Macbook Thread

Talk about your Macbooks please.

Attached: sadkatz.png (868x932, 402K)

I have a 2010 13" MBP that I like and use as my daily driver. Slapped an SSD and some more ram in it and it still runs fine. Trackpad is great and keyboard is plenty good for a laptop.

Also have a much newer 15" MBP for work with a touchbar and shittier keyboard with no key travel at all and a trackpad that feels significantly less tactile. Hate using it, but it's definitely a lot more powerful.

She's ugly.

2014 13" MBP owner here. I hate everything about it except for the OS.

I have an 2012 MBP. I just added a 16GB RAM pack to it. It's been acting weird lately though. The trackpad gets phantom inputs. It's not the battery, and I already tried taking out the trackpad to clean it. I'm wondering if I need to change the thermal paste.
I think she's cute.

Attached: 1560187823378.jpg (345x441, 23K)

I don't think the thermal paste would have anything to do with your phantom inputs, but if you haven't changed it since you got it, you definitely should.

My X220 is comfy

I suppose so. Does that help with overheating?
It still working fine for you?

You are ugly.

Yeah, but not being able to upgrade the RAM and SSD in an easy way and only having two USB ports is annoying. It also overheats when I do something more intensive than posting here.

Attached: 1563522251155.jpg (888x768, 63K)

I think you need to change to a real computer

I recently got a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro 13 with a 480GB SSD for a really low price.

I despise Apple, but their market share is to good not to develop Apps for it.

>can't pay rent
>can buy macshit
Macfags

If you want to earn money developing apps I'd take a look at Android, more than a billion users and a near unfiltered storefront.

iJeets out

I'll try that then. It might be overheating a bit.
I'm glad that works for you.
IT WAS A GIFT!! IT STILL WORKS THOUGH!!

Attached: Jahy despair.png (433x341, 82K)

I want to be on both platforms

Attached: rnp13gc1szs01.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

>hating everything besides from the OS

Stupid discord tranny

Jahy is the superior demon. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1568995095.jpg (651x737, 53K)

>Ahem

Attached: Satania iPhone.jpg (605x530, 62K)

Please stop using Jahy as your avatar.

She just needs an anime

avatarfagging is a bannable offense.

I have a 2011 15" MacBook pro.
It's basically the Thinkpad of MacBooks, I've swapped out the disk drive for an hdd and put an SSD in the other slot. Changed the battery several times. It even has an SD card slot and Ethernet port. Still doesn't slow down for anything after 8 years.
I'm going to be sad when it stops working, they don't make em like they used to.

She needs a less lazy translator.
I'm not avatarfagging, I just want to post Jahy because others posted her before.

Attached: 1564063801799.jpg (1440x2048, 548K)

I've got an early 2015 mac book air w/ i7-5650U, 8GB RAM and 512GB flash storage. It's a superb computer, and despite only having a dual core CPU it does things that claim you need a quad core desktop CPU for. One time I had a bunch of corruption and issues with the OS, did an OS update to 10.14 and it fixed all the issues and doubled my battery life. I don't think I'd have it any other way.

That said, I've encountered something strange when playing youtube videos on it. When I select 1080p60fps quality, most of the time it's normal, however some videos cause it to get really hot. As far as I can tell there is no difference between the 1080p60 videos that are normal and the ones that create a ton of heat. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

I heard about dropping the CD drive, but I still see value in mine so I don't want to drop it, but I wish they didn't drop all the ports for thunderbolt stuff. It seems kinda counterintuitive. Same as all the audio port dropping that happened in phones a while ago. dongles everywhere is wack.
Is it reaching max memory pressure?
Other people post too. 3 of those are me though. If it's that much of an issue I'll stop posting Jahy then.

>Is it reaching max memory pressure?
I haven't checked that in a while. Is that still found in activity monitor?

Activity Monitor it's in Utilities.

Who the fuck cares?

Ok, so I opened up one of the problem videos in the background and opened up activity monitor, and memory pressure graph reads as a flat line 50% in green. Playing or pausing the video has no impact on it, nor does closing the tab it is open in. Pausing the video DOES let the system cool off.

I'm stumped on this one. Maybe the uploader encoded it in a really high bitrate and the CPU/GPU has to work much harder to decode it?

Is there any reason to buy one?

Maybe? I'm not too knowledgeable about bitrate. Can you check the encoding on the videos that heat it up, and the ones that don't?

macOS

I have this. I love it. All I do on it is shitpost and record music though.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 2.17.24 PM.png (648x364, 48K)

Attached: 1550737018015.jpg (989x1005, 189K)

i got issued one at work. i forgot they're not thinkpads and now my screen is trashed because of water damage but it still works. trackpad is great, os not so great, can't utilize all the horses with that chassis but it looks nice and roasties are jealous which can be both a good and a bad thing depending on who you ask.

>He bought?

I got mine right before retina line dropped.
Besides 2 battery replacements, and fixing a cracked hinge minee has been fine
How are thinkpads? I've only really had a Mac so I only know the incompatible .exe troubles.

>How are thinkpads?
they're workhorses that will never fail you. even linux works on them without any issues. in fact i run linux on all my thinkpads.
>I only know the incompatible .exe troubles
not sure what you're referring to but windows distributes programs in exe form, yeah. it's just a different format from .dmg but the idea is the same.

I guess I'm referring to a lot of windows exclusive programs.

Feels good not using an operating system with interjections from a pedophile

2018 15" Pro here.
Leagues better than my T440p I upgraded from.
Keyboard is fairly trash. Touch bar pointless.
And obviously it cost too much.

Had a problem with the battery swelling; clicking on the trackpad because a lot harder. Figured the trackpad had died so switched to using a mouse.

Got the battery replaced; internal mechanisms of the trackpad no longer under stress. Everything works again.

It was the swelling battery all along!
(So might worth reconsidering.)

just install linux on macbook, user

Typed on my classmate's new Mac earlier today and it's been just about the worst keyboard experience I've ever had. Zero travel distance and feels about as bad as typing on a touchscreen. Afterwards I passed my T420 around so machildren could type in their emails for an activity and he went "wow, that's an awesome keyboard." That's right.

Attached: download.jpg (234x215, 9K)

Early 2015 macbook air here. Its great. 0 issues, nothings broke even though I've dropped it a few times (onto carpet of varying softness). In all the years I've owned mac"shit" nothings ever broken or crashed. Don't understand the keyboard complaints either. I assume its autists obsessed with bulky mechanical keyboards. Also I can never use another touchpad. Macbook touchpad is just too smooth.

shut your mouth

Attached: 1565558223307.png (704x708, 260K)

>2017 13" MBP
Love everything about it but the shit keyboard and the meme touchbar.

>macshit

Attached: 1557182868409.png (630x1300, 367K)

2015 13” MBA. all my laptops have been hand me downs from dad and this is no exception. comfy as fuck but I hate being locked in Apple hardware land. macOS is alright, better than Windows by virtue of being an unixlike, and an impeccable GUI, but still not really better than BSD or even Linux

>fell for the $300 meme touch bar
Yikes

Attached: YNF3AP91GSWSD00GC816BKKNTD8X9GW8_0.jpg (512x728, 106K)

I'm thinking about getting the new 2019 macbook pro. I haven't used macOS in a while, is it worth upgrading to 16gb ram?

>it's a mactoddler manchild thinks he or his manchild fruit toys belong on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1541070566789.png (400x1650, 367K)

Saying macs don't belong on Jow Forums is like saying anime doesn't belong on Jow Forums.

xD

Attached: archiverebeccablacktechcom.jpg (1348x2624, 1.58M)

>1 page

woah

>for free

Your fruit shit will never belong on Jow Forums.
Cope more iToddler.

Attached: 1541569865518.gif (871x1099, 454K)

A1342 for $150, OS is High Sierra... Is it worth it? I want a Macbook for schoolwork and drawing, nothing too fancy.

>macshit
>core 2 duo macshit
That heap of shit can't even handle Jow Forums.
A T430 costs the same and is literally 10X as powerful.