Chromebook

Chrome-pill me why I should spend $1000 on a chrome book instead of a normal laptop

Attached: wtf.png (1110x697, 124K)

You shouldn't.
/thread

You shouldn't, chromebooks are awful unless its under 200$ then its just bad

buy a normal notebook and install gnu/linux you crazy person

You shouldn’t you stupid fuck

>chromebook
anyone who buys anything other macbooks or thinkpads should just kill themselves

Attached: 1564758555097.jpg (745x717, 82K)

Just a legit question, is Chromebook useful offline?

>using an internet media consumption device without access to internet-based media
To answer your question: no.

its potato without an Internet connection + no OOTB ability to run Linux binaries

The only redeeming quality of a macbook is having MAC OS as an easy option.

Why. Who is stupid enough to buy this?

>Why. Who is stupid enough to buy this?
Normies, they are dumb enough

Based and redpilled
Nigger MacBooks have the best resale value and will never slow down.

Because Chromebook Pixels specifically have the ability to hack the firmware and install other operation systems including hackintoshing if you are into that sort of thing

The hardware itself is pretty nice, core i5, high Rez 3:2 screen, aluminum build, actual ports, etc.

Attached: mqdi6xqlfbuz.jpg (3264x2448, 542K)

Delete your posts and let me shill in peace.

Attached: shill-1390563274004.jpg (500x417, 65K)

i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD - $999
Fuck me, it better have 24h battery life if it costs that much with those specs

Chromebooks can be pretty decent in a few niche scenarios. Give it to a relative who will inevitably fuck anything else with their super special "customizations". I see this shit with women a lot. They just install themes and shit on their phones or whatever and they bog it down to shit with bloatware. It's practically unusable that way so they upgrade frequently to fix the problem they created while also denying any solution that would involve removing the cancerous bloat. Chromebooks and iShit is good for those retards because they're put into a box and forced to not fuck things up horrendously.

That said if you're a white male with a functioning brain you should consider a different platform since literally anything else will afford you a greater degree of freedom that will enable you to get actual work done on your computer. Of course you could always install a real os onto a chromebook if you just want a decent media consumption machine with decentish battery. Just know that you'll be stuck with the 1366x768 jew and trash keyboards.

Chromebooks are good for grandparents

They just want to take pictures of their cameras sd card and post them to Facebook, they don't need the ability to have their PC hijacked by unwanted shit bundled in program installers. And they don't need anything resembling fancy hardware.

It's the perfect use case and they'll enjoy the speed of not missing this things, longer battery, cheaper hardware, etc.

It's only ok when Apple do it user.

My company bought into the G Suite and GCP bullshit. We have Google guys (software engineers and product managers, I'm guessing) walking around our campus, carrying these things. Do those fags actually use this shit for development?

From what I've seen they thermal throttle hard
But resale value is a good point

>Do those fags actually use this shit for development?
No, they just use it to connect remotely to systems on which they do. I have no clue why everything Google is so obtuse. Microsoft 365/Azure/etc. seems the better choice for most companies.

>Microsoft 365
Office definitely was better, to be honest. I hate having to keep a browser open to get mail and calendar notifications.
>Azure
I suppose this only really matters for SREs and people who actively deal with infrastructure, but I kind of like the managed apache beam that GCP provides.

I think they look nice

you can run android apps on it and i'm pretty sure you can runs docs offline so maybe. i wouldn't get one for myself nor would i recommend it for friends or family.

I can't

G suite is offered to non profits for free. There's also a ton of great shit on there and way more lightweight than Office 365 which is bloated. Shame about the fact that it's one giant botnet company though.

No one should spend more than $300 on a laptop.