Anyone else still using a PS2 keyboard and mouse?

Anyone else still using a PS2 keyboard and mouse?

Attached: Top-Longer-USB-Male-to-PS2-Female-Converter-Cable-Cord-Converter-Active-Adapter-PS2-Keyboard-Mouse-C (1100x1100, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-09/BARISANI/BHUSA09-Barisani-Keystrokes-SLIDES.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no cause it's boomertech. Anyone still use a scsi or game com port? Hell naw

scsi drives are more reliable

Scsi is a port and unrelated to the reliability of the hardware itself

Hahaha holy fuck why would you use that ancient shit?

Attached: Screenshot_20190920-102718.png (2048x1821, 600K)

SCSI/SAS4 is 22.5Gbps
Kys tard

Actually, scsi drives have no on board controller, the computer does all the work, so there is less that can go wrong with them.

I cringe at the act of using USB mice on computers that have USB ports
Then putting USB to PS/2 converters on them
It's like, what's the point? You're literally running the mouse at 20hz, what good is that for mission critical apps like mspaint?

keyboard yes, mouse no

moving the controller doesn't make it any more reliable. It can still fry

Yes it does, and I never said they were immune to failure, just less likely to fail than IDE/SATA.

Yeah, my granpa why?

Found the goyish consumer

Just buy an enterprise grade hard drive if reliability is what you care about

Attached: IMG_20190920_184214.jpg (4160x3120, 1.51M)

Doesn't invalidate my point though

Yes, PS2 keyboard that is almost 20 years old that is actually was quite cheap back then yet good and very classic (Mitsumi classic with metal back). New keyboards are horseshit crap or very expensive.

Your point wasn't valid to begin with. Moving the controller out of the hard drive then saying "the hard drive is more reliable" isn't valid because that controller is just as vulnerable

anyone got this pic in higher resolution?

Attached: 1538599157491.png (908x444, 80K)

I'm using ps2 keyboard. Why would you use usb keyboards besides gimmicks?

Keyboard yes, USB mouse.

The controller being "just as vulnerable" is precisely why moving it out of the hard drive makes it more reliable.

>less parts that are likely break does not make thing less likely to break
you are an idiot m8.
When controller in hdd breaks you lost hdd unless you can replace controller.
If thing that was acting as controller but is not part of hdd breaks... your hdd is still perfectly functional.

Is ps/2 limited to 20hz polling rate?

Yeah, still using a PS2 keyboard. I had to change some registry setting using the on-screen keyboard to get it to work in Windows 10 though.

Technically what's the difference between politely asking the CPU versus interrupting it? Isn't it an ISR either way?

Amphetamines?

Like a few others said, I have a PS/2 keyboard just because I've been using the same one for 15+ years

>scsi
SAS is very popular on servers.
>game com port
You're conflating serial ports which are typically on the motherboard and are still commonly used to configure network equipment or talk to industrial control systems, with game/joystick ports which are found on sound cards and are all but forgotten.

Use a 26 year old ibm model m at work and its aids desu. Fell for the Jow Forums meme

you can do PCB swaps on hard drives just the same. It's not common because they don't usually break

I said scsi, not SAS. They're clearly different

>serial attached scsi

I use an old dell server keyboard with a trackball integrated and a dell mouse

>It's exactly the same!

Yandex wasn't able to find it, so I decided to remake it from scratch.
Enjoy user.

Attached: ps2.png (2209x1080, 141K)

Using a Model M13

Attached: BoomerAscended.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>I had to change some registry setting using the on-screen keyboard to get it to work in Windows 10 though.
The absolute state of Windows 10, why does anyone use that trash?

I used to build computer, and worked with SAS drives all the time. SAS controller are a bitch, because if one backpane connector failed, we had to undo everything to get it out and replace it. Where as with SATA, you would just have to replace the drive, and possibly lose the data.

>Attack 1: Power Line Leakage detection against wired PS/2 keyboards
blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-09/BARISANI/BHUSA09-Barisani-Keystrokes-SLIDES.pdf

Attached: 1493730319866.gif (540x304, 537K)

I was using one of those until some months ago, when replaced it with a memechanical kb.

Attached: HP_D_NQ_NP.jpg (1200x900, 265K)

good and shit at the same time, saved

Estoy usando el mismo teclado exactamente. No vale verga.

>español
sitio norteamericano de anime

One of my kbs is a nice Model M. I use it if I'm in the mood.

Chúpala, puto

Any way to add ps2 to a modern system other than using a usb dongle?
Like a pcie add on card or serial?
I'm looking to get one of the asrock epyc boards but I don't want to part with my trusty ps2 keyboard.
It's worked non-stop for over 20 years now.

Still? More like again. All my newer shit broke so now I'm on Playstation 2 again. What was so bad about ball mice again? This guy's pretty good even after 20 years (probably 11 years of use). I'll just assume that they're more expensive to produce than single electronics board + optical lens mice.

>shit
Why?

cope

I use ps2 keyboard for n-key rollover and faster input response.

Is there an advantage to ps2 mouse?

It has n-axis bypass and quantum interference loop and other buzzwords that you can find semi-plausible reason to attribute erroneously attribute to your anachronistic input medium.

Yes, for the latency.

I play frets-on-fire, a guitar hero remake for pc that uses the keyboard. N-key rollover is very relevant to me and my use case.

Still using a Dell AT101W keyboard

USB shills really out tonight.

>boomer