Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: sqtchristfag.jpg (850x921, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#sort=-size&r=102400768,128001024,140000900,144000900,160001200,168001050,192001200,204801536,256001600
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will a Windows Recovery Environment disc work if the disc is from a different computer but has the same OS? The only difference between them is that the disc I have is for the Home edition and the one I'm trying to recover is Professional.
It's not a physical disc neither, it's just a user created folder I discovered called

>Partition - Windows Recovery Environment

It has four files in it, two are DVD (which I'm assuming are .isos but the extension is just .001 and .002) and I think the other two are images of the drive (both start with what look like hard drive names and their extensions are .000 and .vc8).

Sounds retarded. Just make an installer. Recoveries are OEM BS.

/sqt/ - Shota's Quality Thighs

What would be the point of using Mint over Ubuntu? Mint seems to get recommended a lot but I don't really see a big difference except it maybe updates less frequently and is a bit more stable because of it.

Can i solder some aluminium/cooper blocks to the cooper pipes to increase a laptop cooling performance?

Attached: crazy_straws.png (330x416, 53K)

Pop OS
It's ubuntu configured usable and more up to date

How to make mpv not play 4k videos from youtube

How can I machine translate a 300MB PDF book to English when all the pages are just scans?

Attached: Confusedlilnigga.png (284x368, 81K)

Is there any reason to use .cbr over .cbz for my repacked doujins I read on my tablet?

Ubuntu has previously screwed the pooch a bit with privacy, and mint always filtered that out. Cinnamon is good, especially if you're used to windows, and ubuntu always defaults to fairly shitty DEs.

machine learning

1. Open mpv(.net)
2. Window is at video resolution, centered on screen
3. Snap to right hand side of screen
4. Fullscreen
5. Exit fulllscreen
6. Window is at video resolution centered on screen

How can I make it so when I exit fullscreen the window stays snapped to the right side?

Clone the repo, modify code to taste, and rebuild it.

Isn't the privacy thing only really an issue with the Unity DE? I was planning on using Xubuntu anyway which seems fine to me.

pacman or Nix?

Brainlet final year CS student here. I am required to do a project piece from inception through to implementation.
I would like to produce something interesting and worthwhile to show future employers instead of some shit video game rip off.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Attached: 90d.gif (329x302, 6K)

No, unless you want to make use of some RAR-specific features. It definitely won't matter size-wise.

Posting in case someone experienced this problem and can help me because google was of no use.
I have a 4690k build. The original mobo I used died on me and since I'm broke as fuck I ordered a new one from the chinks because I couldn't find them brand new neither I wanted to pay for a new build.
Everything is set up on the new mobo, an ASUS Z87-K, but I'm having some weird problems with the RAM sticks, something that never happened to me before.
I'm using 4 x 4GB sticks, both identical, Kingston 1333Mhz. I put them all at first and the computer won't POST but instead it was caught on an endless loop of resets where it tried to boot for 2-3 seconds.
I tried using just one stick (A1) and it worked, tried two (A1, A2) and it works too, same for three sticks (A1, A2, B1), but as soon as I try to use all slots the same problem happens, endless reboots.
I doubt it's the RAM fault because I was using those 4 sticks on another build (previous computer) yesterday and I never had a problem with them.
Any ideas? Could updating the mobo BIOS helps? Did I just get jewed?

UPDATE from last thread: Tried every stick alone in the first slot and they all work fine and the PC boots.

Any help is greatly apreciated.

Attached: 1561695799926.png (600x546, 278K)

Find something on your computer you don't like or something on your computer you really, really like. Try to make something that does what it does, but in some way better.

The amazon thing specifically isn't an issue at all anymore. I just think they've generally shown themselves to be one of the less trustworthy distros.

IIRC Xu is under canonical and uses the same repos.

I guess the way that they've done some shady stuff is kind of worrying, so maybe I will consider using Mint then.

In the VM Mint with Cinnamon was a lot slower than Xubuntu which is one reason I was thinking that I wouldn't use it, I know that's just because it's in a VM but it was a pretty big difference. Guess it probably will be negligible on my actual PC.

You remember to enable virtualization in bios? Other than drive IO pretty much any linux distro should be pretty snappy.

Been almost 10 years since building a PC. I see that filling hard disks with helium is the latest thing. Knowing what I do about helium and its ability to diffuse through stuff, nothing any manufacturer would use to build a 3.5" hard disk will really contain helium indefinitely.

Any good recommendations for new hard disks that don't use helium? I know the helium disks have 5 year warranties or whatever, but I like to keep hard disks longer than that.

As someone who has used both a lot, there are definitely reasons to prefer Mint. It’s main Cinnamon desktop environment is fantastic, and better than Ubuntu’s main gnome environment and most of their flavors. On Ubuntu you can technically install your own Cinnamon DE, but it’s not as good or well put together. With Mint Cinnamon you are getting the best implementation of the Cinnamon environment, it looks great and has an amazing workflow and feels a bit more comfortable if you are used to windows

Not only that, but in some ways, it just seems to work better. My fan usually seem quieter when using Mint and overall it just seems smother. Despite being built on top of Ubuntu, it just seems to feel kind of lighter and better optimized

Also not sure how much you know about each, but the “regular” versions of Ubuntu and Mint (Gnome and Cinnamon) are extremely different in desktop environment and that’s why a lot of people were drawn to mint

Where can I learn Cisco router commands?

They burn the knowledge into your brain with powerful lasers when you receive their certifications.

>have a samsung TV
>it's AllShare
>not SmartTv
>want to watch youtube on it

Any ideas about how to do this?
Could I mirror my laptop there through the network?
The TV is connected with Ethernet to the modem.

Attached: Download-Samsung-Allshare-2.1.0-Build-12031_10-Review.jpg (324x324, 12K)

Is there any service,excluding google maps, that has detailed streeview?
I tried bing but it dosent ever seem to have the address im looking for on their streetview

So I downloaded a copy of macOS Sierra and installed it on a virtual machine on my windows computer so that I can use xcode. Unfortunately I need at least High Sierra to run it. If I upgrade to macOS Mojave from the apple store will I get butfucked legally after I upgrade considering it's a pirated copy?

t. apple noob

Attached: 1467645207120.jpg (894x894, 103K)

I didn't, so yeah it probably won't be a real issue after all.

Well thanks for the info, good to know that Mint is well put together. I'll probably go with that after all.

While I'm asking questions here, does anyone know exactly to go about setting up a dual boot with Windows on one SSD and Linux on a separate SSD+HDD? It's a bit of a weird set up that I don't see anyone else talking about online so I'm not sure how exactly I should handle it. Is it just as simple as just following a normal dual boot installation guide and then following a guide for setting up Linux on SSD and HDD while installing that?

If I wanted to see all laptops that were manufactured with a specific CPU, say the i5-8400H for example, where could I find a complete list?

How the hell do I start making money with bots?

Figure out what is profitable to automate.
Learn to code.
Create bot.
Market bot.
Sell bot.

Is there a way to create a menu tab in KDE plasma that contains all installed apps? You only have tabs for office/system/media/etc but not one for every app on your computer like in literally every other DE.
It's a minor thing but it really annoys me for some reason.

pic related is what I mean on Budgie

Attached: adadasdasda.jpg (580x728, 73K)

You might also want to check out Ubuntu’s other flavors like Xubuntu or Kubuntu, which use more traditional desktop environments.

>Mount iso in Ubuntu
>Completes
>Check it
>Contents: UDF - Not Mounted

No errors came up during, before, or after it was completed. Will this work or have I done something wrong?

whats the best language to write a compiler in?
I know java,python really well.
also how do i do it exactly? Am i literally just passing in a giant-ass string and manipulating it?

If you burn an iso onto a USB it often unmounts itself

ocaml
> Am i literally just passing in a giant-ass string and manipulating it?
the first stage is lexical analysis, which converts the huge string to a list of pairs of lexical classes and substrings
then you parse it to build up a syntax tree

Idk if this is a Linux question or not but why does GRUB load at the normal speed (set to 2 seconds) sometimes but other times it takes like 8 seconds to get to the distro selection menu? Is it ssd related?

openstreetcam

They dont have streetview and are missing like 20 zoom levels from bing and like 50 zoom levels from google

I've found programs to link pages together into a vertical webcomic program, but is there a viewer that does that automatically? Cause I got a bunch of archived comics that are vertical scroll format, but they are separated into traditional pages and the cut offs / seams are placed really badly. I used Honeyview but it doesn't seem to have that option.

So it won't work? When I look at the .iso where I have it saved it's just a normal .iso file, but when I look at it on the USB I've just made I can see all of the files and folders within the .iso.

I don't have an answer to your question but

>Idk if this is a Linux question or not
GRUB runs on BIOS or UEFI, not on an OS.

What's the best way to run android on windows machine?
Other than installing Android SDK?

Attached: GogatsuUsagi-Cosplay-Photos-10.jpg (972x1500, 258K)

OK thanks for clarifying

whats the name of that package that when you press an key combo it shows a windows with all the strings stored to the clipboard and then you can select them and it will paste?

saw a video some time ago and the guy was using it and it was really cool

Mint ships with XFCE too. You should give it a try.

1. install gentoo
2. anbox or dual boot android x86

best windows player with a nice album view and lastfm integration

it looks like it worked. when you restart the computer, and if you have the boot order set to load the USB first, it should load into the new OS and try to install

Do you happen to know if its the newest version of XFCE? Xubuntu causes screen tearing for me apparently because its still a rather old version of XFCE that doesnt have new improvements

Try putting in 3 sticks of ram, but changing which slot is the empty slot.

If you always manage to boot: then your mobo has 4 working slots but has problems when using them all at once.
Otherwise: You have a dead slot.

Currently Mint uses XFCE 4.12, but I think it uses Compton to get rid of screen tearing.

So as expected, there's really nothing I can do about.
Just in case checked and MOBO is using the latest BIOS.

Time to sell the working parts and get a new rig I guess.

I've not heard individuals getting buttfucked over that, so it's worth a try?

Also, why not a fresh install?
(Eg: Time Machine backup; Download/Install Mojave; Restore accounts from backup.)

>SSD+HDD
I'm going to assume you're referring to two drives there, and not a hybrid unit, which are terrible. You just make sure windows is installed to the first SSD, then install linux to the second, then formatt the HDD from within linux. Grub should detect windows and add it as a boot option.

What can I do with extra HDDs I have laying around?
One has "Error Disk Failure is Imminent" and the other doesn't show up at all, but still gets hot.

trow them out.

how are you even considering storing ANY kind of data on a broken HDD?

Open them up and pretend they are tiny turntables.
Maybe dress up a little toy frog as a dj to sit beside it.

Does something like this exist?

Attached: 1569003183415.jpg (1024x729, 82K)

wouldn't that just be 4:3

it's called 4:3

Attached: 1370190596552.jpg (2576x1920, 911K)

Slightly begger but yes, All 4:3 monitors I see are small

If I want an OS installed on a USB to work with UEFI & BIOS computers would I install it as GPT or MBR?

4:3 is just the ratio of the number of horizontal and verticle pixels, describing it as 16:12 doesn't mean more pixels. They're small because no one uses 4:3 anymore.

I'll sell you a 160:120 monitor, but it won't come cheap.

Is it not technically 5:4, I hear CRT or TVs were 4:3 but lcd was 5:4

There's not really an option that won't make some configurations bitch at you.

LCD is almost all TVs.

Can I trust virustotal results for a given apk? Assuming it's a negative result, is the apk safe to install?

What are the advantages of using a dedicated gpu instead of an integrated one for an internet browser?

Attached: 1550150112862.jpg (416x503, 23K)

Make a UEFI/MBR hybrid?

16:10 looks to be the best you can do if you're after a big monitor.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#sort=-size&r=102400768,128001024,140000900,144000900,160001200,168001050,192001200,204801536,256001600

Hardware acceleration I guess

i thought xubuntu did that too

If youtube videos are the heaviest things you graphically do on the web, then integrated graphics are fine?
(I'm using a machine with integrated graphics from 2012 right now.)

>Also, why not a fresh install?
>(Eg: Time Machine backup; Download/Install Mojave; Restore accounts from backup.)

Not sure what you mean by this. i just did a fresh install of sierra since it was the only one I could find with a proper windows virtualbox tutorial. Also did not know where to find an iso

Nah, scanning an APK is insufficient. Just use trustworthy stores, and let google do its automatic scans for anything from other stores.

Are “electronic typewriters” / word processors comfy for botnet-free typing?
I am looking at an alphasmart neo2 for around $30 because they look bloat free and have a rated battery life of 700 hours.

do modern 4k tvs support chroma 4:4:4?

I don't know why it annoys me that you post this over and over.

and it annoys me when noone bothers to answer the question even though a simple yes or no would do so we're even

It's not yes or no though. It would depend on the HDMI standard used by your TV and the connected device, the refresh rate/rez you're trying to use, and whether you're trying to display HDR. 4k 60 on its own is pretty high bandwith, so combining that with 4:4:4 is more than a lot of shit can do.

It's from the google store, but I know for a fact it's effectively a reskinned pirated version of a paid app

I'm concerned primarily with using it a monitor. I'm downsizing so I'm hooking everything to a single screen. Everything else I can research with greater success

I'm trying to learn Adobe Premiere but I feel like such an idiot. How can I:
>take a source video
>select a start frame and end frame
>get rid of the rest of the video outside the selection
>and finally export it without re-encoding it or losing quality or w/e (I know it technically is encoding it but is there a way to do this losslessly?)
Thx

Attached: dumbdinosaur.jpg (960x540, 159K)

If you got it from Play then that's about as good as it gets as far as trustworthyness. Google requires them to submit source for scanning. Not that there hasn't been some level of malware in the past, but short of limiting yourself to top 20 shit there's not much more you can do.

That should be fine. Main annoyance with monitors as screens is the lack of auto wake, and latency if it's and older tv.

This is really fucking stupid, but Im installing Debian (using an iso that was preloaded with firmware), in cinnamon, and I don't see a terminal....is this normal? Like when I go into files and right click "open in terminal" nothing pops up. How can I tell for sure if I have a terminal?

So I should be able to get sharp screen text in word processing through a tv then? Thanks.

Yeah, that's not a problem.

>Also did not know where to find an iso
You can download an installer for macos from the app store for free.
You need to create an account to do, but I don't think it needs any real details in it.
Once the installer has downloaded, you can do what you want with it. Run it, copy it, whatever.

>Time Machine backup; Download/Install Mojave; Restore accounts from backup.
When you've bought a new mac, and you want to migrate all your to it from your old mac...

One way is to:
- hook up the old mac to the new mac and run Migration Assistant on the new mac... it'll copy over everything from the old mac.

The other way is to:
- backup your old mac (the facility is called Time Machine)
- go to your new machine and use Migration Assistant to restore your data from the backup.

I just mentioned this method of keeping your data because I thought you might create a new VM using mojave and then wonder how to get your data across.

That just means that there's either no or a wrong command specified to open the default terminal.
Open the start menu and search for your terminal emulator. There should also be a menu to change default applications.

Thanks, I’ll try it when my computer reboots

How would I go about "phishing" a password on one of my routers (with unsecured http)? Pic related.

I'm downloading wireshark atm see if I can see anything.

Background: My ISP won't let me have the password to my landline phone meaning I can't change their shitty router to a better one without losing the landline.

Attached: telephony.jpg (1914x757, 126K)

found it. the terminal is just called "xterm" so it didnt show up when i searched terminal. looking in default applications helped me find it. thanks!