Itt we post programming languages that get things done

Python.
JavaScript.

Attached: 1024px-Python-logo-notext.svg.png (1024x1024, 51K)

BASH and C

Both of these languages are interpreted in C and C++, so I'd say those go hand in hand with those 2. What other langs get work done?

Chad++ and Java running most of the internet

Attached: c.png (362x479, 16K)

JS and Python are fun though.

C is useless.
No one programs in C nowadays other than the guys writing compilers, interpreters and doing OS programming.
Try doing web dev in C or C++.

and C and C++ is interpreted by assembly code

Python is the busy body of languages. You do a lot of seeming productive shit and come out with hardly anything substantial in the end.

You called it useless, and then described some uses, that's a bit strange.
> the guys writing compilers, interpreters and doing OS programming.
Yeah, these are usually done in C or C++, a lot of games/engines are written in C++ too.
>Try doing web dev in C or C++.
>Try writing another language for a javascript interpreter

try embedded programming in Javascript
OP didn't ask for a "all-in-one" language, he said languages that get things done, which is what C does pretty well in the areas it's meant for

Over 2 billion devices run java, if that's not getting work done I don't know what is.

PHP

C#

>Muh webshit

Java.

>PHP
It's 2019 gramps.

You are using a website right now and you probably spend most of your day on the internet.
Am I wrong?

The only thing python gets done is having community-made libraries abandoned with a ton of bugs left unfixed. Don't get me wrong, I liked it at first too. Sadly, the number of 'gotchas' it throws at you is just too high and most devs give up after a few years.

You can use python for the backed end of a web server but I'm seeing php, C#, Java and node more often. Python just has a lot of applications it's useful for except for client side in the browser. That's Typescript and JavaScript domain.

Ruby on Rails.

What's wrong with using web technologies to interface with my application?

>Ruby on Rails.
Literally never heard of that.
You must be working on something important.

JS, CSS, and HTML are unironically the best choice for UI, and web-apps are the ultimate conclusion of Unix philosophy and client-server model computing.

>uses Jow Forums
>uses social media
>browses internet
fucking sperg lmao

Python
C
Fortran

>implying anyone in this thread gets anything done while larping in said thread

I use java at my job, but I like Python/C.

And PHP is better than its ever been.

LOL, yeah same with perl.

Check the numbers on new websites. Most are python back-end. PHP is being replaced.

Flutter for UI
Python for small and medium programs
Haskel for big programms without much user interaction or when fancy parallel programming is needed

"professional" python coding
required to do 100% coverage testing to check for shitty errors like typos
"python is fun"

for business settings php and C#. anything else and data rocket science C or C++.
depends on your needs, user.

lmao and C/C++, right?

are you saying those languages are bad at those things?

I use java at work, but I like python/c/go for personal projects.

I started reading this yesterday
Am I being memed?

ITT: people just post all languages

And it's doing its job in 2019 and will continue in 2020.

It can be done. I've written a webserver in C

No, the opposite.
Flutter helps getting UI done because the tooling is quite good. You can view changes to your UI in under a second.
Haskell helps getting shit done (in the right domains) because I saves you the trouble of debugging shit like NullPointerExceptions. Instead, you fight the compiler until it accepts your code, but then the program will not crash for stupid reasons. Also, fearless refactoring. This helps getting bigger projects done.
Finally, Python is good at getting shit done because it has a huge ecosystem. There is a library for everything.

it wouldnt be to hard to implement a decent web framework into C++ or C, litrally just need a TCP socket that parses HTTP requests and then send back a response.

Its not fucking brain science.

Perl, it gets ignored by everyone but gets shit done

>Both of these languages are interpreted in C and C++
Nonsense. What does it even mean for a programming language to "be interpreted in another"? Perhaps you meant that the most popular implementation is written in C.
And while this is true, it doesn't have to be, in principle: an implementation can use any language, even the langiage itself (even Python, see PyPy).

C is nearly useless because in almost every case you can use C, C++ (especially modern C++) does the job better. I'm not even a fan of C++ (my favorite language overall is Lisp), but C++ is undeniably less shitty than C, and it has even improved during the years.
NEET C fanboys however won't admit it, believing they are saving the world by using C, while their evil tranny boogeyman threatens their worldview by using evil langiages whose crime is getting some tasks done more quickly than C can.

>C is nearly useless because in almost every case you can use C, C++
Same with C++ and Rust (except game dev), everytime you want to use C++ its just better to use Rust

Oh boy, this guy can read the installation screen for java!

Attached: LowQualityBait.jpg (600x600, 18K)