Facebook Engineers Hate Their Jobs

Who would have thought that a company which shits on its users would also shit on its staff?

>windowless coding closets
>cheap equipment
>personal life constantly under scrutiny
>dying product
>company software lock-in
>political brainwashing

youtube.com/watch?v=-brF6SUXbns

Attached: cult-of-facebook.jpg (640x481, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2019/08/02/facebooks-flop-in-hardware-the-untold-story-of-building-8.html
web.archive.org/web/*/facebook.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think the general population fits under 3 categories: either too braindead to change; too anal to ever consider it; or simply does not use PCs for anything unless forced/coerced to

Despite Zuckerberg being the absolute worst kind of Jew, it is hard to not be impressed by his achievements. To be 20 years old and dive head first in to running a huge company that has achieved what Facebook has.

99% of people that even got to that position would have slipped and failed within a year. Had their company stolen, or plain old company crashed and burned.

He is one smart Jew.

So the entire thing is just overrun by SJWs who are completely overrepresented and if they figure out that you're not only a white male, but not trans, not gay and not disabled, you will be resented.
Sounds great.

He's certainly impressive in some regards but with Facebook haemorrhaging users it'll be interesting to see if he can adapt. I don't see Facebook surviving 10 to 20 years.

>ENGINEERS
What exactly are they engineering?

Software

Society's demise.

That too.

cnbc.com/2019/08/02/facebooks-flop-in-hardware-the-untold-story-of-building-8.html

it was well known that they tried to make custom hardware, but recent news are that it didn't work

Didn't a faceberg employee just anhero recently?

>Facebook Engineers
just put engineer at the end of everything to quadruple its market value.
>lvl 4 microsoft support engineer
no matter how you name it, they are the burger flippers of the industry.

No suprise there. Google do their own internal hardware but they invested heavily and got the right people. Facebook just throw money at idiots and hope they solve everything.

Zuck has lost sight of whats important. He's not in the trenches anymore.

He's off on "research" vacations all the time, raising his Jew-asian hybrids and barbecuing meat in his backyard.

The captain not being at the helm takes its toll after a while.

>failing company

>what is whatsapp
>what is instagram

imagine working for that little jewish chinkloving rat

Failing product, not company.

I think that was one of their jannies, don't quote me on that though

FUCK OFF AND DIE, YOU DISGUSTING ATTENTION WHORING FAILURE

>To be 20 years old and dive head first in to running a huge company that has achieved what Facebook has.
You do realize Facebook existed several years before Zuckerberg purportedly created it, right? Read up the oldest archived websites. I dare you.
>web.archive.org/web/*/facebook.com
>tl;dr Facebook was and is a brilliant alphabet agency funded scam to crowdsource intelligence work for the IC

You guys are pathetic. I go to work at 9am and return at 4pm in Menlo Park. I get $200k+ and regularly take vacations without any push back. When the pressure is high, the hours increase but I'm not a brainlet and enjoy programming challenges. Stop falling for this corporate meme shit. I don't like social media but my job is great and I'm on track to be financially independent by my early 30's. But I won't quick because I like my job. Don't let the degenerates on this board convince you otherwise.

Nice try zukerberg.

>financial independence in your thirties
Let me guess, you think you can ride into the sunset on $500k in assets? You're in for a nasty surprise.

Attached: whores-laughing.jpg (480x360, 19K)

You could. It depends on where you live. The best way to figure things out is to look into the trinity study. Figure out the amount of money you'd be happy to live off of passively and divide that by .04. That will give you a rough idea of what you need to save.

To answer your question directly I'm aiming for $1mil. I'm primarily interested in having a home in the countryside. I don't want to self-sustain or be a survivalist but I like the idea of producing my own food and working on more creative activities. I would really like to make my own automated greenhouse, for instance, and learn to hunt, butcher and cure meat.

I know you probably weren't expecting a genuine answer but it's what I want and I'm not ashamed about it.

Per year to live off of*

How are you prepared for market crashes given that you're relying on passive income? How are you prepared for illnesses, especially when you're in burgerstan?

You're not, you're buying into delusional thinking.

Imagine what his children can do.

>To answer your question directly I'm aiming for $1mil.
That's not enough for financial independence my dude, this will probably last you less than 20 years. You need to account for inflation, potential market crashes, unexpected illnesses etc. Also, being 100% self-sufficient wrt food is completely utopian.

>windowless coding closets
>bad
enjoy being called over to look at a meme at your coworkers desk every 5 minutes.

There were like 20 shared desks in there dude, a single occupancy closet is a dream.

>Also, being 100% self-sufficient wrt food is completely utopian.
Explain. Plenty of poorfags in Eastern Europe are 100% self-sufficient wrt food.

>Plenty of poorfags in Eastern Europe are 100% self-sufficient wrt food.
You're delusional and have clearly never been to Eastern Europe.

Have you ever worked on software in a cubicle? It's the closest thing to a hell in an air-conditioned space.

I'm a Finfag so live right next to Eastern Europe. Been there plenty of times.

>You're delusional
Explain yourself.

I don't want a cubicle, I want a goddamn floor to ceiling walled office with a skylight or window. Cubicles are just pretend offices.

"The Facebook" started in 1979 as a secret government database to aquire everyones data

>hurr durr Zuckerstein is one smart Jude

They rely heavily on one another (as a community) to survive. There's not everyone being self sufficient independently.

>tl;dr word games
Thank you for at least being honest about being a flaming faggot.

A cubicle isn't a pretend office, it's a pretend closet. There's a massive difference.

At least there's air conditioning
>t. europoor

>1979
Jow Forumsing sauce

It's really his fault for being fired from Facebook in today's political climate. I refuse to have any of my opinions tied to my face or name when I post them online precisely because I know that it would just be a matter of time before I say something that offends someone somewhere, and they would call for me to lose my job. It's pretty cucked how having opinions effects your livelihood.

>t. The Techlead
But you got fired from facebook for calling yourself an ex-google tech lead on Jewtube

>be burger
>read at a grade school level
>be unable to comprehend that the qualifier "in an air-conditioned space" was nod to the fact that despite the environment being bad, there are much worse places to be than an air-conditioned office
t. burger

Steve Czywick (or however you spell it).
Said he knew about it since 1979, Facebook isn't new.

>How are you prepared for market crashes given that you're relying on passive income?

You should read the Trinity study. The whole point of the 4% model is that it works with such mark crashes in mind. Also I wouldn't be wholly reliant on income as I would grow much of my food and I'm not very materialistic.

>How are you prepared for illnesses, especially when you're in burgerstan?
I have dual citizenship and the place where I would move to has half the cost of healthcare.

>That's not enough for financial independence my dude, this will probably last you less than 20 years. You need to account for inflation, potential market crashes, unexpected illnesses etc.

Again, see the trinity study.

The irony of all this is that even if this were not the case the truth of the matter is we all are susceptible to market crashes, wagies in particular.

If you're finnish you know there are no one that are 100% self-sufficient wrt food. t. Norwegian

>I have dual citizenship and the place where I would move to has half the cost of healthcare.
Not sure which country that allows both dual citizenship and free healthcare. Norway allows dual citizenships, but strips you of your welfare rights if you've lived longer than 1 year outside Norway. Pretty sure most other countries would have similar rules.

>100% of replies are nothing but obtuse quibbling
Jow Forums truly is full of aspies

>Also, being 100% self-sufficient wrt food is completely utopian.

Imagine having this level of reading comprehension. Read it again: . I don't want to self-sustain or be a survivalist but I like the idea of producing my own food and working on more creative activities.

Again, I don't want to produce everything myself. I actually have very little interest in the hard work involved in being self-sustainable. It's a huge waste of time. I want to spend time writing, reading, programming, making music. But keep telling yourself that this is dumb, it doesn't matter because I'm not you and I can live my life while you can shit post about a job you'd never qualify for.

>free healthcare
Again, imagine having this level of reading comprehension. My country does not have free healthcare, but healthcare literally half the cost.

I'm not telling myself this is dumb, I'm telling you that it's dumb. Did you expect to go on Jow Forums and not receive criticism for completely deluded shit? $1M is nowhere enough to become financially independent in your 30s, as I already said, it's going to last you 15-20 years tops if you live extremely spartan.

?

It doesn't matter dude. You're completely delusional if your response to "what about a financial recession" is "i'll just move abroad to some place cheaper, lol".

sweet, how do i become one of those idiots?

This is mathematically false. You literally are a brainlet it's incredible.

First of all, assuming I lived off of $40,000 a year without putting my funds in indexes, it would take 25 years to exhaust $1mil. Second of all, you'd have to be a brainlet to think that you can't combat inflation with proper asset managment. Third, passive investing will put you beyond inflation. Fourth, withdrawing incrementally allows you to manage market slowdowns. Again, read the trinity study. There are also excel spreadhsheets that you can run that will give you the probability of your funds lasting in different scenarios over a determinate amount of years.

But you're a brainlet so you don't think in terms of facts and deduction, so good luck.

>First of all, assuming I lived off of $40,000 a year without putting my funds in indexes, it would take 25 years to exhaust $1mil
Except you're not accounting for inflation, moron.

> Second of all, you'd have to be a brainlet to think that you can't combat inflation with proper asset managment. Third, passive investing will put you beyond inflation.
Assuming that you're not bombing and assuming there is no recession.

>asian complaining about diversity

This has nothing to do with recession. Recessions are inevitable and as of right now we're better off in Burgerstan than EuSSR. I was responding to your question about illness and healthcare, not recession. Separate issues.

you cage yourself because of how you think dude.

So you think migrating and (re)settling in a different country is cost-free, especially if you have poor health?

>techlead

No, I'm just not delusional. It's perfectly possible to become financially independent at 30, but simply saving up $1M and moving into the woods isn't going to cut it.

It's interesting you call me a moron and in the next sentence I mention inflation.
It's also wholly naive to think inflations and recessions march in step. They're not related like this. In fact, in recessions a currency can deflate because spending is lower. On top of this, again, you don't need to take my word for it. Do the numbers yourself. There's a wealth of resources on early retirement. I don't know why you are having such a hard time with this. Wait, I do. You're a brainlet that has a one track mind that can't do basic math or understand basic economics.

This. It's actually amazing to see one post after another show this amount of mental barriers with such clarity in a mongolian moon rune forum.

Who said it was cost free?

FIRE community has studied this quite well and there are a lot of people doing this, it's more about spending less than saving or finance. they have simulations based on past data and contingency plans. you can retire on 1mil easy, of course depends where and how you live.

>It's interesting you call me a moron and in the next sentence I mention inflation.
You can mention it all you want, but it's clear from your arithmetic that you didn't account for it.

>It's also wholly naive to think inflations and recessions march in step. They're not related like this. In fact, in recessions a currency can deflate because spending is lower.
This statement is true, but it doesn't help your case. It's not like inflation and recessions cancel each other out over time.

>On top of this, again, you don't need to take my word for it. Do the numbers yourself.
I did, no need for online resources to tell that you're completely delusional.

>Wait, I do. You're a brainlet that has a one track mind that can't do basic math or understand basic economics.
Insults doesn't make your claims any more true though.

>there are a lot of people doing this
Dude, just stop.

ok stick to being a slave.

My arithmetic need not account for it. There is a semantic distinction. You are pushing one form. I covered both. Without inflation the numbers are still the numbers. Purchasing power is a different way to read dollar denominated savings. I responded to that briefly in the next sentence.

But again, keep yourself trapped. You'll be chasing money, not understanding compound interest or gradual growth. That's fine. All these comments are self-serving because none of them actually do anything for me. You haven't pointed me toward one resource that shows something like the trinity study to be false, or the basic idea behind FIRE to be incorrect. You just say it's delusional. But mathematical models are mathematical models. There are simulations as the other user pointed out. You're being dogmatic without presenting any evidence. And that's what makes you a brainlet. And you're right, that doesn't make my statement more true. It just adds another truth to my claims.

Also the idea that you can't live off of $40,000 even with inflation is completely ridiculous. I don't even intend to spend that much. Not including the rent in the valley my yearly expenses are far lower than that anyway.

whatever, retard go live in the woods

>$40k a year
>living comfortably
Where the fuck do you live? South-East Europe?

I see that somewhere you're not in a good place. You'll probably never look back on this conversation. But if you do, consider this. Don't like recessions scare you from thinking you can live a meaningful and frugal life off of 4% of your savings. These models account for recessions. Maybe one day you might like to reevaluate your position before it's too late. What's the harm?

Goodbye, user.

this moron is so closeminded, he doesnt even realize there are places in asia where you can live comfortably for 10k a year. hell if you learn enough you could live for 0$ and hunt with your bare hands in the jungle for the rest of your life if you wanted to. but better to choose a life of slavery for a new nintendo switch or other disposable garbage every year.

>lol you can be self-sufficient just hunt with your bare hands in the jungle
You need to be 18 to post here.

>live among street shitting pajeets fighting for scraps and die from dysentery
>"heh at least I'm not a consumerist wage"

back to work wagie i need some more dividends.

Attached: railay-peninsula.jpg (1600x900, 270K)

>nothing to eat
>no shelter
>no electricity
>b-b-but the beaches are nice bro!!
Fucking hippies.

the best fresh food in the world. stay mad cuck :)

Remain delusional, Satan. Sure you can live for no money at all if you have absolutely zero goal of having any form of living standard at all, but I prefer not having to live among Pajeets or Chinks and risking nasty parasites or dying from exposure.

Not him. But you are fucking underage. There's a reason people take vacations there and don't move instead. Life is more than chilling at a beach somewhere.

cucks

Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem. You know I haven't seen many arguments from you. Looks to me like you lost already. Cmon, grow up

haha the cope. see you on teh bayou cletus.

You have to be 18 to post here.

the reason they don't move is because they don't have the balls to unshackle themselves from their limited thinking which leads to wagecuckery. the kind of limited thinking that has been displayed by the naysayers in this thread even when the plain evidence is staring them in the face. if you think you are a worthless slave you will always be one.

>you can easily live off 1 million with interest and assets, no probs at all
>b-b-b-but you have to move to asia and hunt in the jungle with your bare hands
Jesus fucking christ, you are delusional. A geriatric 80 year old sure is going to hunt parasite infested boars with a broken hip and dengue feber for sure.

read again moron.

if the cost of being "unshackled" is living in some awful third-world country and having to struggle to find food every day, I'd rather be a wagie any day.

people will come to you for a modest sum and serve better food than you can get in your supermarket for a fraction of the price. enjoy your unfreezed long distance bananas user.

>better food
Confirmed for never having been to South-East Asia. Enjoy your parasites and food poisoning.

lived there never had a problem. american food gives me gastro though. anyway good night kids, enjoy closeminded living and never leaving your state :) .

>lived there never had a problem.
I guess daily diarrhoea isn't "a problem" when you shit in the streets and your life expectancy is 50 years.

>gives me gastro
What does this mean exactly? Did you mean gas?

> unshackle
> wagecuckery
Ye... you're one of those... Your whole life must be so miserable that these are the first things that come to mind. If you can't think of the other things that "shackle" people to where they are then you really should move to some third world country and die alone somewhere surounded with a bunch of niggers and chinks.

He admitted to being a chinknig, his posts reeks of jealousy of first world countries.

all this politics is very tiring