Can 5GHz Wi-Fi beat CAT5 for transfer speeds yet?

Can 5GHz Wi-Fi beat CAT5 for transfer speeds yet?

Attached: RT-AC5300.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07B3G4S4J
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, because wireless will always be subject to interference

So? Are you going to try and argue CAT3 is better than 5 GHz?

Why are you such a faggot?
He said one thing and you twist it into something he never said.
You're a piece of shit. Kys

fucking kill yourself faggot zoomer

>no argument
No problem, idiot.

In the context of connection speeds, interference only counts for so much.

>wireless
Hello jitter

Not even ax can beat cat 5e

no. it can't. In neither latency nor bandwidth.

Wired will always be preferred for performance. If you are using wifi, you are using it for the convenience of not having to run a wire, everything else is cope.

Except I'm talking about CAT5. Big difference.

>Wired will always be preferred for performance
>"CAT3 is better than 5GHz!"
Idiot.

Pic related. On paper it can and if you go for very high end 3X3 80Mhz MIMO or better the overhead will be so high you can go a couple of meters before it dips below 100Mbps.

BUT irl it will almost always be very difficult because your laptop/phones you currently have probably don't even support 3x3 80MHz MIMO or don't support it well.

I'm assuming 5e btw because even 802.11n 2x2 40Mhz mimo (widely supported) outperforms a wired 100Mbps connection and has higher range before it dips to less than 100Mbps. Assuming 64-QAM Mod btw.

Attached: download (1).jpg (300x168, 11K)

To defeat cat 5e you need really big guns. A 4x4 160MHz mimo router with the highest RF output legally permitted and a 4x4 160MHz 802.11ac capable device maybe 1 meter away MAXIMUM.

At that point you might as well just use the god damned wifi cable.

Attached: 1538187464461.jpg (554x555, 39K)

>kids still believing buggy and unreliable as shit fucking wireless will ever beat a fucking wired connection
Jesus shit, kids. I know you were basically screwed over when it comes to even basic knowledge and eduation, but your brain still works, right?

what about CAT6 bros

>be me at my old job
>have metro fiber to our branch office
>but we're in California
>so the fiber never once goes under ground
>it rains
>telephone post goes down
>fiber loop shits itself because it's over committed to fuck and back
>repeat about 6 times in 5 years
We stuck a microwave dish on the roof right before I left. It's not always about convenience, government moves for no one. I'd need 5 millions dollars and about 30 blowjobs to get a permit to trench a quarter of that loop.

>comparing IEEE and ANSI/TIA-568

Might as well put your head in a microwave and turn it on. That's probably a good ballpark estimate of how much RF radiation you'd need to deliver 256QAM 8x8(?) 160MHz signal within a reasonable range of a couple of feet.

It can with regular cat5, but no one uses cat5, we use cat5e, which does 1gbps

Not all wired connections are gigabit you stupid idiot.

OP here.

I said Cat 5 because that's what my house is wired with. No crawl space means the only way I can upgrade is by punching like 6-7 holes through multiple walls, which I'm not willing to do.

Don't know why people keep answering with Cat 5e.

But your house is probably cat5e. Cat5 is rare

who theh fuck told you cat5 is rare, its literally telephone wire you idiot

What makes you think you'd know, dumbass? His house could've been built in the 90s.

>wifi cable

>His house could've been built in the 90s.
As a matter of fact, it was.

I'm also 100% sure it's CAT5 and not CAT5e. It's the main reason I'm bottlenecked to 100mbps transfer speeds between my PC and my home server.

Houses in the 90s are wired up with coax not cat5. If it was though, use the coax or rewire if you are a posh cunt. Or use wifi

>latency

>all these people crying about latency
What are you doing that requires that extra 1ms?

It's both CAT5 and coax. Last I checked there aren't any easy solutions for using coax as a substitute for Ethernet.

All I want to know is how high end Wi-Fi transfer speeds compare with CAT5.

I am running coax into a modem/router at 1gbps. You can run cat5e/cat6 from the router

Coax is based
>Ancient cable type
>Durable as fuck
>Single copper core
>3feet of insulation
>Never goes bad
>Can do 1Gbps without a problem.

Maybe if the WAP is sitting right ontop of the damn computer, but in that case why not just use cat5e/6 and stop irradiating yourself?

who 10 gigabit here?

How do you run a Coax cable into a router with only ethernet ports? If it requires soldering I'm not interested.

It’s called a modem

The question is who doesn't have 10Gbit yet? The equipment for doing this is getting cheaper and cheaper. But these faggots still use wifi because wires are way too difficult for them. Imagine fiber or twinax....
You are legitimately retarded. Consider wiring a rope to your neck and jumping off a freeway overhang. No soldering required.

Are you retarded? We're talking about local network transfer speeds here. The only coax cable running from a modem connects to the ISP. Using a coax cable to connect a PC to a router/server is not practical.

Evidently you are a complete idiot.

Im not the one asking how to wire a coax cable up to a ethernet switch/router. go ahead, take a look into the mirror.

Attached: coaxtorj45pls.gif (220x230, 1.09M)

No, you're just a complete idiot who is completely out of his depth in a thread like this.

MocA adapters are a pain to set up, and not really worth it, even if you're stuck on CAT5.

>how do i coax to ethernet?
>you're retarded!
>you're out of depth in this thread
o-okay

Attached: 1566202096143.gif (450x450, 232K)

Not my fault you're a moron.

dilate

Wireless AC easily surpasses 100Mbps even without MIMO and shit. You’re years behind. It can’t hit Cat5e speeds tho

>newfag

Attached: 1547364151318.gif (384x288, 711K)

I once pushed about 500Mbps over 2 2 pair phone lines I combined into a 4 pair cable thing. That was only over about 10 meters though.

>thinks CAT5 is actually hard limited to 100Mbps

Dude CAT5 will easily do gigabit as long as you don't try to push it like 300 meters or some bullshit

My transfer speeds are between 90-120mbps on a 30meter cable.

do you have a solid state drive on both ends? if not,you're being limited by the hard drives read/write speed.

To clarify... is your speed ranging from 90 - 120 MB/s (megabytes per second) as opposed to megabits per second?

Cause that is awfully close to 1Gpbs (gigabits per second)...

Personally I can achieve ~120MB/s consistently with a ~50m cat5 cable

Welp, you're right, I'm retarded.

On that note though, how much big of an improvement would CAT5e be then? I thought 5e was meant to be the one capable of gigabit?

Attached: test07.png (466x296, 10K)

nigger why the fuck is your server named wild arms

That's the file I'm moving. It very clearly says "to Mediaplex (\\192.168...)", which is the media directory on the server.

this is the most faggot shit i have ever read

t. moron

helmet

I have a PCE-AC88 connected to the AC88U
And I get around 700Mbps through wireless.
Router is 4 meters away with eye sight from the PCE-AC88 antennas.

Cable >>>>>> WiFi.

CAT7 does 10Gbps and almost every motherboard nowadays does 2.5Gbps, 5Gbps or 10Gbps through the Ethernet, so WiFi is just for convenience, NOT for speed or reliability.

Cable = Big liter engine with lots of cylinders with instant torque and above 600HP the moment you touch the pedal

WiFi = Tiny engine with a turbo that is too big that promises 600HP, but due to the tiny engines exhaust volume the turbo can never spool up fast enough to give the performance when you want it, nor can it reach peach RPM to give those 600HP, even in controlled environments.

Except the question was CAT5.

Cable isn't always better than WiFi. You wouldn't use CAT3 over WiFi in 2019...

>HURR DURR IZ 5GIGUZ FUSTAH THAN CATZ5?
no because radio isnt constant
>BUT WHAT YOU ARE ARGUING IS THAT CAT 3 IS BETTER THAN 5GIGUZ?
what on earth
>IZI PIZI I WON

>Except the question was CAT5.
>Brings up CAT3

>You wouldn't use CAT3 over WiFi 802.11b in 2019...
Actually I would.
Because CAT3 is faster than WiFi 802.11b with none of the latency problems WiFi have.

If youre bottlenecked to 100mbs and you know this is true throughout the house then why even ask this question? Wifi AC is several times this speed and is now ubiquitous and cheap. If you want to future proof then get a AX wireless router, they're backwards compatible with AC and a hell of a lot less expensive than re wiring a house.

>CAT7 does 10Gbps and almost every motherboard nowadays does 2.5Gbps, 5Gbps or 10Gbps through the Ethernet
Wroooong. You have to pay for the highest end mobos to get that.

why the fuck would you use cat5 in the current year? are you literally retarded?

you virgins will argue about the most irrelevant shit

who cares?
just use your computer and the internet for what you need it for

and have sex

Z390 and X570 chipset both have loads of various boards with Ethernet ranging from 2.5Gbps to 10Gbps.

>complains about relevant things being irrelevant.
>brings up something so fucking irrelevant it's not even remotely related to technology.

Yeah and they're the highest end ones that are hundreds of bucks more than the utilitarian ones

Cat 5 has been deprecated by 300N (2x2 40 MHz) wifi for a while now. Albeit it's on the 5GHz spectrum so it has less range than 2x2 20MHz 2.4GHz 802.11n wifi

You can always get this
amazon.com/dp/B07B3G4S4J
It's the same chipset as the NICs in the motherboards

Thread’s over.

Attached: 1564801761129.png (207x260, 30K)

I'm running 3 VHS players and a cable descrambler into my router via coax you stupid bitch

Media converter

>almost every motherboard nowadays does 2.5Gbps, 5Gbps or 10Gbps through the Ethernet
Only server, workstation and highest-end gaming mobos have 10GbE, and 2.5/5GbE is a clusterfuck.

why do asus design things that look like anti-pussy devices? why are asus so obsessed with making sure people that buy their stuff never have sex?

Same reason why intel/apple keeps beating the gaymen horse with everything they've got: incels have a lot of disposable income and willing to use technology to try and fill that deep void in their life.

only a virgin would use anything but the router provided by the ISP

Try reading you utter moron:

>apple
>keeps beating the gaymen horse
Idiot.

?????

Attached: applearcade-800x516.jpg (800x516, 80K)

whoa... games in an appstore... a casual; arcade service... yeah real similar to intel in that regard.

Idiot.

Not him but iOS 13's main shtick is now gay men. Apple just doesn't know what to tack on their overpriced fisher price toddler phones with an exorbitant markup anymore. They're going for ANYTHING that will lure the average joe into forking a grand for a fucking phone.

Hardwire or die faggot.

Attached: 1549193692831.png (420x331, 319K)

Who cares about speed (bandwidth)? It’ll never beet cat5 for latency and processor overhead.

deus ex

Attached: b761a15417500120f7a02d587128c84a.png (632x877, 249K)

t. scrub who doesn't have a server