FSF is finished

I can't take the FSF seriously anymore
Don't they realize what hypocrites this makes them?
S to spit on FSF's grave

Attached: 3b4wx4.jpg (750x500, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
theregister.co.uk/2019/09/17/richard_stallman_final_interview/
foxnews.com/us/mit-professor-jeffrey-epstein-associate-entirely-willing
twitter.com/sterlingcrispin/status/1115411627849863168
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174907725853052929
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1172283772428906496
twitter.com/KardOnIce/status/1174504535915675648
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174370576556642305
twitter.com/_sagesharp_/status/1174722939872133120
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174870467603132416
youtube.com/watch?v=1SKpRbvnx6g
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2122
youtube.com/watch?v=8IIm2an8QkI
youtube.com/watch?v=A0W9QbkX8Cs#t=1m35s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't know anything about the FSF other than that RMS started it.

actions have consequences

drop large rocks on all pedos and pedo apologists

S

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

"To understand the concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech,” not as in “free beer”. We sometimes call it “libre software,” borrowing the French or Spanish word for “free” as in freedom, to show we do not mean the software is gratis.

We campaign for these freedoms because everyone deserves them."

>everyone

RMS has not had his free software taken from him. He can still use emacs.

>wants to do autistic interjections
>is vague and imprecise in what exactly he is interjecting about
>some journalist misreads the interjection
>acts surprised
wew

you do not simply say somebody like that presents themselves entirely willing without also specifying that it should have been obvious from the context that something dodgy as fuck was going on
not to mention a "she was 17, almost 18" as if that makes a victim of trafficking any more or less consenting.
of course conditional on that minsky actually had an sex

Isn't the FSF in Latina America supporting him? He could be the God of Free Software for the spics.

Attached: rms_support.png (514x182, 32K)

we still don't have all the names of the pedo friends of Epstein.

Another one bite the dusto

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Something they forgot to teach you in school, millennial

Yes, that's why all those people who disagree with him can also still use emacs.

Yes well, the FSF is “free” to choose someone else to lead their organization. Similarly you’re free to not support their organization.

>their organization
no talent hacks and hangers on to Stallman's greatness really
S to them

Start with the dad
>golly gee, a billionaire wants to hire my underage daughter to give him massages?
>that sounds perfectly normal
>thanks for the bucks fren

I feel like I would take a great deal of pleasure in pounding you

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

> hur dur, I can't read a mission statement, and conflate advocating for free software with free speech.

Fucking die already faggot.

I feel really sad about this. Stallman dedicated his life to this shit and now he's in exile for the rest of his life. It's not fair.

theregister.co.uk/2019/09/17/richard_stallman_final_interview/

Neil McGovern (@nmcgovern on twitter lol) says "I hate free speech. Stop saying things I don't agree with or leave my hug box!"

Imagine being this weak spineless millennial.

So much for freedom of speech. As soon as you say something that some SJW doesn't like, your ass is kicked out of the club. OP is right, FSF is basically done for at this point. Who can take them seriously after this?

I wonder what Stallman is going to do now? After this, nobody will want him as a guest speaker because they're too scared of the SJW backlash. Maybe he'll go back to actually coding for a living instead of fighting for a lost cause. I'd laugh my ass off if he made something awesome because of this fiasco.

The SJWs kicking you out for the slightest error is part of their freedom of speech too.
It's not dead, but it's heavily perverted and there's no way of fixing it without actually killing it.

Its a sign of things to come

Attached: seven-samurai-4.gif (497x373, 489K)

Microsoft has won the long war
They convinced the n00bz "MS

His interjection was very precise. It takes MALICIOUS INTENT to twist it like the media did.

should be expelled next, not gonna lie

ESR is irrelevant. ESR has never been relevant.

who even gives a shit, the FSF doesn't even do anything

Stallman shouldn't have resigned. The FSF WILL ABSOLUTELY pick a retarded cunt and there is absolutely NO DOUBT, AT ALL that this retarded cunt will be a useful idiot or an saboteur for large software companies.

I'm suprised Jow Forums could be so stupid, desu
they believe foxnews headlines like,
"MIT scientist defended Jeffrey Epstein associate in leaked emails, claimed victims were ‘entirely willing’"
foxnews.com/us/mit-professor-jeffrey-epstein-associate-entirely-willing
I knew the newfriend problem was bad, but I didn't realize it was this bad

he didn't resign, he was et tu'ed

any normie would have read it as a defense of Epstein
anyone with the social skills of a dead fish would recognize that normies would read it that way, and refrain from making that point
but Stallman gonna Stallman

Get ready for usage restrictions in GPL4 lol

Don't believe me?

twitter.com/sterlingcrispin/status/1115411627849863168

Sarah Mei is leading discussion!

twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174907725853052929

Attached: peace_nonviolence.jpg (1828x1182, 373K)

GPLv4.0
>This license grants you, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation...
>and may be revoked for the following unacceptable behaviors:

MIT and fsf were looking for an opportunity to get rid of him

P.S. if you think that the rest of the FSF will stick up for the four freedoms, that's why the board is being asked to ALL resign, so the replacements can axe ANYTHING that the FSF stood for

>Dedicate your whole existence to something
>They exile you from it forever and start revising everything about you to focus on your biggest controversy and downplaying your accomplishments
>Out of spite, they also call for the abandonment of everything you did (people on twitter calling for the FSF to die and the GPL to stop being used)
>They get an incredible moral high from this for a month, will move on once the next circus starts, and will never again think about all the damage they causedin pursuit of this outrage high
This whole situation makes me feel sick, and it gets even worse when you realize the "STALLMAN DEFENDS EPSTEIN" headlines were blatant lies on every level.

>I've tweeted for many years
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1172283772428906496
It's like she doesn't even understand how to free software

If I were Stallman, I would have forced them to fire me. What does resigning even accomplish? Save the organization some trouble? The whole point of the FSF is to promote the ideals of free software that were started by Stallman. If they can't even defend those ideals, why do they even exist? They're a pointless organization at this point. Stallman will become the lone voice advocating free software, while the FSF turns traitor.

Oh, and MIT can go fuck themselves at this point. They do jack shit other than kick people when they are down.

I can't take someone posting image macros in 2019 seriously.

>crazy old homeless guy who propositions every female over the age of 15 he meets and never showers
>was once productive, but has spent the last 20 years doing nothing but arguing about terminology
gee, I wonder why they wanted him out, it's a mystery

>calling on a guy to resign from his organization because he contributes to Wikipedia
What the fuck

Calls to replace members of the FSF board:

twitter.com/KardOnIce/status/1174504535915675648
twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174370576556642305
twitter.com/_sagesharp_/status/1174722939872133120

Wouldnt be surprised if the GPL4 referenced a blacklist of people forbidden to use the software that doubled as public shaming and started putting everyone on it who refused to use GPL4

exactly, stallman picks up less social cues than a rock, anyone else would have moved on long ago

Kicking out Oliva would be a massive disaster, he's in charge of Linux-libre among other things. The aftermath would doom every libre distro.

Attached: richard stallman "pedo".png (795x923, 167K)

And remember all those people who used GPLv3 *or any future version* in their licenses

Read this thread and then read the reply.

twitter.com/sarahmei/status/1174870467603132416

She's trying to cover up her involvement with the detention by condemning it on other threads

>Anyone is free to use, modify, adapt, play with, and redistribute this software
>EXCEPT FOR THOSE PEOPLE I PERSONALLY HATE

Stallman was correct in his opnion. These SJWs are just insane. First off, Minsky is dead, he has no way to defend himself. Second, even if Epstein DID coerce the poor girl to have sex with Minsky, which might be true, what the fuck does that have to do with Minsky? If she didn't tell Minsky something was wrong, and Minsky thought she liked him or perhaps he thought she was a gold digger and decided to take advantage, how is that his fault? She went to him, not the other way around. The man is already dead, so we'll never know the truth of the matter, but we shouldn't allow people to just smear him one-sidedly after everything he contributed to the systems we currently enjoy.

wait, Mako? He was woke before woke was a thing. well, revolutions always eat their young, I suppose.

>blocking governments from using software because they carry scary guns
What the fuck, so they would rather they just use proprietary software? This would end the years of effort spent on getting governments to use public money to develop and use public code.

Minsky was a crackpot, whether or not he was a child molester (spoiler: he was)

It's almost like that would perfectly benefit Microsoft, isn't it?

Lol, there are people who are actually pontificating in that thread about how "free software" means it wasn't produced using paid labor.

It's over. These fags are going to ruin everything.

Sorry coast guard search and rescue teams, you can't use this first aid software because you have guns :(

if you repeat a falsehood enough times it becomes the truth

Minsky was a pedo and Stallman defended him. where's the lie?

Reminder: bill gates admitted flying with epstein.

What about the mom? Also why would an employer pay the employee's parent?

>HAHAHHA DUDE WHY DO YOU CARE JUST IGNORE IT IT WILL GO AWAY DUDE
>LOL TRIGGERED MUCH YALL JUST AS BAD AS SJWS

Her twitter is wild. It looks like she's already on to the next crisis:
>a Chef reseller sells some enterprise licenses to ICE
>since ICE is literally Hitler, so cue crying on twitter
>some dude deletes his popular Chef-related projects from github in protest
>this breaks a bunch of shit (packaging? what's that? just clone the github repo every time lol)
>Chef forks the old versions so they can un-break their customers' shit
>cue even more crying on twitter about their "rogue copy" of the original author's code

Sarah Mei is the blue checkmark equivalent of Jow Forums happeningfags, she's at ground zero for EVERY marginally left wing related tech controversy.

>see word Chef in post
>start smelling Pillsbury dough-boy biscuits

I kid you not

>ESR
pretty sure none of the normies know who eric raymond is, other than some obscure distro forums and old documentaries about free software, he's nowhere to be found.
>free software movement have facebook and twitter accounts now
dunno about facebook but fsf always had a twitter account, even under stallman.

>ESR is irrelevant. ESR has never been relevant.
you're correct.

The only consolation I find in these trying times is that the people who said this shit unironically got exactly what they asked for.
A nice, fat socio-Orwellian dystopia with the boot right on their heads.

Attached: 157-2.jpg (803x688, 104K)

"social media" was a fucking mistake. I wish for nothing more than for it to all disappear. I miss the old internet.

sage motherfucking sharp.

Yep. Fence sitters are fucking aids. And they get to lay in the grave they dug.

I knew yesterday that the reason they were angling for the board to resign was to rework licenses and sure enough today comes

I have sympathy for all you anons and encourage to still act against this stuff but it is not worth it to get trapped in maya.
This world is suffering and I strongly encourage you to pursue liberation.

>she

Neoliberalism is a disease. My god.

Who would take his place?

free as in beer hookers on an island resort

:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

not a white male, that's for sure

Free software is a joke. The fuck do I need a license for? Heres a zip

I love how the freeze peach warriors only come out when casual racists, rapists, and bitter incels lose their jobs

We need to holocaust these people.

youtube.com/watch?v=1SKpRbvnx6g but I like this guy.

Attached: giga monster.jpg (1024x710, 61K)

Allow me to interject, since it seems some of you are too autistically focused on tech to have observed the last years of politics. The issue is that no matter what you do you'll only be called a racist incel etc. This means the only conversation you can have is going to be whether or not you're a racist incel.

Just like this board where people are going over and over whether Stallman is a pedo trying to defend him. Thats already losing. All the opponent who took the initiative to accuse you has to do is not back down and its just "I'm not a pedo" "yes you are" "no" "article: user denies being pedo" "article: user pedo controversy" etc. You see?

The whole alt right thing was largely those deciding to refuse to have that conversation. I don't agree with them but they were correct that by saying "yeah I'm a Nazi incel pedo, who cares, address my actual point now please" they were able to force the conversation forward, with the result being that they had to be banned from all platforms by force.

I wouldn't say what they did "worked" but this is the way you have to think about it rhetorically. There's no point in defending yourself, just strongly deny their allegation and continue attacking.

There's some issue here as well of the personality of timid nerds who want to placate and remain friends with their accusers. You need to.kill that part of you. It's up to them to come around, not you to convince them of what's already plainly true.

Various types of Kafkatraps, arguments based on broad non-falsifiable, non-analysable panchreston logical fallacies:

Model A: “Your refusal to acknowledge that you are guilty of {sin,racism,sexism, homophobia,oppression…} confirms that you are guilty of {sin,racism,sexism, homophobia,oppression…}.”

Model C: “Even if you do not feel yourself to be guilty of {sin,racism,sexism, homophobia,oppression…}, you are guilty because you have benefited from the {sinful,racist,sexist,homophobic,oppressive,…} behavior of others in the system.”

Model D: “The act of demanding a definition of {sin,racism,sexism,homophobia,oppression} that can be consequentially checked and falsified proves you are {sinful,racist,sexist, homophobic, oppressive}.”

Model M: “The act of arguing against the theory of anti-{sin,racism,sexism,homophobia,oppression} demonstrates that you are either {sinful,racist,sexist, homophobic, oppressive} or do not understand the theory of anti-{sin,racism,sexism,homophobia,oppression}, and your argument can therefore be dismissed as either corrupt or incompetent.”

Model T: Designated victims of {sin,racism,sexism,homophobia,oppression} who question any part of the theory of {sin,racism,sexism,homophobia,oppression} demonstrate by doing so that they are not authentic members of the victim class, so their experience can be discounted and their thoughts dismissed as internalized {sin,racism,sexism,homophobia,oppression}.

Model S: “Skepticism about any particular anecdotal account of {sin,racism,sexism,homophobia,oppression,…}, or any attempt to deny that the particular anecdote implies a systemic problem in which you are one of the guilty parties, is itself sufficient to establish your guilt.”

Model P: “Even if you do not feel yourself to be guilty of {sin,racism,sexism, homophobia,oppression…}, you are guilty because you have a privileged position in the {sinful,racist,sexist,homophobic,oppressive,…} system.”

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2122

Attached: Amercian Factory boss.jpg (1920x1050, 228K)

>some literally who's on twitter posting literally nothing

>So much for freedom of speech. As soon as you say something that some SJW doesn't like, your ass is kicked out of the club.
same thing happened in china. look up the Little Red Soldiers. millions of chinese intellectuals of the day such as became an hero, although some managed escaped china. these SJW cunts are the Little Red Soldiers of today. but where can we run to?

It's not the same. In China, the state suppressed your ability to speak freely. At the very least you could complain about your rights being infringed.

In this situation, freedom of speech is still intact. You could even argue that it's stronger with how easy it is for people to express themselves. You just have to not be retarded and think freedom immediately equates with better results for society.

no, this is the same thing
>Despite being met with resistance early on, the Red Guards received personal support from Mao, and the movement rapidly grew. Mao made use of the group as propaganda and to accomplish goals such as destroying symbols of China's pre-communist past, including ancient artifacts and gravesites of notable Chinese figures.

specifically:

>Moreover, the government was very permissive of the Red Guards, and even allowed the Red Guards to inflict bodily harm on people viewed as dissidents. The movement quickly grew out of control, frequently coming into conflict with authority and threatening public security until the government made efforts to rein the youths in. The Red Guard groups also suffered from in-fighting as factions developed among them. By the end of 1968, the group as a formal movement had dissolved.

>complain about
I mean you could consider that your rights were being fucked with. No one's rights are being fucked with in this case.

lynch mobs are running amuck, leftist politics in positions of power are encouraging them, the media is praising them, and nobody, in a position of power or not, is standing up to them

can someone give me a quick rundown? What the fuck is going on with reality and who is shifting the timelines, first negative interest rates, verge of economic collapse now stallman leaves fsf? were truly fucked jews truly have won

let's face it when stallman pawned off hiring to a bunch of weirdos they picked trannies and then it was curtains for foot cheese man

this is a lesson, never let lefties get ahold of your organization even if you're a lefty

they will end just like the red guards, but how many things will they take down with them?

>The leadership in Beijing also simultaneously tried to restrain and encourage the Red Guards, adding confusion to an already chaotic situation. On the one hand, the Cultural Revolution Group reiterated calls for non-violence. On the other hand, the People's Liberation Army was told to assist the Red Guards with transport and lodging, and help organize rallies.[10] By the end of 1966, most of the Cultural Revolution Group were of the opinion that the Red Guards had become too much of a political liability.[10] The campaign against 'capitalist-roaders' had led to anarchy, the Red Guards' actions had led to conservatism amongst China's workers, and the lack of discipline and the factionalism in the movement had made the Red Guards politically dangerous.[29] 1967 would see the decision to dispel the student movement.

>corporations tired of stallman for decades
>decide to wait for him to say yet another weirdo thing
>he says it
>corporations unleash their shame demons on social media
>they take over the fsf and license everything under the bsd license

It's not though. The Red Guards were clearly a tool being wielded and directed by the CCP to achieve their goals. It was the government turning a blind eye to a violation of rights and laws.

But there are no violations of rights and laws in this situation. People say "what about my freedom of speech?" but this is freedom of speech taken to its natural conclusion. There's no crime against harassing a person on twitter or harassing their organisation into ruining their life.

if you could solve it, what would you do?

im not really in touch with reality, but do these shame demons on social media actually have power? how do they unironically have influence over anything outside their basement? I just cant comprehend this

Seen some of this in action:

youtube.com/watch?v=8IIm2an8QkI

youtube.com/watch?v=A0W9QbkX8Cs#t=1m35s

send them to the countryside

>From 1962 to 1979, 16 to 18 million youth were sent to the countryside to undergo re-education.[38][39]

>Sending city students to the countryside was also used to defuse the student fanaticism set in motion by the Red Guards. On December 22, 1968, Chairman Mao directed the People's Daily to publish a piece entitled "We too have two hands, let us not laze about in the city", which quoted Mao as saying "The intellectual youth must go to the country, and will be educated from living in rural poverty." In 1969 many youth were rusticated.[40] Many students could not deal with the harsh life and died in the process of reeducation.

Honestly, it's an impossible situation.
You can't solve it without infringing on someone's freedom of speech in some capacity. These people have as much of a right to shit on Stallman and have him fired as you do to complain about it.

Maybe try to limit the scope of companies and organisations. Stop them from spreading into political territory unless they're explicitly a political organisation from the start. So their employees and members can hold political opinions and express them without it necessarily reflecting their workplace and groups. That way, they don't feel any pressure to cancel people that come under fire.

what many people do not realise is that in the post-hot-revolution, in Chinese society the revolution was continued and carried out using rhetoric, coercion and social pressure, not so much as military action. the tactics used by these people were the same. they would go to people's places of work and harass everyone into bending to their will. they would argue, threaten, and make people sign confessions. once they signed the confession they disappeared, they lost all their legal rights and standing in society. many committed suicide rather than sign the confessions.

i am telling you, and everyone here, this is the same exact thing happening today.

Definitely agree here. It’s a cancer slowly killing western society.

cringe