discipline taught to mechanical engineers.

I would unironically say what I do is part of a "graphics stack", but it's all C, so I'm not a weenie.

They're beige shorts. Your minds must be in a weird place to think that.

Attached: 1563228160949.jpg (889x1024, 160K)

Because she's shit

I am building a bot for tranny discord in python. It assigns roles for a user defined duration then unassigns after the duration. What would be the best way to go about this? Generate a database file of userids / timestamps and have a python thread check the time against every 5 seconds?

Attached: 1544844117645.png (1024x1024, 1M)

>Wojack
>tranny
>discord
Please leave. You don't belong on Jow Forums.

Attached: 1559014740939.jpg (917x980, 767K)

Jow Forums is 90% trannies

working on a Jow Forums filter that changes all the bad words to nice alternatives

>anime
>offended by tranny
Dont you have some dilating to do?

That's not anime, you dumbass. What the fuck are you talking about?

>ass hurt incel "engineers" without the qualifications or licenses or bonding necessary nor the admittance to a professional engineering society
oh you little cuppie cakes, you're so cute

now code me a new web interface for this database bullshit

NOW

Nice reddit spacing. It really makes me take your post seriously when you're incapable of proper formatting.

engineering is a process not just a title

that one time someone actually makes something in one of these threads, it's in Rust, not C++, they are too busy shitposting.

Need some books on java (ins and outs of classes, enums, interfaces... also multithreading, gui and information about language design).

What is a good replacement language for C?

No such language exists.

Even with all the innovations of the last 30 years, is C just that solidly designed?

Everybody who tried just totally missed the point of C.

no, the advantage of C is it works anywhere, it has nothing to do with the design

People who try to replace C always miss the point of C because they start adding a bunch of garbage features and complicated shit to their languages so they always fail.

try feeding it full paths. whats at argv[2]?

The script I wanted to feed it to.
Problem was solved by running the script with the list in the first arg and then adding ./ to the script in the second argument.
I have no idea why I have to do this shit but okay whatever.

i don't emacs but just replace tabs with spaced when you're all done with something like sed 's/\t/\ \ \ \ /g' <

>tfw dropped Rust for C++
Just because i dont want to get too much into a language that may or may not die, or may or may not get popular, its just too young, which is a shame cause its actually quite comfy to write in and i think i prefer it to c++, but C++ may also get my a job someday, Rust not so much for now. Ill surely comeback to it if it wont die in the next years.
Thank you for reading my blog

Attached: 1541816120850.jpg (780x846, 53K)

Both C++ and Rust are better than C you fucking idiots

Here's that (You) that you were so desperate for, bud.

Its simple enough that engineers can focus on writing good code without being compelled to jerk off to the latest std::fizzbuzz algorithm

seethe