HAHAHHAAHA AMD RETARDS BTFO HARD

>AMD POO CANT KEEP SOLID ENOUGH TO LAUNCH 3950X EVEN IN SEPTEMBER LIKE AMD PROMISED

anandtech.com/show/14895/amd-next-gen-threadripper-and-ryzen-9-3950x-coming-november
tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-delay-launch-third-gen-threadripper,40442.html

AMD ABSOLUTELY BTFO

Attached: hahahaha.png (845x791, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/zmbcCL
pcpartpicker.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hardware is delayed
Oh no, that's never happened before

that sucks, but the 3900x is beating the entire HEDT lineup from Intel anyways

There's a high demand for 7nm

god fucking damn it

>November

woah, it's over

Are they going to kill off zen 2 7nm quickly? 7nm+ is cheaper and easier to fab from what I understand. Will they bother to order more 7nm or just skip to zen3 or whatever was planned for 7nm+.

>Are they going to kill off zen 2 7nm quickly?
probably yes. next year will be ddr5, pcie5, and the first year amd can move past am4 since their "2020" promise. zen 3 can be a new socket since technically zen 2 will be around for most of 2020 and the most recent release.

Fuck ya'll
I'm just getting an i9 9900KS at this point

>probably yes. next year will be ddr5, pcie5, and the first year amd can move past am4 since their "2020" promise. zen 3 can be a new socket since technically zen 2 will be around for most of 2020 and the most recent release.
What about threadripper? Seems semi pointless to launch it unless the boards are compatible with zen 3. I assume they have practically sold every 7nm zen chip they could make, it's hard to imagine them finding more for thread ripper.

workstation chips got delayed, so now you're going to buy a binned 8 core 9900K gaming cpu?

I have no idea, we probably won't really know what their plan is until we get some concrete details on the new threadripper
the fact that they're splitting it into at least two different motherboard styles means we might be looking at something already quite different from the old threadripper socket but again I have no idea I'm just a smoothbrain

AMD bins their CPUs where the higher end gets higher potential clocks no matter the core count
a 3950X should have the potential for higher clocks than a 3900X
1st gen TR was much like this, it clocked higher than the desktop parts

10nm in 2015

OH NO, INTEL'S BANKRUPTCY IS DELAYED BY ONE MONTH

FUCK BROS IT'S OVER

NOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

NOT FAIR THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If you actually need a 3950x you probably already bought a 3900x because the cost of waiting was higher than the cost of getting a 12 core beast of a CPU. The price difference + loss on selling your used 3900x is far less than the cost of trying to work with out dated hardware.

There are a number of scenarios to consider..
The only one that matters is if am I able to get a product I want at the price I want and the answer is : Yes. So, this headline doesn't matter.

3950x is $800. I can get a 16 core threadripper for half as much and already own one.. make that two. Nobody is computer-less waiting for a 3950x. So there is no consequence here.

The only thing that is desired is core count increase. Power usage drops are a good thing but wont be drastic between 7nm/7nm+. So, there's nothing big to wait for.
ddr5 isn't coming to desktop in the next iteration nor is pcie5. You're dreaming.
I am only interested in Zen (1st gen socket compatible releases). If I have to switch to a new socket that will only be for non-socket features like ddr5/pcie5 or some new technology. I know this and AMD does as well. None of this shit is coming in 2020.

they will get way more from selling ryzen 5 and 7, it makes sense they're delaying the cpu that's gonna be bought by like 200 people

>Nobody is computer-less waiting for a 3950x
I am. I moved countries this spring, sold my desktop because it was too expensive to move, and expected to buy zen 2. then summer came and the 3950x didn't launch like it was supposed to. so they said september and I waited. now I have to wait another 2 months minimum assuming I can get one at launch which is unlikely. I'm using an extremely outdated laptop and have to do all my real work at my university lab instead of at home.

they have all the time in the world given they have absolutely no competition on this segment.

>Nobody is computer-less waiting for a 3950x.
Me right here.
Got everything but the CPU.
Was waiting for 3c50x.
Fuck.

What about threadripper? It uses the same socket as EPYC/ROME. They are backwards compatible.
Threadripper/3950x/ROME are specific high tier bins... which is why the delay existed. Most people are full of shit clearly.. also poorfags who are not consumers of these chips yet want to run their mouths about it.
This was already announced. There's going to be 4 channel DDR4 boards like what exists now and there will be higher tier 8 channel DDR4 boards more similar to ROME. I'm assuming that's where the core-count will go above 32 cores. The 4 channel boards will likely top out at 32 core which is where I'll be limiting my upgrade (backwards compatible). Makes sense for everyone involved and for performance balancing as you'd imagine. You can't really feed that 32+ cores on 4 channels properly.

Correct..
> If you needed a 3950x (16 core) you probably already owned a 1950x (16 core) for 2+ years.

It's funny how brokefags with no intention on buying a product screech the loudest about these non-event headlines

either a poor troll or incel retards are truely getting desperate

This. Blame Apple.

>Threadripper
Uhm, yeah? So?
Sorry sweaty but barely anyone here even needs a CPU this poweful.

Attached: 1566935872936.jpg (776x774, 121K)

Good that means my 3900x is more valuable

Guess I'm buying 3900x.
Fucking AMD.

>I am. I moved countries this spring, sold my desktop because it was too expensive to move,
In other words, you're a poor-fag whose barely scraping buy. You can literally shove the mobo/cpu and components in checked luggage faggot for the space that a couple of shirts take up. If you're so poor that you had to sell some shitty desktop before you moved, you are 0.1% of the types of people who will be buying a $800 processor. Likely have no fucking need for it on top of that.
> and expected to buy zen 2
So buy it you broke fag or run a $100 1700 until you can find enough pennies to get what you need.
> then summer came and the 3950x didn't launch like it was supposed to
So your poor ass is w/o a computer? How are you making this post?
> then summer came and the 3950x didn't launch like it was supposed to. so they said September and I waited.
It was always sept faggot. We are at the end of September which means November is literally a month away.
> Now I have to wait another 2 months minimum assuming I can get one at launch which is unlikely
2 months would be December smooth brain.
> I'm using an extremely outdated laptop and have to do all my real work at my university lab
Such is life for a poorfag. This is why they have such labs. Write your fucking code on your laptop and take your sorry anti-social ass to the lab when you need to run sims.Also, if you aren't at a trash tier uni, you should have ssh access to the lab's back-end.
> instead of at home.
My uni as well as many have ssh access to linux compute clusters.
In any event, you're a poorfag who shouldn't be buying a $800 computer and should learn how to use university resources better in leu of your financial problem.

run a $100 1700 and call it a day.
Resell it and lose $20.
^this.. probably both

Which neither of you fags will be buying.

>1700
Is X570 even compatible with first gen Ryzens?
I'll probably just cut my losses and get 3900X.

Why?
Got the rest of my system already.
Picrel.

Attached: 2019-09-20-21:03:03-screenshot.png (840x1792, 351K)

I have it installed retard

Ohmigod ohmigod ohmifuckinggod this is perfect time for intel to hit with 10nm secrit sauce right?
AMD it's official, you are rekt forevur

Attached: literal shithead.jpg (207x243, 9K)

damn I didn't expect such a seething post. no I'm not poor, I was born wealthy in fact, with a 7 figure trust fund net worth the second I was born. and have a very comfortable 6 figure income in a mixed industry research position. I sold my computer because moving it didn't make much sense when I was ready to upgrade anyways, the cost of moving it didn't make any sense at all.
lol @ your entire post. I can't believe you got this mad over me selling my computer and waiting to buy zen 2. I guess not wanting to waste money is a bit too high minded for you.

> 789 euros for fucking ram..
I got 128GB for less than that.
> 752 euros for a fucking desktop mobo...
Jesus christ I got my threadripper mobo for $280
> 20 euros each for fucking case fans
$180 for fucking case fans.. LMFAO what the actual fuck. I bought a 5 pack for $20.

$4000 fucking dollars for a gaymen PC
LMFAO

The fucking state of intcels these days, bless them

Don't shift goalposts.
Why do you think I wouldn't have bought it?

Damn, I was hoping they'd rush it out instead of trying to fix flaws.

Why do companies do that?

It's not more valuable retard.
>damn I didn't expect such a seething post. no I'm not poor, I was born wealthy in fact, with a 7 figure trust fund net worth the second I was born. and have a very comfortable 6 figure income in a mixed industry research position.
But can't afford to put a mobo/processor/ram/drive in a box and have it shipped
LMFAO, cool story faggot.
> I sold my computer because moving it didn't make much sense when I was ready to upgrade anyways, the cost of moving it didn't make any sense at all.
So you were running on an outdated poorfag rig... You make six figures, have 7 figure trust fund, and were born wealthy but were running on a poverty tier rig. Nothing checks out.
> lol @ your entire post.
As if this is not the sentiment towards your post.
> I can't believe you got this mad over me selling my computer and waiting to buy zen 2.
Believing anyone is mad about hilariously calling out a lying poorfag.
> I guess not wanting to waste money is a bit too high minded for you.
People w/ your financial background/job/education don't consider tools necessary to getting important work done a waste of money. This is speaking as one. Nice LARP poorfag. Now cry your way to November and make the same 'purchase' you can't make now.

Am4 is live through 2020. Ddr5 wont be until 2021 minimum

>incel this mad at me buying a 3950x
just lol

> $4000s worth of shit that could be more sensibly ranged to $1400.. Yet wont buy a $100-$300 temporary processor to run it and risk losing $50 max when he re-sells it.
That's why you delusional faggot.

Attached: Bait.gif (400x254, 1.43M)

>Can't admit being wrong
Got it.

> poorfag is salty for unequivocally getting called out.
> smooth brains think this shitty ass LARP works
top fucking kek
> user, I have a 7 figure trust, make six figures but was running on a 3rd world machine and laptop and can't wait to buy an $800 processor for another month
The absolute state of poverty+low iq

They fixed the flaws on the backs of Guinea pig poor-fags 3900x and lower. Now that all the kinks have been worked out, they release the products for the higher end ilk. Pleb early adopters lose every-time.

Nothing checks out deluded tard.
Now wait another month or two like a gud boy who spends $750 on a desktop mobo.

its a joke retarded nigger

HAHAHAHA DEMAND FOR 7NM IS SO HIGH THEY LITERALLY CANT KEEP STOCK AND SELL OUT AS SOON AS SHIPMENTS COME IN! Amd btfo

i9900kys

I lived abroad for undergrad and my msc (oxford) and had a 6700k with a 970 in england. it was a fine computer but I wanted to upgrade and I was both moving and zen 2 was coming out so it made sense to sell it. I expected to be able to buy a 3950x in time for my phd start in september, but these delays have meant it didn't work out and I have to use my laptop.
sorry but, just lol. just... just lol. I can't even imagine your life state that you got this worked up over me buying a 3950x. good luck man, I can tell you are dealing with a hard life.

>I was merely only pretending

>Nothing checks out deluded tard.
You claimed I won't buy one.
Presumably because I'm too poor for one.
I've shown you the whole package ready for 3950x.
Now you shift goalposts and talk about buying cheaper hardware.
What else do you need to check out, again?

I also have a phd lol and am in med school, rocking a 3900x. Someone needs to take the >implying
button from you bitch niqqa

>he didn't get a 3900x this past july
lmao at waitfags

> A Quadcore (2015).
> A 5 year old GPU.
In 2017, Ryzen 1 released, in 2018, ryzen 2 released.. no 1070/1080.. no 2070/2080.. no vega 56/64.. But straight to a fucking 16 core and a flagship GPU. No in between triggered you but this is where you get off the ride...
> I expected to be able to buy a 3950x in time for my phd start in september
I'd assume you are cs/ce/ee. So, for 4 years no upgrade made sense whereby you sell your current rig for a sensible upgrade even as core count doubled, then tripled, and then even quadrupled. But now that you're doing a PhD, oh man.. sensible.
> but these delays have meant it didn't work out and I have to use my laptop.
So you not only have questionable finances but your aren't too bright either.
> sorry but, just lol. just... just lol. I can't even imagine your life state that you got this worked up over me buying a 3950x. good luck man, I can tell you are dealing with a hard life.
Much easier than yours as I have been running 16 cores for 2 years now. Also, because I'm not stupid like you, I sold my intel rig before it was worthless and paid little to nothing to double my core count w/ AyyMD.

> BS Oxford
> PhD student now
> Rich
But conducts low iq planning, purchasing, sellling, and penny pinches to a point that it costs him real world problems.
Sounds like the shit a low iq poor fag does.
Again, doesn't check out.

just lol

> $3200 of dream list of bullshit that doesn't even include a processor
> No purchase receipts.
> Claims to have spent this much but can't even buy a $100-$300 temp processor to last him until processor becomes avaiable
> Buys $3,200 worth of shit without even knowing when a processor will come out
Totally checks out. You're either retarded, a liar, or both. Either way, you lose

Take your meds bro

he's right amdbros, amd is finished and bankrupt
let's all press f and go but I9 9999KMS

Blown the fuck out and seething.
Any other poorfag bullshitters wanna cry about something they will purchase in a month anyway or even 3 months if Su decides to play another joke? Any more millionaire oxford grads running on poverty tier hardware making low iq decisions who need to vent? Any more bitching about something your broke ass can't actually afford and wont purchase?

Fuck, I've been waiting since 3rd gen launch for the 3950x

This shit always happens when I decide to wait for a new build

Buy everything you need now and pair it with an old Zen CPU for

Wait another month or two. Either make the purchase you were going to make or don't. Meanwhile, you're posting on a computer. So, nothing of value is lost.

He's a millionaire + makes six figures and went to oxford. Such a decision is too financially astute and intelligent for him.

Honestly waiting for Zen 3 desu. 2700x is good enough for now and maybe Zen 2 TR will be cheaper by then.

Anons, Milan is already confirmed to not use DDR5 and that is Zen 3.

>2700x is good enough for now
But it's not "AMD's Sandy 2600K", though. While 3700X is.

yea I might just do that. I was hoping to find out details for threadripper so I'd know if I should just get that instead or if the 3950x is good enough.
pcpartpicker.com/list/zmbcCL
this is the parts list I was planning on going with, the 3900x is just a placeholder. since I'm going to get a 4x ram stick setup anyways I was thinking it might make more sense to get the quad channel threadripper, but I really don't need more than 16 cores and I'm worried about it running hot and getting annoying to have in my room.

There is no Sandy anything, dear user. The 3700x for sure is an amazing CPU, but given the big leap with Zen -> Zen 2, we're not staying still like Intel for the past 10 years. I wouldn't be surprised if the 4600 obliterated the 3700x.

> but I really don't need more than 16 cores and I'm worried about it running hot and getting annoying to have in my room.
If you don't need more than 16 cores, go w/ the 3950x. At $800 it's not a sneeze. TR will run a decent bit more. Also, the resting TDP is nothing to sneeze at and will definitely heat your room if you use it as a daily. I have a TR that is off 70% of the time. I only fire it up if I need it due to heat. Otherwise, I run on an 8 core ryzen.

> €800 on fucking ram
> €750 on a fucking motherboard
>€600 on a 2k 144hz monitor
>buys a mid range 5700xt
Jesus Christ

If you're a student you probably have no business buying an $800 processor. You likely need all the money you can to survive student loans. Don't be fucking stupid. There is likely no use case for you to own a 3950x and a 3600 will probably be more than enough for you.

>next
>year
>will be ddr5, pcie5

haha, no

Attached: 1567942128997.jpg (698x720, 53K)

That's a brand fanboy build

As I stated earlier, poorfag+low IQ makes for shitty LARP. Neither that or boxford user were believable.

yea I think you're probably right. I might just do the build now and get some old processor to get by until it comes out now that we know it's going to be delayed again.

I'm on an industry sponsored phd. I get a pretty great wage, and will spend around 4-6 months each year working for my employer.

He claimed to have a million dollar interference, makes six figure salary and is an oxford grad.
Reality :
> Poor parents are still alive.. dad has a $200k insurance policy he likely wont get a cent from
> lives at home at mommy and daddy's
> just sold his poorfag rig so he can buy a discount 2700x
> Goes to community college for an IT trade degree
> Makes $7.50 bagging groceries
In any case, 3950x is off the menu
Poorfags and brainlets dream big which is why they never achieve anything in reality

>Overpriced NVMe drives that barely add any extra performance over other NVMe drives half the price
>overpriced neo DRAM kits over standard Gskill tridentz that work the same
>buying any gpu past low-mid ranged before consoles come out with RDNA2 with raytracing tech in it forcing another upgrade later to not be weaker than console gpus
>riser meme

I'll be posting the build on /pcbg/
you can get some pics of it there when I do, hope you stop by!

Attached: IMG_20190920_161611.jpg (4032x2572, 893K)

Make sure to check backwards compatibility if you do so. Not all X570s are backwards compatible back to Gen 1. I think the fucboi brands who have small BIOS chips are unable to store the fully compatible bios.
> I'm on an industry sponsored phd. I get a pretty great wage, and will spend around 4-6 months each year working for my employer.
Makes sense. Honestly 3950 @ $800 is pricey. If you really need 16 cores for legit work, go for a discount threadripper gen 1. More ram capacity. More PCIE and you can slot in the new TR down the road. X570 is for enthusiasts and gaymen. I tend to wait until a new gen comes out so I can buy the older gen at discount. Rarely makes sense buying shit on release. $800 for a AM4 processor is fucking stupid to me.

Thanks for correcting one detail.
Pro-tip for life as you move forward beyond Uni : Don't penny pinch on tooling/things that further your capabilities or work. It doesn't work out in the long run. Don't go from saying you only need X to now you need 4X. That's never really the reality. Congrats on completing your undergrad, the real fun is in Grad. Don't get too caught up in meme learning. As for build pics, they're a dime a dozen. Better organized here :
> pcpartpicker.com/

There's nothing exciting about build pics anymore. Everyone has a well spec'd rig. Comps take about 10-15min to put together if you don't care about wire routing. There's nothing exciting or challenging about it.

Hope you have an actual use for your rig as you claim to be 'frugal'. You're currently not an any dire need for one as you Uni (as I already know) gives ssh access to powerful rigs to engineering students.

perfect

Attached: 1537761053066_0.gif (538x572, 338K)

my 3 is on every place u.u

Attached: an alien who became hacker.png (500x608, 130K)

feel good man, apparently i can take this opportunity to have sex with beautiful female u.u

Attached: bYOn88w.png (1200x1074, 973K)

Wow Intel can release 7nm before the 3950x arrives damn AyyMD is BTFO

Attached: lulz.png (548x562, 59K)

And when will Intel's 7mm come out? 2065?

you dont have advice worth shit fag. you keep writing oodles of drivel. take your mania meds loser

It has to last for a year

>W-we promise it will be s-soon
>s-start saving your schekels g-goyim
kekd

hey bitch im posting with my 3900x... where'd you go?

Attached: implyingbtfo.png (4480x1556, 1.68M)

This was expected. They're having trouble binning chiplets for 3900X plus TSMC's 7nm production being congested with new orders from AMD and Apple. Combine those with no word from AMD regarding the release of this CPU and it should've been no surprise to anyone.

Attached: 1472002909103.jpg (787x830, 141K)

refute anything i've stated.
I'll wait
> But i don't have anything to refute besides posts childish bantz that make it look like i scored points
That's what I thought

Which user are you? Are you replying as oxford user because he stated he didn't have a rig yet because he's waiting on a 3950x... Is this story changing now? The other user also said they were waiting on a 3950x.. So, did you go to your roommate who inspired your to upgrade your poverty rig and post from there? What's up w/ the resolution differences? Can't afford same res duals?

Do I need to fire up my kikeripper w/ 16 cores and 128GB and make a post from there? what does this achieve? My comments hold.

>they're having trouble binning chiplets for 3900x
no wonder nothing is reaching the intended frequencies

As a fellow wealthy AMD fanboy, you need to stop. This is nigger tier money wasting.

you're getting replies from like 7 different people based on my read

Or more clearly poorfag fantasy projection.
> 750 euro mobo was the dead give-a-way