5.3 Kernel

>kernel update, mesa update and wine update all on the same night
IT'S FINALLY HERE! Best. Friday. Ever.

Attached: frontal_soyak.jpg (836x786, 148K)

Literally who gives a fuck
You don't update software unless it adds critical functionality or fixes issues you already have.

>only update for new funtionality and bugs, security fixes be damned
Found the Winblows user

It does add critical functionality though

i still have to choose between stutter or tearing, so who gives a fuck?

Dilate

But he's right.

Update your Windoze 10 now, pajeet

I use Linux.

Windows update is waiting for you to install the Intel mitigations

Why can't Mesa page flip multiple monitors at once on X.org? It makes my Tux Racer tear.

So I hear this comes with Navi support. Do you still have to wait for linux-firmware to get an update though? I heard you do. Just want to know whether to install gentoo now or wait for whatever gay firmware it might need

WELLL DUDES WE GOT THERE WITH LINUX AND FREEDOM GUYS

JUST DO IT INSTALL AND USE IT YEAH

COOOOOOOOMING!!!!

>waiting for releases
>not compiling the latest shit every time git is updated

wtf it broke Dash to Dock on gnome

Attached: 1445947006981.jpg (531x505, 87K)

>he uses gnome

I've been running gentoo with navi using the git-sources before 5.3 released. It's a pain in the ass to get running. What you need is the firmware, mesa 19.2, llvm 9, and 5.3. compile amdgpu as a module in the kernel and it should work. Prolly have to unmask llvm 9, I don't think it's in testing yet.

use dash to panel

Damn. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit more. Thanks for the info. I tried to install it before with the prerelease kernel, but then it would fail to boot or something.

oh and just for reference, what's a good indicator of when something should be compiled directly into the kernel, or when it should be compiled as a module?

>i still have to choose between stutter or tearing, so who gives a fuck?
Buy hardware from this decade and stop using Xfce.

LLVM 9 is in testing now, so there's no need to unmask
I have the almost everything of what I need compiled into the kernel, AMDGPU is the largest thing that I can think of that's still a module. The vmlinuz is only 13MB with using pf-sources instead of gentoo-sources, but I'm sure there's still a fair amount of crap that I can get rid of if I cared to dig deep enough

If the developer thinks you should update, you update. Unless you know better than the developer (you don't).

based and redpilled

>muh unupdated win7 is better
It's frightening how fucking stupid 95% of Jow Forums really is.

>randomly installing months worth of updates on top of critical fixes
no wonder retards say linux is unstable

This is correct.
Literally 99% big corp I worked for are very cautious when it comes to update.
Most of time for windows they rarely update anything at all, just the end-point.
No one dumb enough to update anything unless absolutely necessary.

Yeah, maybe from 1809 to 1903, but if your company can't make the switch from win7 to win10, leave. You're probably getting underpaid too.

see

Linux already has it

Personally, I used KDE for private, and works with Centos and Windows.

For KDE, the recent updates broke everything especially the stupid discover store.
For Centos, the recent 7.7 update fucked up something with mounting and it show warning every single time, many report were filed and there are no considerable effort to fix anything yet. For windows, if you cannot use windows 7 or 8.1, anything other LTSC is dumb (updates are controlled by administration).

Being a firmware developers and have many friends in the field, I don't really trust any developers.