So supposedly Apple has the advantage in performance of the hardware as well as the optimization of the software...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZxGHofNSHm8

So supposedly Apple has the advantage in performance of the hardware as well as the optimization of the software, so why in the actual fuck does it lose in speedtests?

Attached: iphone_11_2.jpg (3165x2570, 2.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W68nuVxOXaE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wannabe youtube eceleb
>trusted speedtest

Attached: youtube unicorn.png (745x821, 467K)

no idea who is in the video but he just opens apps and records it so I can see which opens faster

Because when they talk about "better cpu features", they aren't taking about raw speed. What Apples SoCs have are more hardware accelerated features

I thought that shit kills in all synthetic benchmarks though and has higher number crunching throughput

im still using a phone from 2015 and its great. theres literally no reason to buy a new iphone 11

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1551234104663.gif (500x491, 355K)

>supposedly
Because Gookbench is literally made by an Apple employee.

oof

bass

>pajeet test

Because of longer animation time. Also, opening and closing apps is not a speed test you dumb n-word.

>"speedtest"
I hate Apple and iToddlers, but these speedtests are not testing the CPU speed at all, they test the speed of the flash storage
youtube.com/watch?v=W68nuVxOXaE

it's just ram, eventually the apps get restarted on the iphone. iphone is still faster day to day for 99% of people who don't open 8 apps in a fucking row

if that's the case, why have worse memory if it is the more noticeable factor in use?

>speed in things that people use their phones for 99% of tasks aren't valid!!!!
>things like performance in benchmarks that literally nobody gives a shit about is what matters!!!

Attached: 1555006712494.png (1036x1402, 378K)

>the more noticeable factor in use?
No, the most noticeable factor in use is when your phone lags while runnin an app
Watch the damn video shitposter. And don't insult me because I'm not a retarded itoddler

can you demonstrate this? where do I see the apple chip actually be faster? I know it performs better in some video encoding tasks, but I'd like to see it in the sort of usage that applies to most people

>WWWWWWWWHAT'S UP GUYS AND WELCO--
>ctrl+w
yeah yeah itoddlers etc

>I'd like to see it in the sort of usage that applies to most people

Attached: 1554431070182.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

The way to test CPU and GPU speeds would be by running games and see the framerate. But the youtuber pajeets almost never do that because it's better for their audience to feel like the underdog (SD) is superior by loading an app from the storage into the memory 0.5s faster than in an iphone or how different apps from different OS load different content at different speed.

Either way, flagship mobile CPUs right now are overkill for what the majority of the consumers need. A mid range SoC is all the consumers need. Manufacturers realized that so now they shill the camera features instead

yeah but I'm just looking for some sort of demonstration of this as from what I've seen your average phone absolutely destroys anything you throw at it, if that's the case, I don't understand why you'd want a more powerful soc being limited by i/o

>you'd want a more powerful soc being limited by i/o
A powerful soc handles the camera AI better and runs games smoother. Pajeet tests only show the speed of opening apps, not how the app performs when you use it. But still, SoCs are way too powerful for what the apps demand right now. I have a Mi9T, a Pocophone and a Mi9t Pro at home and I can barely feel any difference in performance in these 3 different SoCs. The only way for me to tell which one is more powerful is through gaming on PUBG (which I don't) or looking at synthetic benchmarks

well how com the google camera software performs basically on par and runs on piece of shit hardware? also aren't 99% of phone games designed to run on 5 year old phones

also with shit like picture processing you don't actually have to process the image instantly, you snap the photo and you can spend some time in the background processing it, so what difference does it make if it does it in 0.1s vs 0.5s?

Google has botnet and captchas to improve the algorithm of the camera app
> also aren't 99% of phone games designed to run on 5 year old phones
That's why I only mentioned PUBG and also added that the current flagship SoCs are too powerful for what the apps demand now.
>you snap the photo and you can spend some time in the background processing it, so what difference does it make if it does it in 0.1s vs 0.5s?
Normies want their selfies be processed instantly

but how come apple doesn't figure that actually shit like launching apps fast as fuck (something universal) isn't worth focusing on?

Launching an app accounts for less than 0.1% of the time you spend using the app and they don't need to compete with other manufacturers in terms of hardware. Why would they spend more for the same phone sales?

I mean the huge state of the art customs soc's are definitely costing them more than having that fast responsive storage and that storage seems to apply universally to every app

They can easily monetize that by saying "fastest SoC on a smartphone" and back it up with benchmarks.
Flash drive speeds are limited by i/o and depend on a lot of factors: type of app, type of content loaded, internet speed at a certain moment, how well optimized a certain app is for ios or android. And most importantly, consumers don't care: would you buy a S10+ instead of a OP7 pro just because they told you the OP7 Pro loads apps 0.1s slower?

well couldn't they also monetize with fastest smartphone and show their phone being the fastest in use?

Yeah, just like all the other OEMs bragging about how fast they load some app like in the pajeet tes- oh

I've not seen others advertise in terms of speed other than just stating they have the fastest qualcomm soc etc.

Apple haters accusing each other on definding apple. You guys are pathetic.

Is it your first day in /v/ - Technology? /v/irgins brought their console wars here and started all the brand faggotry wars and wojack spamming Intel-AMD, Nvidia-AMD, Android-Apple

your eye can't see above 30 fps

I just wanted to point out this particular example

leave this website child

Speedtests aren't real speedtests since they don't test the speed of a device but how well is an app ported and how long the animations are.

Games would be sub-optimal too given the different versions for each.

>watching some pajeet opening video games
this board is done

God damn that notch is so ugly

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I WANT A IPHONE NOW SO DAMN MUCH
FUCK YOU APPLE

you'd think iphone has the advantage in optimization every time

B A S E D

Attached: satanichia-taking-the-trash-out.jpg (748x443, 92K)

Uhm hahah.. "based" or something..

The hardware is fast and the software is optimized, but it spends 90% of its processing power wiretapping you. That """anonymized""" marketing data is just too valuable to pass up.

(you)

bass

nice

baste

you're paying for the Apple/Game Console experience. No curveballs, crazy shit surprises.

(are a sheep)

yikes

because "speed"tests are for retards who think that opening an app faster means it's a faster phone, are you a retard too user? you won't see "speed"tests of PC CPUs, right? then why the fuck are you watching "speed"tests of smartphones? why do you care if your new phone opens Twitter in 0.02s and your previous phone opened it in 0.05s? BTFO if you think these tests mean something

DELET

cringe

Wait why the fuck would you give a shit about the speed of your fucking phone anyway

Something about grown men and anime together makes me feel sick to my stomach

iOS and cheap and small amounts of RAM.
Android can do a lot of precaching on phones with 8+GB of memory, so applications load nearly instantly.
Autistics usually don't like that because they'd rather have the extra RAM go to waste, but it's a great feature.

loading time for apps is a horrible way to benchmark the a phones performance and will tell you nothing about the GPU.

>loading time for apps
Represents 99.99% of usage for 99.99% of smartphone users.

cope

basted

In addition to these two ( ), differences in cell reception and built-in antennas can really throw the results, which sucks because people keep using internet-based apps (Twitter, browser, YouTube, etc) for these tests, and since iPhone is using admittedly garbage Intel antennas whereas pretty much everyone else is using Qualcomm, the iPhone ends up appearing "slower," even though it's not actually the CPU that's the problem.

this, if you watch tests that involve rendering some long video, the iphone always beats its opponent but as soon as anything internet based shows up, it's game over.

t. ittodly

what did he mean by this

maybe so it doesn't take you five fuckin minutes to load asphalt 8 because your of your shitty phone storage?

cope

OK, my argument is not that iPhones are fast in some hidden way. It's just that people mistake the cause of their slow speed for the wrong thing. People think it's the CPU and it's not.
OP asked why Apple supposedly has the advantage in performance but keeps losing in YouTube speedtests. That's why.

t. ittodly

>phone does shit faster
>you're a retard for thinking that phone is faster

Represents 99.99% of usage for 99.99% of smartphone users.
Cope.

oh didn't realize opening apps slower makes it the faster phone, wow

Fuck Apple.

>pajeet accent

Because Apple has some top tier engineering talent that is being metaphorically choked out by faggot designers and jewish businessmen. Recently they seem to have been able to tell the designers to neck themselves, at least in their phones, because of how many scandals they've caused. But they're still beholden to the cheap businessmen considering one is the CEO.

Take 3d touch for example, a meme dreamt up by some designer who felt it made content more physical or some bullshit finally got cut because nobody used it and it freed up room to include actually decent battery sizes. This was probably only possible because they could get the business people on their side because it reduced costs too. Which is why lightning is still around even though it's inferior in every way to USB-C, businessfags see money and designerfags think it looks better.

Whenever Apple makes a shitty decision remember that an absolute retard had more say in it than the person who actually made it happen.

Attached: 1525263671849.png (899x899, 784K)

>top tier engineering talent
top tier keks

Attached: 1552180928629.png (709x869, 542K)

99.99% means normies just open and close apps without looking at the content. Like 10 hours of screen time, 9h 59 minutes are used for loading random apps and once it's loaded, go for the next installed app

yikes

They bought out Intel's wireless division. Their wireless chip sucks massive cock.

b

this

Attached: file.png (650x992, 104K)

Based Huawei

Why are you retarded?

kek

B

>Because of longer animation time
And in iOS13 they reduced all animations times so now these tests have to be done again or they're not valid. This is Jow Forums tho so people will mindlessly regurgitate a screenshot of whatever it is that backs their point regardless of how old or accurate it is.

bass

oof

B

Comparing "speed" across devices that are running different OS's is completely meaningless

cope

Now show the iPhone 11.

That's not really cope, that's just reality.

b

bass'd

bass desu

because you can store a finite data on their very small l1 and l2 private cache
aka its shit

Im tempted to buy a macbook or iphone 11 just to hide from kikebook but im too poor TT