LIbrem 5

Is this going to be a pure bug release? Goes out Q3 2019 at $649. Hmm.

Attached: Librem phone.jpg (800x400, 40K)

That doesn't look worth $649.

It's be borderline unusable, Librem 5 v2 might be good. It's the price you pay as an early adopter.

I ordered it, they just sent out emails asking which batch I wanted. I opted for the later batches, so I'll have switch covers and an actual phone body which fits the guts.

And into the trash with your App and Play Store mindset. Transcend.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 8.52.48 PM.png (2270x1252, 1002K)

>that aspect ratio
I thought it was a tablet

>it can browse the web
>this is somehow bad

Batches 1, 2, and 3.
I've needed a smart phone for years and can't afford to wait any longer. :(

Pls think of me when using your ergonomic post caps :(

Me too. I want a fitting case and actual switch caps, no bare switch poles. Its open down to the firmware at every level though, which is awesome.

the internet is bloat

OK homey, will do. I'll pour one out for your ill-fitting case and naked switches.

Yeah I am going to also use it as my computer as much as possible.

You're supposed to get a bunch of cheap buner phones instead, because this is a broken boutique iToy fashion acessory and privacy snake oil honeypot that only got sales because of years of astroturfing the idea that one could consume their way out of corporate surveillance. If you actually try that try you're a delusional paranoid misfit retard. It was made by incompetant mentally instable SJW tranny grifter corporate whore parasites preying on your paranoia and freetard hipsters, and it still uses the cellular spying network. It's Seven Hundred Dollarydoos and yet it has a TFT screen with $20 walmart obama phone specs: a shit oudated CPU, nowhere near enough RAM for 2019, outdated wifi, and can barely make a phone call or browse the web. Oh, and they were too fucking stupid to figure out how to get the cellular and wifi modems onto one board, so they used m.2 cards and now it's twice as fat as the images they sold people on. And despite delaying the launch for nearly a year, they can't even meet their deadlines without shipping broken garbage. It's fucking DOA shit that'll be forgotten in a year or two just like all the other times someone's tried to make a freetard phone before.
And the icing on the whole shit cake is using bloated laggy GNOME and the broken abortion of Wayland.
Quit clinging to freetard software like it's going to make a difference, don't get sucked into pointless hype train kickstarter projects, save your money, get an actual good phone, and leave that at home when you don't want to be tracked.
Librem 5 users should be rounded up, sterilized and put into labor camps.

There, is that enough mean words? Or do I have to say that if I ever see someone with one of these peices of shit, I'm going to grab it and smash it on the ground, then leave them with a knife in their chest to spare the world from their crayon eating retardation, in order to fit in here?

All the system and OS shit is separated from the baseband unlike every other phone, also all the software and firmware is open source. How is it a honeypot?

Also you can use X11 and KDE if you like, the whole thing is designed to work with whatever. You don't even have to run their distro.

garbage phone is garbage

let's be fair, the first revs haven't gone out yet and the dev board they sold for a while could actually text, make voice calls, and do internet like some fag ass droid or ios phone

it's pretty impressive

And this is why we'll have Pixel and iPhone forever.

I know what it is, I preordered one of them when it was still $600.
The fact that you bothered to respond to an amalgamation of all the edgy remarks against it that I've read so far with actual information troubles me though.
You didn't think that was just a little too edgy to be a person's real thoughts and feelings about this thing?

Yeah why so mad though? Your strawman post was high typing but low effort.

For many years many people have been into the idea of a phone that's also your PC, a unified environment. One which you can also fully control? That's nerd crack.

The only acceptable wide phones are the LG Optimus Vu series

Burner phones are not a solution. Show me a burner phone that supports ENCRYPTED messaging via something like Matrix.

no burner phone has a fully open source OS and firmware set

Exactly.

I'll vet it when it goes below 350€. Anything more for a phone is stupid.

You should call Apple and tell them that. I think their cheapest one is 300E

>muh privacy

Really all I expect to come out of this is to show how bad touch support is right now. Hell, gnome can't even use the keyboard win key and screen bezel winkey at the same time

I fully expect this thing to be complete and utter garbage even when compared to the most modest of Android phones
The hardware seems like it’s there but software is going to be a shitshow

Why are you so mad
Did a tranny beat you up or something?

it's just linux plus an app for making calls, and another for getting texts

the rest will be handled by phone-size UI's for already existing applications

PWAs are the future. It's nice to never have to update again.

I’m guessing you don’t understand what makes a phone operate efficiently in the first place
Their is a reason Android kernels can’t really be used across devices, the kernel shares a very intimate relationship with the hardware to make it functional and tends to lock a kernel to a device and a specific kernel version
The librem is expected to run on generic kernels so it’s not getting these tailored optimizations
Oh I’ll do it’s job no problem but don’t expect performance or battery life

Wide>long

So this is what its like to have a small penis

Thats odd because most android phones use the same exact SoC.

Get out of here you fucking pseud

yeah none of this shit is actually accurate, my thinkpads get better battery life as the kernel progresses in general

in any event a new iphone or droid user is happy with 12-18 hours of battery which the librem 5 will easily achieve

Attached: this_aint_my_dad.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

>some shit I posted two months ago is in there with the same exact wording
holy fuck I really made you butthurt didn't I

Attached: 1559086670830.gif (389x259, 992K)

>I've needed a smart phone for years
No, you don't.

Based and Lonely Island pilled