I can't take the bloat anymore

I can't take the bloat anymore.

Attached: Screenshot_20190919_225008.png (1053x288, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/CD/netinst/
dwm.suckless.org/
tools.suckless.org/dmenu/
st.suckless.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks for letting us know.

ok

install alpine

12 cores is a lot desu. i have 3 cores

debian.org/CD/netinst/
dwm.suckless.org/
tools.suckless.org/dmenu/
st.suckless.org/

How many tabs have you opened?

I was thinking I'd spend some time acquainting myself with one of the BSD variants, most likely FreeBSD or OpenBSD. However I'm also interested in Alpine or Void. Debian is one of those distros that, despite its popularity, I never really gave any thought to. Perhaps I should. At any rate, I have an old Inspiron 1100 laptop that I've installed FreeBSD on. It's currently booted, logged in, and using 63MB of memory. I have no idea how to do anything on it.

Bloat is a nonsensical term, simple as that. You're going down a slippery slope. If you really wanted minimal memory usage, you'd have 90-100 swappiness and compressed swap instead of using inferior software.

>I have no idea how to do anything on it.
Yeah retard....
You will always be a shit programmer.

I'm not, I get paid good money and work in embedded with C++. Keep whining about megabytes of usage you don't understand.

>slippery slope
you just watched meme smith video, right?

No, I can think for myself. Reducing bloat is a nonlinear optimisational problem with no constraints defined. This is why people end up using featureless software for several percent less RAM usage. A better solution would be drop-in replacements that just happen to use less RAM.

Fix your blacks. Either update htop or use the "broken gray" color scheme for it.

all the features a DE provides can be done from terminal, also you can install file manager without having a DE
so it's not featureless

You entirely remove the GUI/visual interface to the back end. That's a big feature, using a computer with just a mouse.

terminal emulator is a GUI tho

>bloat equals number of processes shown by htop
>runs Xorg as root
So if a program forks itself into sub processes for performance and security reasons it is bloat?
How retarded can you actually be?

I could put up with all of suckless's autism, but stterm was too much.

I draw the line at urxvtd.

Attached: kanna lick.jpg (1280x720, 318K)

just add the scrollback patch

Attached: 15747366281974.jpg (540x810, 93K)

nah I enjoy being able to customize my terminal from .Xresources

Does st not have scrollback? christ do these people use their computers?

bash is a bloated shell
also terminal.sexy does the colors for stterm.

its whatever. urxvt is nice

>X

You have to install a patch for it.
The idea is they don't wany any features tmux has by default, so that if people use tmux they don't have the same feature twice.

Either way, using anything besides urxvt or your DE's terminal is autism.

Install OpenBSD

I refuse to use a terminal emulator that uses less than a few hundred megabytes of memory.

Is pic related the future of terminal emulators?

Attached: hyper.png (1200x1200, 124K)

>You will always be a shit programmer.
Please explain the mental process that led you to write this, I'm curious.

>has almost 2/3 of completely unused ram
>overall cpu usage is less than 10%
>worries about "bloat"
lol. how about you actually use that machine to get something done?

Attached: Macross_Delta_05_27807488.mkv_snapshot_20.01_2016.05.02_12.24.21.png (1280x720, 1.52M)

This, but unironically.
The literal children on this board won't listen though, and will resort to meme software alternatives that lack even basic functionality instead.

>plasmashell

install top instead of htop