/iemg/ - In-ear monitor general

How to request advice:
>Budget
>Source
>Location
>IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds
>Sound Signature(or genres you like)
>Past Gear and your thoughts on them

Attached: 3fb2f-dsc_0126.jpg (1158x777, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

headfonics.com/2019/07/beyerdynamic-xelento-wireless-first-contact/
player.ru/showthread.php?t=201276&page=268
aliexpress.com/item/32828096748.html
aliexpress.com/item/32814067279.html
aliexpress.com/item/32931930272.html
aliexpress.com/item/4000109264967.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.5da339cehxt1vM
drop.com/buy/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I find that I only use my IEMs while walking outside, as inside i have to take them out to hear people constantly and it gets annoying.
that plus driving most places (out of necessity) and i don't use them anywhere near as much as i used to.

Waiting on my KZ ZS10 Pros and a 16 core cable.
Tin T2s are going to become my work IEMs

>16 core cable.
W2c
I like my KZ sz10 pros, but the cables are not optimal. Got some foam eartips, they're alright too.

>apparently the occlusion effect might be even worse.
That is fit dependent. Insert the tip to the second bend. For custom molds, this may be done by request.

KZ ZSE, ZSN, ZS10
Which one and why?

just got some 1more iems and they're as bassy a 5 dollar iem's you get from the queue line of a retail store
thanks tyll

Anyone got a reccomendation for a cable for the SZ10 pro? Don't know which one to buy.

I have pic related Sony mdr-ex650apt and they sound pretty good for my uneducated ears.
Are the tin t2 or t3 any better? I've heard good things about them and they're not too expensive.

Attached: sony.jpg (1080x1085, 69K)

Any recommendations for dual driver wireless earphones?

Ali

60€
RedmiNote7
EU
IEM
Basshead
Kz zst (great)

I was thinking about KZ AS10 or tin t3

Some guy suggested that we merge /iemg/ and /pmp/ under portable audio general . that would help keeping both generals up what do you guys think?

>ZSE
literal toy that they give out on promos
>ZSN
babbys first iem cheap sturdy good lookin disposable with good sound for the price
>ZS10
A monstrosity that was rushed to get on the driver count craze faster. Huge ugly and sounds like shit

they all suck ass
inb4
>muh kz
T3 is not a basshead in ear. AS10 is one of the few cheap BAs that can deliver DD bass. Its phase fuckery may make it sound like shit with edm.

thought about kzs6?
my kzs5 got dunked in hot tea overnight and i might consider a upgrade

i mostly play games and listen to euroshit and techno with them.

shit. Budget ?

something like 30 usd tbqh

KZ ZS10 PRO my dude.

5 usd more that i expected
4dba sounds interesting and the internal speaker is a 10mm one, i think im gonna pull the trigger next week or so

My Revonext QT2 are ticking along nicely after a year. I want to upgrade but im afraid i will miss the SUBNIGGBASS. These crank incredibly hard.

Attached: IMG_8777.jpg (2448x3264, 2.22M)

I don't have this particular one, but some of the MDR-EX series sounds way better than it should for the price.

just buy xelentos then

>Bass
>The low-end is more of an L-shaped tuning with a linear but gentle drop from 40-50Hz down to almost 1k. Having said that, it is not a huge sub-bass powerhouse, at least that is what I am hearing right now.
>$999
headfonics.com/2019/07/beyerdynamic-xelento-wireless-first-contact/

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.. Nope

>Headfonics
every time you post its absolutely abhorrent

Attached: graph(1).png (2000x865, 216K)

I like this idea, not that I am the most frequent poster. Now if we could get everyone else looking for an IEM thread on board, that would be great.

Aussies can get Sony IEMs for pretty cheap. The IER-M7 for $549 Aussiesbucks (rest of the world are paying around $300 more) are pretty decent. The entire IER line is quite underrated.

that seems like a pretty abhorrent FR too

Stop. You are giving me a stroke.

Does a remote/mic on a cable make the audio quality worse. I remember hearing that it does on a review and didn't know if it was true or not

Yes we /pag/ now. Just keep /iemg/ and /pmp/ in the title for a while and the transition should be smooth

If the cable is of very cheap quality maybe yeah you'll get dinner interference and noise from the mic.

Bow before your overlords

Attached: file.png (640x640, 471K)

>paying over $100 for a shitty 1DD

cringe bro

Help me choose between:
-Audiosense t800
-Fearless s8pro
-Moondrop a8
Which one should I cope and why?

>dinner interference
My mic cable has never tried to steal my food. It hasn't inserted noise either, even plugged into normal TRS jacks. I think the issue is if a jack's ground terminal makes contact with the mic part of the plug instead of the ground part. There are two wirings of TRRS with mic: OMTP for mostly older devices, and CTIA for pretty much everything today. Fortunately CTIA puts the ground where most TRS jacks touch for ground.

If your setup puts ground to mic, you get quiet audio and hear the mic through your earphones overlaid on the audio. Holding down the button will fix it but in a stupid way.

Shozy BG all the way

Generally Yes. In my experience mic cables are just a bunch of enameled wires mashed together. My stock revo next was shockling bad and muddied the sound.

Non-Mic cables generally used discrete twisted pairs that insulate the L R in the braid and are better for it.

If you absolutely need a mic just go Bluetooth. Having my Phone and Laptop audio connected at once is pretty bad ass and rarely talked about.

Really? Did you tried them all? What is your source and music taste?
I need sub bass...

Look at this and tell me what you think

Attached: o.png (1841x885, 154K)

No to T800. That was just the shill of the month. I tried S8F, not S8Pro but at least those sounded quite decent. Haven't tried the Moondrop A8.

Anyone have the Creative Outlier Air? Seem to be well-priced and reviews are generally good. I'd want something nice for running, the cables start to annoy me.

> merge
> that would help keeping both generals up
Meh... they are both pretty active and persistent Jow Forums is just a busy board.

> Yes we /pag/ now
> pag
> fag

(Y)ou sound like a fag and your shit is retarded /iemg/ always welcomed DAP discussion and some autists just had to create their own gen just to shill their shitty decade old ipods and anime rockbox backgrounds. GOODRIDDANCE.

friendly reminder /iemg/ was created explicitly due to the staxposting on /hpg/ and chi-fi discussion getting a bit too busy for /csg/ ...

Attached: t2-design-3-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.42M)

Bros, how can I read graphs?

or you could just buy 2 x $6 dollar BT MMCX cables roll your own and just charge and rotate them so you never ever run out of battery and live happily ever after.....

Attached: IMG_7623.jpg (3264x2448, 941K)

Looks pretty good.. wow.
Why it is not hyped?
Looks quite safe sounding and balanced, no weird tricks or whatsoever.

What if I told you that Shozy BG is also overpriced, and THE EXACT SAME iems are sold on Aliexpress as Yinyoo H5, NiceHCK HC5 and Magaosi K5 which are $130?

How much are the ear pieces then?

Why are you acting so defensive
but I thought it was just rumours... Did you tried yourself or got graphs to prove it?

Here's a comparison between Shozy BG and Yinyoo H5 FR graph, decide for yourself. They also look identical and have the same exact specs. Source:
player.ru/showthread.php?t=201276&page=268

Yinyoo is banned for discussion on Head Fi so there's little information on it.

Attached: w.png (1855x625, 297K)

Thanks user, very very nice.
I will look into it more.

Which one did you bought?

Reminds me of blon blo-03 that has the same driver of oxygen for 1/10th of the price.

But do any of Shozy BG, Yinyoo H5 or Andromeda Gold sound very good? The graphs for all of them look very similar and oddly spiky.

I bought Yinyoo because it was the cheapest of the three. I don't have many points of reference to compare the sound but I'd say it has a neutral a tad brightish tuning, never once I felt bass was lacking or treble was grating/too rolled off too, so here's that. It's vastly superior to 4 1-2 ba iems I had before.

Well that's because once again your opinion is absolutely worthless. The xelentos basically follow "the flagship target" with a bass boost. I also find surprising the fact that you would find this graph bad considering the insult to god that is the revonexts graph.

Because he's a fucking faggot aussie.
Wtf are you talking about. Iemg is up like 2 days a fucking week when the other generals are constantly up.

A driver is just a driver. This is not the headphone world. housing has gargantuan effects on sound and tuning is much less driver based and relies on dampning techniques and chambers.

Thank you so much.. now I am looking at the k6 that seems to be a straight improved version of the k5. Did you tried this one?

So happy to find actually interesting rec on this thread. Doesn't happen often

Yes, it's the same model as Yinyoo HQ6, it has two Knowless 22955 instead of one. I've seen more mixed reviews on it, people mentioning highs not as airy, the shell is bigger, clunkier and is hollow instead of acrylic, which can be dodgy from longevity perspective. Haven't personally tried it myself though, so dunno, ostensibly two bass drivers should be better than one, but H5 has a pretty big shell so I wouldn't want to take a plunge in comfortability.

aliexpress.com/item/32828096748.html
+
aliexpress.com/item/32814067279.html

$36 all up .. and you dont need 2 earpieces. I have actually been connecting / disconnecting the MMCX swapping cables all year just prove the connector can do it. No surprise It seems to be much more durable to repeated insertions than the FUD some annons were spreading here.

Attached: IMG_0840.jpg (2048x1536, 911K)

>"the flagship target"
please tell me more about the "the flagship target"

/iemg/ just suffers from people actually getting good recs and good sound... im incredibly happy with what i have got and barely spend time here anymore.

Attached: IMG_7876.jpg (3264x2448, 1.93M)

Are you super rich or do you know rich people, that is some pricey fuckin brissy real estate mate.

My money is on it being some boardwalk type place, a restaurant or a boat.

No restaurants there, not a boat or the riverwalk because of the giant rock. Also unless they've changed the fence type, wrong kind of fence for the riverwalk

why do you call eraphones monitors lmao what de fug :DDD

Man, when did the chinks take over the game? Just bought the ZSX, they sound good but I'm annoyed that they're so huge they can cause discomfort. I guess for the price it's worth it

When they realised that people who buy iems want some sort of audio quality. They then realised that providing pretty to very good audio quality doesn't cost them as much as shure or others would have you believe, so they make stuff thats 90% as good for 10% of the price and sell it for 20% of the price.

Can anyone reccomend a good 2 pin iem cable? I don't know if I can trust the cheap ones off of aliexpress and want a cable that has some level of quality

lel its riverwalk and yes i ride my bike and listen to DSD at the same time ;)

Attached: IMG_7884.jpg (3264x2448, 2.38M)

it was precisely when bellsong figured out how to design and mass produce balanced armatures with slave labour and massively undercut Knowles

TRN is both cheap and good. My 2.5mm Balanced 2pin has lasted a good year so far :)

aliexpress.com/item/32931930272.html

>2 pin mmcx cable
Are you going to use this to connect your full size IEM headphones to your Macintosh PC to play FLAC MP3s stored on your spinning SSD?

aliexpress.com/item/4000109264967.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.5da339cehxt1vM

These seem pretty decent for the price.

Based zishan triggering Jow Forums as well as /n/

Earphone is more of a catch-all term for small speakers you stick on your ears. There are a few different sorts of thing within it: Earbuds, which sit just outside your ear canal, don't form any real seal, and mostly sound awful; Apple white earphones that come with iPhones or AirPods for example. Then there's in-ears that you jam into your ear canal to form a seal and get better sound. It's arguable whether IEM and in-ear are synonymous, or if the terrible sounding ones you get at Walmart for $4 can be called the same class of product as say, Andromedas. And then small, light, over-the-ear or "sport clip" type headphones are often called earphones too.

>it was precisely when bellsong figured out how to design and mass produce balanced armatures with slave labour and massively undercut Knowles

Isn't there a lawsuit with Knowles claiming Bellsing is just copying their designs?

I remember when Bellsing was pretty much considered shit and now it's being used in the Solaris.

I'm okay with it. It would be nice for us portable fags to have a proper discussion channel now that /hpg/ went to shit.

Attached: 69649247_710523316063520_2969764379588820992_o.jpg (1440x2015, 252K)

drop.com/buy/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem

Tempted. This is a cult favourite like the EX1000 so I'm curious how they sound like.

Attached: IMG_2592-2.jpg (4757x3171, 1.4M)

>now that /hpg/ went to shit.
dont fool yourself /hpg/ has been shi for years...

>imagine buying an expensive hifi that only you can hear and is not portable enough to take out out of the house ....

does the cable really improve audio quality or is this some le audiophile meme?

> >Budget
~$50
> >Source
Integrated
> >Location
Europe
> >IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds
IEM
> >Sound Signature(or genres you like)
Flat/warm. Rock, punk, noise, jazz, classical, metal, electronic
> >Past Gear and your thoughts on them
Sennheiser CX 300S. Why the fuck are they so bright? Every bloody review says "overwhelming bass" and "smoothed highs" and bullshit audiophile phrases. Every "s" sound sounds stupidly harsh and yeah, I know about inner ear resonance but come the fuck on.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 83K)

Xelento treble lul. Graph says as much too

I hate that form factor. Reminds of me of the Xiaomi earphones I used to use

Bellsing "undercuts" Knowles because they had zero R&D costs to recoup. Knowles designed most of the today's BAs AND the manufacturing processes for them, all for what I assume would be a pretty big chunk of change. Bellsing just took everything for themselves, no slave labour or additional costs involved. Just classic Chinese bootlegging.

Anyone in the DIY IEM community would tell you that anyone worth their salt is fully aware about Bellsing's shady practices. They don't even hide it since all of their model naming conventions mirror that of Knowles so that their buyers know what models are clones of what (22955, 29689 for example).

There is no chance in hell that Campfire is unaware of this as well. They are a shit company banking on their American heritage to bamboozle every single one of you nationalist niggers with cheap Chinese components.

I recently bought a Fiio m5, I have borrowed a Shanling m0 to compare it to.
Honestly, the only things the Fiio has over the Shanling is that it sounds a bit fuller, a bit more open, it has a slightly bigger soundstage, has slightly better detail retrieval in the mids, and has 2 microphones which supposedly should help cancel out noise when connected to your phone when you call with it, but I haven't been able to get that to work yet.
The Shanling has given me a lot less problems while using it (hopefully this can be improved with firmware updates) and the treble is a lot better than the shanling which is just a tiny bit too dark most of the time imo.
I've also used both as a usb dac and the Fiio isn't quite as fluid, it takes more time for it to connect and takes a while to load before it plays a song.
Another problem I've had with the Fiio is that not all albums show up in the correct order, which I've only had happen once on the Shanling.
Also when I try to update the media library it freezes up the device, the only time this didn't happen was the first time I updated the library.

I tried both dap's with the KZ AS06, Tin T2, BGVP DMG, and KZ ZSN.
TD;DR, in my opinion unless you heard both the Fiio m5 and Shanling m0 and really like the sound of the Fiio m5 or you require the dual microphones on the Fiiio m5, go with the Shanling m0.

Some lad made an agglomerated target from all the top rated flagships. They all sound very similar in treble and mids. If you look in the archive I'm sure you'll find it.

Kek KZ doesn't even use bellsing even these are too expensive for them. They likely are B grades.

A namefag can not be based ever.
Final e3000
So what ? The only issue here is the methods they went through to get their information. You can reverse engineer the issue is that they resorted to spying. Everybody knew that they were clones not that they stole trade secrets Bellsing did copy them well after all and you would be a fool not to use their products if you were aiming for budget devices. CFA is still a bunch a Jews tho.

Nicehck b40
Received them today.
They sound like mini monitor speakers. Neutral and transparent. Very lean, excellent layering and depth although the soundstage is really narrow which is weird for earbuds, feel like in a corridor. The bass goes as low as 20hrz !!
We'll see over time if they are fatiguing or claustrophobic..
Still, I can't deny I am really really impressed for the $10 they are asked for. I have a bunch of earbuds up to $300 and I feel dumb spending all that money

Attached: IMG_20190921_160342.jpg (3120x4160, 603K)

€50
Moto G5s
EU
IEM
Warm & bassy. Rock, noise, electronic, folk, pop
Sony MDR-1A, I like it, but could use a bit more treble

for me, it's still the kanas pros

Attached: hiby k3 yinyoo kanas pro pink floyd shine on.jpg (1200x1334, 301K)

At least with my SE846s, copper vs pure monocrystaline silver makes a small but noticeable difference.

it's okay for old recordings such as PF because of muddiness of DD, but for something contemporary pure BA is the way to go

i do not agree, modern stuff (especially thumpy music with women singers) sounds divine

Attached: hibyr3 kanas pro elsiane vertigone.jpg (1600x1200, 558K)

that being said, i am willing to try a BA, what would you recommend at $100-200 range?

Just realized my wired IEMs are detachable (KZ ZS5, sounds great, only rivaled by my JBL headphones)
Are there any good BT wires/thingamajigs that I can use my ZS5s with?

Budget: I have a job
Source: muh iPhone
Genre: with instruments (Rock, Classic Rock, Jazz, Tool etc...)

Are yinyoo cables any good?

If you like thumping bass and are in the $200 max range, you want DD or hybrid. You really need a DD in there to get strong bass short of something like SE846 - and even so that's more of a textured, detailed bass than raw thump.

i dont like thumping bass, i was saying thumpy music like what i posted and others actually sound good on the KPE without being the emphasis, while keeping the details on the high end

What are the best wireless iem's that are under $100?

both pairs of mpow flames I've got refuse to charge so I'm looking to get something better

Tin T3 plus that $6 MMCX Bluetooth cable?