>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. 2400G/3400G may be worth to less likely require a CPU upgrade when adding a dGPU
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>Wait for Threadripper gen3 - Extreme overkill gaming with its larger cache
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660/TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT/2070S - budget option. Upscale with RIS/CAS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$400 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & Storage/SSD guidelines under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: lucky.jpg (1953x1382, 600K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#xcx=0&c=436,404&N=2,3&sort=price&R=5,4
youtube.com/watch?v=XdxyTWSeRx4
pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#xcx=0&c=436,445&N=2,3&sort=price&R=5,4
pcpartpicker.com/product/gcPKHx/asrock-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-phantom-gaming-x-video-card-rx-vega-56-8g
pcpartpicker.com/product/c4F48d/evga-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-6-gb-sc-ultra-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-1667-kr
pcpartpicker.com/list/dV2zK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Vega56
Poor recommendation. A V56 is far weaker than a 2060, while the V56 is more expensive

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080.png (500x1050, 55K)

you forgot to mention how wolds apart the power efficiency is on 2060 vs vega56.

He'd just cry about that, so I didn't bother

Attached: power-gaming-average.png (500x1050, 58K)

what x570 for a 3600?

x570 is not the replacement for x470 and B450
B550 is coming out without all the extra bells and whistles at the end of the year

but what about people who want to build now and don't want to buy into pcie 4? Maybe I don't want a motherboard fan

can I still reset the motherboard if it's fucked up by a BIOS update? Would it go back to the BIOS version that supports Ryzen 3000?

youtube.com/watch?v=XdxyTWSeRx4

nothing you can do until AMD and their Board partners finally start making stable software

Got myself the Sapphire 5700 XT recently but I've noticed there is an occasional flicker at the top of my screen. Anyone know what that is or how to resolve it?

I'm pretty sure no one even has vega 56's in stock new any more, at least not where I live. So you're talking used vs used there, or importing NOS.
In that case you're looking at 90% the performance for 58% the price, at least where I am. For used vs used

>ignoring the part about how it should only be bought on sale
You always conveniently ignore the important parts of what you're responding to with your shill spam and trolling.

>SATA3 SSD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$400 builds; NVMe SSDs are cheap now
ftfy

You aren't running PCIe 4.0 on a 300 or 400 series board, are you?
Best bet is AMD support. Some people are having problems with Navi that others aren't. Some get fixed for people in driver updates and for others they haven't yet.

And? Doesn't matter. A 2060 is a better recommendation than a V56, period.

Your own link shows that the cheapest 2060 is $330. That's a terrible price. Retard.
They were $270 a few weeks ago. Now they're even worse value.

You're sad

Attached: firefox_2019-09-20_01-00-10.png (1973x207, 33K)

Tbh that means you should go for the 2060 if your total build cost is 700 euro or more.

I don't care about your shithole or your cropped screenshots

>That's a terrible price. Retard.
Better than a V56 for $350, retard.

Anyway, at $330, the 2060 is almost identical (if not better) value than a 5700 at $360, considering their performance difference is less than 10% apart pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#xcx=0&c=436,445&N=2,3&sort=price&R=5,4

Is it okay to have 5 fans connected to 1 header, through a basic fan control board?

It is still under the max wattage and amps, but is it a bad idea?

Attached: brainlet.jpg (800x903, 84K)

guys please help a brainlet out here

That depends, if you will see that full 10% uplift on your system and you're spending $800 on your system in total then that 10% is worth $80 to you

that's what I watched and I'm terrified of buying good value boards now

like what would happen when you reset it? would it go to the BIOS that doesn't even support Ryzen 3000?

State what you think your max amps for a motherboard header is and how much you think 5 fans will take.

lmao? No it means you should get the 5700 for 350 euro.
I just used the same link the retard gave and changed it to Germany.

depends on the amp draw for each fan.

Somewhat true, within reason.
You can put a $750 8TB SSD in your system to make it expensive, and suddenly a 2080Ti's performance/$ on the total system cost is a lot less bad. It's still not really worth it go go above the 5700XT/2070S and better to wait for the next series of GPUs.

WILL MY AMD MOBO FUCKING DIE FOR NO REASON OR NOT?!?!

1amp max for the mobo header
~0.14amp max per fan

That's not how it works, the cheaper parts up to a certain price SHOULD have better price/perf

like the 2060 super is NOT 20% faster, it's like 11%-14% faster depending on whose benchmarks you trust

a 580 blows a 1660 out of the water in price/perf as well, and that's also to be expected

1660ti blows a 580/590 and it's barely more expensive lol

Yes, it is how it works. A 2060 is better value while being in the same class as a 5700.

>a 580 blows a 1660 out of the water in price/perf as well
That's because the 580 is last gen.

so 0.7A out of 1A maximum.
Ehhh should be fine. I think 0.5-0.7 is about the max I personally would go for.
I used 3 fans to one header myself with one 0,08 A and two 0.12 A. So 0.32A in total.

1660Ti is a value trap, it gets absolutely shitstomped by a Vega 56

the only reason you'd get it is if you don't want to flash a bios or overclock your card at all or if $20 is make or break for your build

Vega 56 is $30 cheaper than the 2060 and is roughly the same performance, so it is how it works, when you go down a few dollars your value should increase

and it does in the case of 590 down to 580 down to 570 and they are in the same gen

>Vega 56 is $30 cheaper than the 2060 and is roughly the same performance,
Roughly, yes pic related. The 2060 is a bit better but not by much.
The big difference is that you get much, much lower power consumption which is important when keeping either the card cooler/ quieter, or keeping the rest of the components cooler in the case.
That and baby tier ray tracing, where you can probably enable 1 ray tracing effect in games or some low settings.

Attached: but a vega 56 is basically a 2070, disproven.jpg (2112x5441, 1.81M)

>Vega 56 is $30 cheaper than the 2060
No it is not, shithead. It's $20 more expensive

>1660Ti is a value trap, it gets absolutely shitstomped by a Vega 56
It does not. 6 or 7% better for $100 more. In fact a V56 is closer to a 1660Ti than a 2060.

>USA
Sorry, I live in an actually developed nation.

pcpartpicker.com/product/gcPKHx/asrock-radeon-rx-vega-56-8gb-phantom-gaming-x-video-card-rx-vega-56-8g

$300

while 1660ti is $280

No one in their right minds will buy a fireheater gayga 56 over a 2060 LOL

Fucking lol at buying fireheater cards
Radeon only exists to give some pricing competition to Nvidia, why you'd buy inferior fireshit to save a few bucks is beyond me

>used nvidia overpriced as fuck because le mindshare
A fucking 1060 costs $50 more than a 580 here.
The gap between a V56 and a 1070ti is closer, like $30 between a high end V56 and a low end 1070ti, but not enough for me to go with the 1070ti.

A blower V56, are you insane?
A 1660Ti is $260
pcpartpicker.com/product/c4F48d/evga-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-6-gb-sc-ultra-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-1667-kr

>RYZEN shilling general

Buy used retard

>reading comprehension
I never even consider new parts.

My mom is used to Incel 3".

Can she take Rising 9"?

Attached: hmmmm.png (300x300, 85K)

Thanks boi

In my shithole a used 1060 6gb goes for $80-100. With warranty. $80 range for the Zotac Gigabyte shit and $100 for the Strix triple cooler.

In my shithole it's $180 for a used 1060 6gb no warranty and $200 for NOS ones that still have warranty.
I don't see any NOS 580's but used they are $120 for an 8gb and $90 for a 4gb. They used to be slightly cheaper with the game flippers but that seems to have died out.

RX580 vs GTX 1060

at around $100 including delivery...

So, I bought the parts for my build and the system requirements of the Vega state: "Minimum 750W or greater system power supply"
Am I going to be fine?

Attached: Screenshot_20190920_100548.png (1345x923, 132K)

second panel
>so please remember to use to the screw...

blatant bait

NO

according to the hardware unboxed guy in the replies it looks like Jay has a pre-production reviewer sample. If you have a retail board you’re fine.

2060 is the value king because it comes with a free call of duty game worth 60 dollars

Another victory for the chads

I bought a 1660ti and when I bought it, I determined it was the better value for my 1080p 60hz monitor

no

Attached: IMG_20190920_101708~2.jpg (2824x2256, 1.17M)

Wow, a game I will never fucking play. Such value!

depends which is the better quality model.

blower card is going to be loud.
And yeah, your build does look like bait, having a 120GB SanDisk PLUS and a 240GB BX500.

Why the fuck would you get a 3700X with all those garbage components?

Since the old thread is autosaging, hopefully you’ll see this reply here.

My setup isn’t typical since I have a pair of active(powered) speakers for my turntable. The pair I have I kinda got because it has a lot of inputs so my pc, turntable(well phono preamp really), and PS4(via that monitor line out) all plug in. From there the speakers have a built in DAC so I plug my headphones into that.

So short answer is I use speakers and headset, but don’t have a separate audio card in my pc. If you’re curious I use audio engine HD3’s specifically because they have a lot of inputs(also I like my /mu/sic)

Can I get a quick rundown on PCI 4.0? I see X570 motherboards are generally recommended for new Ryzen builds but I'm not seeing why they're worth the extra cost versus X470 right now.

anything that isn't an ANUS or ASSCock basically but I heard the fucking strix b350-f I run a r5 1600 in can handle a 3900x so you may aswell just get a decent b450 or x470

Muh cores. I could really make use of them. This is not a gaming build, I only play casually on 1080p 60Hz.
Also the SSDs are old, wouldn't buy them now.

The blower is the least bait part of that, that tower has shit airflow, and all trolling aside that might actually be a good situation for a blower but christ wtf is going on with that storage?

Get a 1tb TLC, or a 2TB 660p, then add HDDs as needed
why a DVD writer? is it 2014?

>blower

Attached: in case of blower shill.jpg (2256x5568, 2.18M)

I wonder if I can sell my piece of shit zotac 1060 3gb for even $80 after I upgrade to a vega 64, or if I should just stick the 1060 in my secondary PC and try to sell the shitty evga gtx 560 for $40
oh fuck I guess I will need a new PSU too

you are the easiest guy to troll yaknow?

Blowers might be useful in minitowers and are usually the best choice in ITX builds

Look closer, those are parts he already had being carried over.
Pcpartpicker says it should be around 360w usage. I think you’ll be alright since board manufacturers don’t want clueless retards trying to power their cards with 400w no name PSU’s. If you’re not comfortable just return the unit for a 650w, that’ll be plenty.

Won't disagree with you on the ITX. The smaller, more confied the case, the more blower style makes sense.
You ideally want at least 2 fingers width betweent he GPU and any other component under it, for good cooling of said GPU.

Attached: but muh blower coolers are good.jpg (1449x773, 165K)

I'm moving the storage of my old PC to the new one. And well, I'm using DVDs, hello? You're upset I bought a 16€ part?

I'm not that guy btw Thank you. I googled a bit now and it seems there is no consensus. Some say 550W is easily enough, others recommend 750W. I will try and maybe undervolt the card.

Not sure where you’re seeing X570 being recommended, most posts I see are initial lists with X570 followed by another anons telling them to save cash and go X470/B450 instead.

As for PCI-E 4.0, it won’t be needed for graphics cards for another 3-5 years. For storage the users who can actually benefit from those higher speeds have already updated to it. If you don’t know if you need it, then you aren’t in the group that needs it.

over the last two weeks i've learned a lot about airflow.
also that blower has had it's fan throttled hard, they generally go just over 50dBA, the 5700 reference cooler at stock is fine, for the XT it's not quite good enough, it really needs a more aggressive fan curve because it's designed to let the card get up to 85deg

now the R9 series, there was a shit blower cooler

Worst case scenario you’ll just get some crashing. You won’t damage the card by delivering less power than it needs.

While the benefits aren't immediately noticeable for regular desktop usage and gaming, it will likely age better if you plan to ever upgrade CPU, get a USB 4.0 PCIe card, etc.

Alright, fair enough.
But the BX500 came out after the MX500..
>Some say 550W is easily enough, others recommend 750W
Depends on PSU quality. Vega can be spiky with its power draw. Some PSUs arbitrary shut off if they hit their rated wattage draw for only a few milliseconds.

BX series are budget trash. Better to get a Samsung 860 QVO, has a proper controller with real cache.

I thought the only difference was MX supports hardware encryption. Speed is the same?
The SSDs only contain OS, it doesn't matter so much in the end if the speed okay.

If those SSDs only have your OS, maybe think about upgrading to NVME and do a fresh windows install. New hardware means new drivers and it maybe less of a headache during setup. You can also repurpose those drives to load games from afterwards.

BX drives are dramless and also overheat.

plz respond

Sure, I will eventually upgrade now that I have an M.2 slot. But I'm quite satisfied with my storage situation atm. There is more than one possible upgrade at this point. I could go with another P300 as a hot-spare in the RAID, or an NVME and then either move the windows or the linux install to NVME. Don't know yet.

Other than storage there aren't really many benefits now, though I do think the fact that you've got more bandwidth to the mobo chipset is actually very nice. This means you can have a PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD on your chipset without basically choking the chipset-CPU connection just with that, so your other peripherals connected to the chipset (USB, SATA, chipset PCIe slot, etc.) will have room to breathe even with NVMe connected there as well.

This is probably more important than most people realize, choking on bandwidth can give you some really weird-ass 'symptoms'. I recently installed a 10Gbps network card on an older board in the chipset PCIe slot (on Intel Z87) and soon found out that it was dropping packets. Figuring out what the fuck was happening was absolute hell, in the end I discovered that the Z87 chipset only had 2GB/s to the CPU and it was already busy with all its 6 SATA ports occupied, so when I added the 10Gbps card there as well there just wasn't enough bandwidth available to copy data from the card to memory quickly enough, so my system was dropping packets.

It's really nice that on X570 you've got plenty of bandwidth available to all those peripherals, you could easily add a PCIe 3.0 NVMe drive and a 10Gbps NIC or something without worrying.

How are the driver issues with the 5700xt?

Thanks for the advice on X470 vs X570. How does this look?

Attached: 09-19.jpg (798x664, 151K)

mostly fixed from what i've heard
tfw can't afford one

tfw can't afford anything

Mostly seems fine now, except for some people with weak CPUs at 1080p are getting an issue where the low load is putting the cards into low power states that makes it perform really poorly.
I presume it'll be fixed soon now that it's widely reported. And also not a problem if your CPU is at least as good as an R5 3600 or i7 8700.

Alright, thanks that's good to know.

RX 580 is under $100...

Attached: tumblr_ph2951TG5V1xnqz02o1_500.jpg (500x488, 85K)

Oh and I think some people are still getting Freesync flicker issues on the new drivers, who weren't getting them on the pre-Navi June drivers.

There's two people selling the sabrent rocket which is otherwise unavailable in my country. How do you all feel about buying tech from people on the internet? One has 20 reviews, while the other has 75.

>1440/144
That setup could easily handle 4k. Get a better monitor.
I have a r7 1700, 16gb, gtx 1080ti and I get a solid 60fps at ultra settings (with some lighting/shadows turned down) at 3840x2160.

The core parts look good. If you're looking for 144FPS in VR too (as in, you've got an Index) you won't get it in every game, but it's not like you can buy a better graphics card than a 2080 Ti anyway, so that's that.

Source for the comic?

>at 1080p are getting an issue where the low load is putting the cards into low power states that makes it perform really poorly.
they still haven't fixed that since vega?!

Attached: 561.jpg (1653x902, 331K)

Would having a Ryzen 3600 and a Red Devil 5700XT in a HTPC case be doable? Not sure if the PC would just overheat and shit itself to death. Wanting to build my first ever PC and keep it as small as possible.

>AMD
>fixing anything

Thank you. I'm set on keeping my P278QR and I have a 1st generation Rift. Would you downgrade to the 2080 Super?

That's not the same issue. Idk what that is.
You can see it at 1445MHz, thus it's not stuck in p1 state.

Do storage devices work in motherboards that don't have their model listed in the QVL?

Attached: fffffff.jpg (311x162, 10K)

It's just the manufacturer's recommendation based on what they actually tested with the board. Often the list is outdated and many devices on it are not even sold anymore.
Any device that fits the specification and interface (SATA, SATA over M.2, NVMe over M.2) should work fine.

I have a water cooling system that works well with my CPU and i've been trying out overclocks, but even if the temps are okay, should i be worried of high voltages?
I'm using 1.25V now, because i heard that 1.3V starts reducing the life of my CPU, plus it turns red if i type it in the motherboard

How does this look? It'll primarily be for gaming.
pcpartpicker.com/list/dV2zK4
Do I need anything else (fans, thermal paste, etc) or is what's here good to go? And if you have any suggestions for my build, let me know.