Chinese scientists turn copper into ‘gold’

Chinese scientists turn copper into ‘gold’

>Process in which copper is blasted with argon gas creates particles with similar properties to gold
>The new material cannot be turned into fake gold coins but could reduce use of precious metals in manufacturing

scmp.com/news/china/science/article/2179209/chinese-scientists-turn-copper-gold

Attached: c57b7fa8-05a6-11e9-b0d2-cf4a0f50367e_image_hires_155328.jpg (3421x4383, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

advances.sciencemag.org/content/4/12/eaau3275
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope this drops the value of gold permanently.
Imagine all those boomer tears.

literally says in the first fucking sentence that it doesn't turn copper into actual gold

>argon

better yet.

Increase the value of copper.

>trusting scientific advances coming out of china
I shiggy diggy

>Process
Chinese continue to advance horizons of fraud.

gipsies and conmen of old have known it for centuries that copper can be substituted for gold

Attached: conductivity.gif (445x353, 15K)

It basically negates the value of gold.
Gold is used because you can make it insanely thin and it's very conductive.
If you can do the same thing cheaper using copper and argon, gold's only value will be sentimental.

Turning lead into gold has been possible since the 80’s. It was on tomorrow’s world. It took a lot of time and energy and they said it was not economically viable back then BUT NOW IT PROBABLY IS.

Attached: E48E1CF4-F6B1-46A2-90FF-AC036364F917.gif (320x316, 2M)

>insanely thin and it's very conductive.

It seems like the same process or very similar

This has already been spoken about; it is a 100 year old discovery, that China is marketing as new. The West figured this out years ago, but it isn't that important or useful.

Here is the research article: advances.sciencemag.org/content/4/12/eaau3275

>this kills the boomer

Attached: 1543442956090.png (498x513, 426K)

Thin films of copper oxidize in air. Quickly when exposed to water. Useless for electrical contact plating, window de-icers, corrosion protection, etc. Potentially useful in some situations, but it won't significantly affect the gold market.

Attached: Gold-Demand-Usage-20141.png (739x475, 137K)

>It basically negates the value of gold.
Gold derives most of it's value from it being a currency and store of value. And that has been the case for 1000s of years.

>gold is valueable because it has always been valueable and that will never change
It had value because it was pretty and rare. Only boomers think gold will hold its value. Central banks should stockpile rare earth elements instead

Attached: 1546407731161.jpg (686x576, 63K)

>It had value because it was pretty and rare
That's part of it and why wouldn't that continue to be the case? It's also because people have agreed that it's a store of value for 1000s of years and use it as a currency. Currencies have very strong network effects. Gold has a near monopoly on being a physical currency (that's not paper money).

You mean those commodities subject to greater demand and price volatility, and which oxidize easily?

Demand will only go up at least until we can access resources from space and that will take a while. What do you think will happen if you try to actually liquidate your gold reserves?

>Gold has a near monopoly on being a physical currency (that's not paper money).
among boomers

Some people of Euro descent said it had a measure of value.
Romans cared on the face not the weight.

Gold has a lot of other good qualities too, for example it does not rust

1. It's extremely costly to make it to commercial
2. No one will approve radioactive isotopes for public use.

I think I saw that, but the process involved made the gold highly radioactive for a very long time.

No dum dum, it's because gold doesn't corrode and it's relatively rare. Unless you believe in Yakub having computere

>retarded millennial thinks boomers are hoarding gold

It was in the super collider and required 100,000 gallons of water to produce one troy ounce of gold, and the energy required could power Dallas for 5 days straight (if i remember right).

Now if gold were to get as high as 100k per oz, then maybe it would be worth it...

Boomers don't believe in Gold, they believe in feudalism, i.e property, and living off rent.

Did you read the article you dumb nigger, this process results in copper with similar properties to gold--i.e. it not being corrosive. That is literally the point of the article.

Attached: hm.png (454x527, 105K)

Isotopes are used all the time by the public.
Ever seen a gun sight?

If it has the properties of gold for example the reason gold is used in electronics then the mass usage of this copper would make gold in electronics redundant .
For the niggers and biz on here this means more bling on the market as gold is highly used in electronics today .

True. So many wars since the dawn of men were fought because gold is thin and superconductive.

Attached: 1481637176341.jpg (210x200, 9K)

Wake me up when they figure out how to make something useful like oil

Everything that comes from China is fake even the gold

How will platinum fix anything?

You really give your country a bad name you absolute fucking retard

>Gold is valuable because it is used in electronics
Brainlet alert

>he doesn't hold indium, iridium, or palladium

lol, it's still copper. Gold will never lose a lot of value, unless get hit by golden meteor or something.

It's not pseudo gold, it's super copper.
Copper that last forever unless stolen by gyppoes.

>the sputtered Cu species with some changes in electron structure and chemical properties have a potentiality in substitution of noble metals in hydrogenation reactions.
Looks like it's only useful for some chemistry.

so alchemy is true , Isaac newton was right yet again

Cpu Socket pins and Indium/Gold soldering

Gold plated connectors

go back there

Attached: imptrash.png (714x1085, 327K)

"no"

Attached: 400 (7).jpg (344x399, 122K)

redpilled user

First of all, it is fucking copper w/ properties of gold.
also it aint gonna cost effective
for fucks sake anons how naive are you thinking they are making real gold