Why aren’t you listening to music on actual CD’s, user?

Don’t be a rent a life zoomer.

Attached: EC78362E-EE2B-4B43-9553-8C7EA9868CA5.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

are linear tracking TTs better? does the final song the side of the record not get distorted?

>using technology from the 1980s that limited sound quality to what they could squeeze onto an optical disk way back then
Stupid.

Cause I don't use a CD player, duh.

Record cutting machines are linear tracking so it avoids needle torque as the tone arm moves inward.

It will help keep your records in shape longer.

With a proper Philips TDA DAC the sound quality is excellent.

>not listening to mqa
pathetic

Attached: 1-Main_Pic.jpg (2000x1125, 242K)

What are you implying? I do

OP doesn't even own a single CD.

>physical media
My hard drive can store like 20k albums in flac and takes up basically no space.

I own many thousands of them. I just got a box set of Mozart’s complete works, almost 200 CDs.

Can you tell 16 bit audio from 24?

I can.

I love CDs but they become a pain in the ass after a while.

Fair enough then

The irony of a zoomer saying that while listening to streaming music.

I pirate everything and then buy vinyl as band merch.

Attached: gigantic_brain.jpg (558x279, 28K)

You can't?

CDs are only good for getting the highest quality RIPs, but after that, there is no fucking point.

I download 24 when I can, but I don't think I've ever downconverted a 24 bit file to 16 and tried to tell the difference.

Zoom zoom zoom.
Zoomy zoom zoom.
I am a zoomer and I zoom zoom zoom.
I am not like smelly boomers who boom boom boom.
Boom boom in undies, stinky poo poom.
I do not boom, instead I zoom.
I live in a room.

All you want to do is be a zoom zoom zoom in your room room.

Just shake your rump.

listen man we only got so much time here why would I waste it in uneeded material goods that only bring a little more enjoyment?

Hey, do you like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Attached: Check em' GBAtemp.jpg (937x895, 89K)

CD's are dirt cheap, I've been buying unsorted lots of them in big boxes, loose. On a new player they will skip like mad but my old B&O Beogram CD3300 player can read through any scratch practically. I have ones which are no longer shiny and look like they've been sand blasted that read fine in those older gas-tube laser players from companies like Philips and B&O and Marantz.

I've been using amazon music HD over the last few days and it's been decent.

Otherwise i just download FLAC

Attached: 2019-09-20 21_56_00.png (843x696, 128K)

You can't even resolve 16 bits in practise. Unless you want to listen to a gunshot at 100% volume.

Attached: 24 bits sound so good!.png (853x600, 28K)

what happens when piracy laws become enforced on the hardware level by apple, google, MS, intel, and amd?

I thank god most of the things i care about have already been released at some point on normal CDs.

The first thing I do with every CD is rip it to FLAC.

>franklin mint

Attached: images (2).jpg (230x219, 9K)

Ummm that's a 1-bit DSD Super Audio CD sweaty, you can't rip those.

Yea?

Attached: Pamphlet 02.jpg (1749x1275, 518K)

ok i take it back and now I want it on LP

I have much of the Longines Symphony collection already.

It's pricey to get a full set from what i remember.

Attached: 2019-09-20 22_11_18.png (376x1049, 40K)

I'm very patient, I'd prefer to get it in lots while I bide my time. It's how I collected every single Star Trek and TNG episode on Laserdisc.

whatever makes you happy.

I just enjoy listening.

Attached: 2019-09-20 22_17_49.png (290x1966, 60K)

Because ripping with EAC is unironically more accurate than playing it back.

based zoomer

this 1000x desu

>more accurate
yeah not really

you might get a read out of a skipped region but it's not like it's "more accurate" when you're playing undamaged material

Cause I only listen to anime music and metalcore trash with growling vocals. So youtube is good enough for me.

Attached: pepebeats.jpg (355x360, 25K)

Ripping also has the bonus of not having to handle hundreds of physical disks. having to grab and swap 10 different CDs just because you want to listen to 10 separate tracks is something that is ridiculous today

>undamaged
no such thing, learn2redbook

just listen to the whole album incel

Bud I don't want to listen to 10 remixes of the same song

AKTUALLY, superior rips can be had from special blu-ray/dvd releases, but yeah this is typically the way to go.

the average house has a 405-dbm noise floor

automatically subtract that from your dynamic range because the listener has to turn it up loud enough to hear the quiet parts

i am an sacd owner and collector because I live in the sticks and have a very low noise floor

only in very rare cases, most of the stuff I listen to isn't popular and thus hasn't seen multiple releases on different formats

but yeah if you like bon jovi the dvd concerts are the best sounding rips

but can you play them in your car from there?

I'm literally listening to a CD in my OPTICAL DRIVE right now.

I literally have a closet with roughly 1000 CD's collecting dust. Few years back I converted everything digital and never looked back. I can fit my entire music library on a HD in one hand now.

some jap converts laserdisc players into optical record players

no shit, look it up

Why the hell would you want to use CDs when you can just have flacs on a harddisk?

wouldn't it be easier to just photograph and register those discs with amazon and apple and lawfully shred them after they are entered into your official library? so much easier

>why the hell would you want to get laid
that's what you sound like, incel

owned

>hey girl, I have all those rare eurodance CDs at home, wanna come and listen?

I've done this and it worked.

why are you so obsessed with sex

>letting your guest peruse a shelf full of music with packaging and etc
only patricians have libraries

inb4 you post THAT caricature

>from the 1980s
>limited sound quality
you are a fucking idiot

yes definitely. 16 to 24 is a difference, but higher sample rates don't matter much

yikes you bit that one hard

Why bother with that when I can download FLAC files? Less real life bloat that way.

this one?

Attached: 1548088567852.png (392x489, 346K)

No, this one

Attached: collection.jpg (960x672, 139K)

>>what happens when piracy laws become enforced on the hardware level
Wait wat

I have almost 300GB of music, do you seriously expect me to burn that to CDs just to make listening to music more uncomfortable?

>CDs
>16-bit
No thanks I’ll stick to my 24-bit FLAC

I just pirate flacs. Keep paying the music jew, boomer.

This is all hilarious in more ways than one.
First of all, I am old. I tend to associate collections with youth and with children. When you're just starting out, it's fun to collect things. But as you get older you realize that things end up collecting you.
Second, why not stream? Nothing last forever. All those CDs and DVDs and other pieces of crap are just slowly dying on their own accord.
Three, you do realize that games are for kids, right? The idea that any mature adult would show off his gaming collection is hilarious.

CD's are trash. they break over time no matter what. I am so glad we are digital now. all my favorite CD's got ruined so they were a huge fiasco in my opinion.

If I wanted physical media I'd buy LPs, not CDs.

>FLAC for listening

>he doesn't listen to fully uncompressed .wav
embarrassing really

lol @ audiophools and their snake oils

ps. I got a bridge for sale, interested?

sacd's been rippable for quite a some time now

CD is “digital”
Only SSD/flash memory is the closest you will get to any binary way of storing things.
Even harddisks are analogue in the way the data is actually recorded and read.

>paying more for less
damn audiophools

my current music collection that fits on single 4 TB HDD, would require a stack of 16 metres tall of CDs - this is *without* cases

Attached: flac is where is at.png (660x142, 5K)

First of all, I am old. I tend to associate collections with youth and with children. When you're just starting out, it's fun to collect things. But as you get older you realize that things end up collecting you.
>>i wish someone told me that in my early days
Second, why not stream? Nothing last forever. All those CDs and DVDs and other pieces of crap are just slowly dying on their own accord.
>>streaming as well does not provide the maximum quality because the goal of streaming is not about quality it is about not getting a loss of data below 95% you have to think in a streaming both pc and server are sending/receiving a lof of bytes
Three, you do realize that games are for kids, right? The idea that any mature adult would show off his gaming collection is hilarious.
>>Actually collect games is more common that you think, there are a lot of people on youtube/twitch showing their collections, unboxings, reviews, etc. maybe is not an usual practice for you but in fact a lot of people is spending their salaries in games that have been never played

Why ever keep such an enormous music library? For sake of mindless hoarding in itself?
I estimate that even if you spend 6 hours per day listening to music, which is obviously A LOT for perceptive, thinkful listening, it will take you seven and half years to go through your collection. Assuming that you have favorite songs and albums, other tracks will be played even less often. I can safely assume that there is music in your library that you will never hear again in your lifetime.
This is just silly.

>being this much of a newfag

why are you saying that?

writes user listening to 128kbit streams.

You cannot.

This

Also this. It is so fucking cheap to legally get music as every idiots sells their records. Most of the times, if they are old, the cds will actually sound better than newer versions (aka remastered)

wtf are you talking about?