IT FINALLY CAME GUYS

I got two 64 GB cf cards for it

Attached: IMG_20190920_215115.jpg (3456x4608, 2.12M)

neat

What a piece of junk.

Attached: user3495589_e67054eda825.jpg (540x432, 50K)

Great, I hope you only paid 300 bucks for it. Now you can play many 64kbit MP3s in TCPMP. And make presentations in pocket powerpoint. And pretty much nothing else

What will you use it for?
I'd have said to install that Mahjongg game but it only runs on MIPS

>not x86

Attached: 3a0.gif (250x250, 277K)

Media. I have 128GB total storage and a movie in PPC format is only about 300 MB so i can fit a shit ton of movies and cartoons on it

x86 is a power hungry poorly organized clusterfuck 70s design with new instructions added on every few years.

Are you seriously trying to watch videos on a 20 year old screen that has a response time in seconds

It works fine, i used to have one a few years ago and thats what i did.

ok zoomer

What the fuck are you going to do with 128 GB on a WinCE device?

>clusterfuck 70s design with new instructions added on every few years.
This is literally every established architecture in a nutshell. CPU architectures are not made to be static and anyone who believes otherwise is a retard, especially if they simultaneously give hugely fragmented architectures like ARM a pass. StrongARM's an extension of extensions from the '80s too, niggaaaa.

But yeah, x86 is still pretty pointless on a pure CE device. It made sense on the 95-200LX series because they were keyboard-driven DOS systems that could feasibly run PC software, but an Win3.x or 9x on a tiny embedded 386/486 system with touch input instead of a mouse would be suffering, might as well use a simpler design.

Not him but I'm a boomer who lived through Windows CE, understand why the common abbreviation "WinCE" is so appropriate for it, and I tend to agree. Jornada was a cool toy when it was released, but it's near useless for anything more than taking notes or writing a paper today.

It's pretty much for managing information, and that's all it was built to do.

128GB of spreadsheeeeeets

wait they can actually use up to 64 Gb on that thing?

And how is that useful today? Calendar? We have calendars that sync to online services and are accessible instantly from other devices. Email? We have access to that in our pockets without needing to go through some godawful sync process with a cable or IrDA transceiver. Rolodex? We have contacts that sync to the cloud and you can call one on the same device with a single tap. Spreadsheet? Yeah, sure, somewhat useful, but again the sync process leaves a lot to be desired.

I used my 690 a lot as a dedicated PIM for things I wanted to keep separate from my cluttered up personal cloud accounts and all of the other shit dancing around my internet-connected devices and it did a decent job at that, but the ability to work with desktop-compatible Office documents, databases in Pocket Access and various programming languages like Scheme was pretty nice, too.

It did nothing a newer smartphone or PDA didn't also do, but it did it in a format I enjoyed using more. Can't say I really care much about syncing either.

hey i have one of those, how's your battery? Mine gives about an hour

It's compactflash aka IDE, it doesn't have SD card limitations so it might work
Not OP btw

Mine too, im gonna rebuild it.

>not a Psion Series 7

Put some effort next time and I'm sure you will be able to find a better way to waste your money.

what piece of shit is that

what can u do with it tho