FREE AS IN FREEDOM

>FREE AS IN FREEDOM

Attached: 1566663432873.png (785x1000, 254K)

C as in Cunny

Based

I need my daily dose of cunny doc please

AAAAAAAA I NEED CP (Cunny Pics)

quality thread you stupid nigger

upvote

C as in Cancer

If you don't use free software, you are a cuckold.

>SOFTWARE FREEDOM IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
>Do you actually modify any software that you use, ever?
>NOOOOO YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO POINT THAT OUT IT'S JUST REALLY IMPORTANT OKAY?!

Attached: 1561246573358.jpg (378x378, 31K)

Its important for transparency and preventing "free programs" from being malware and some people do modify the sourse code,just not me.

Im not even against proprietary software and i know this.

>72832829
This is what happens when you let the trash think their opinion matters and that they belong here.

>preventing "free programs" from being malware
you couldn't even name 3 free programs that are independently audited for malware-like instructions. free software is fantastic in theory but poorly executed in practice. open-source creates tunnel vision, especially on larger projects where nobody knows what code does what, meaning the barrier of entry is so goddamn high everything goes unchecked for years. fuck you.

Yeah every patch and pull request is always merged without question

Open as in your mouth

The only one i know of off the top of my head is Colourama (a python program that was found to have malware)

But i already said "i dont modify source code" i just use a select few "free" programs,on top of that trying to prevent doesnt guarantee safety,it just helps.

>SOFTWARE FREEDOM IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR TRANSPARANCY AND PREVENTING FREE PROGRAMS FROM BEING MALWARE
>Have you actually personally checked any software that you use for malicious code, ever?
>NOOOOO YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO POINT THAT OUT IT'S JUST REALLY IMPORTANT OKAY?!

Attached: 1430021814602.jpg (700x700, 68K)

I just said it was important (maybe extremely important to free tards but im not one so idk)

And ask the people who contribute to the source code whether they have found anything,not an average user who just uses a few programs.

The fact Jow Forums just shrugs off soiposting might make this one of the worst boards on the site.

the wordfilter originated here, of course people will double down on it

Quite the opposite, not engaging is the best way of dealing with zoomer memelords

Yum

As a Linux user i fucking hate the "Free as in freedom" sometimes, i mean i get why free software is good but sometimes i think people should make their software proprietary, like they spent time and shit on it, so why make it free and rely on shitty donations?
proprietary is guaranteed botnet sometimes which is bad but oh well

Because profit shouldn't hold back human civilization. You don't need more than 10 million dollars. You don't need fucking 50 billion.

Alot of the devs just want it to be "foss" cause thats what they want it as a development model,and for some devs its too late anyways cause it will just be forked if the creator makes it closed.