What could be better?

What could be better?

Attached: puf600X516.gif (600x516, 45K)

Not being a cuck.

hey, explain to me in simple terms please what is the diference between bsd na gnu/linux distributions.
im currently on kubuntu, before i had plain debian. im slowly learning the coreutils and how services work.

BSD operating systems are complete, cohesive systems that work together as one. Each package in the core system is designed specifically to be compatible with other packages in the core system. Linux is a chaotic mess of packages that are each updated independently with little to no regard for one another. BSD = simplicity, Linux = complexity.

and would everything break if id swtich?
are there gnu coreutils equivalents?
how does the architecture work? - meaning when i had some software online for which i downloaded a .deb file or tar.gz and compiled it, how does that work over there? sorry if i sound stupid

OpenBSD on a T420 is the tops. You can't beat it. It's comfy. There's no going back.

most bsd programs are ported from linux
hell, even library like qt5 was ported from linux
so if you have no knowledge in porting .tar.gz to bsd, you're gonna have a hard time

>BSD = simplicity, Linux = complexity
more like Linux = flexibility, BSD = bloat

More like no one cares about your imaginative bloat or "flexibility"

no one cares about your imaginative complexity or "simplicity"

incel

tranny

License it under the GPL.

I do, so does everyone I know in the field

its a pain in the ass to upgrade openbsd especially if you use firmware for wifi.

A kernel that doesn't BSOD when you eject your memory stick.

>BSD = bloat
You have no clue what you are talking about. BSD kernel is a lot smaller than the bloated mess that is Linux.
Linux = bloat
BSD = minimalism

I mean, if you have the source of a program, and all its dependencies are already available on BSD, it should build without issues. But that will not always happen. They are close enough to be "it mostly works, but sometimes it does not work" territory.

Why? I use firmware for wifi, and I upgrade my -current installation every week or so. Wifi works during the installation just fine.

they finally have binaries available to update the stable branch, mtier is no longer required.

a more appealing rebranding is a start, along with some other eye candy. then we call it OS MMXX

Pretty much everything & anything tbqh.

Ext4 and LUKS support.

Wait a minute, is OpenBSD, in 2019, still capable of ruining your files due to sudden power shortage?

I'm really starting to lose faith in the Linux ecosystem...
Megacorp and intelligence infiltration, gamer bullshit, Flatpak...
Maybe it really is time for a change...
I just don't know if everything will work on this Dell Inspiron laptop I got here.

Attached: 1566013709712.png (366x257, 69K)

What really grinds my gears about BSD (and OpenBSD in particular) isn't even the OS itself.
It's the fact that they are more friendly towards proprietary shitware than copylefted free software. Fuck that hypocritical shit.

>RMS fanboy can't handle actual freedom

Color me surprised.

Attached: 34432322.png (1036x525, 106K)

I'm you, but stronger

Attached: qubes.png (512x512, 11K)

>What could be better?
i'd just like to interject for a moment

Attached: i'd just like to interject for a moment.png (1200x919, 26K)

NetBSD

DragonFlyBSD