/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL

Previous threads: [ archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//type/op/ ]
Last thread: [72773786]
- - - - - -
/cyb/erpunk
The alt.cyberpunk FAQ (V5.28) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview28.htm ]
What is cyberpunk?: [ pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ ]
Cyberpunk directory (Communities/IRC and other resources): [ pastebin.com/AJYry5NH ]
Cyberpunk media (Recommended cyberpunk fiction): [ pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx ]
The cyberdeck: [ pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg ]
- - - - - -
/sec/urity
The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.11) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview11.htm ]
"Shit just got real": [ pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0 ]
Cybersecurity basics and armory: [ pastebin.com/v8Mr2k95 ]
Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0): [ mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw ]
/sec/ PDFs: [ mega.nz/#F!zGJT1QQQ!O-8yiH845GN26ajAvkoLkA ]
Learning/News/CTFs: [ pastebin.com/WQhRYB59 ]
FTP Backup: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub
thegrugq OPSEC: [ grugq.github.io/ ]
#! sec guide [ pastebin.com/aPr5R1pj ]
EFF anti-surveillance [ ssd.eff.org/en ]
- - - - - -
Thread challenge: Write a Chrome extension that stuffs cookies. thehackernews.com/2019/09/browser-chrome-extension-adblock.html

NEW? Check the /sec/ Career FAQ and Cybersecurity basics links above. Learn to code, learn computer basics, learn networking THEN work on hacking. It's technical and hard, but fun. Want to hack now? Try Webgoat and use the cheats. Grab Penetration Testing A Hands On Introduction and see what you don't know enough about. Always use a virtual machine for reading PDFs.
Wanna be a punk? Read the What is cyberpunk? and start today!

Attached: cybsec reloaded.gif (400x440, 683K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.yahoo.com/exclusive-russia-carried-out-a-stunning-breach-of-fbi-communications-system-escalating-the-spy-game-on-us-soil-090024212.html
pentesterlab.com/bootcamp
thehackernews.com/2018/02/airgap-computer-hacking.html
youtu.be/wpWH-3tAou4?t=876
youtube.com/watch?v=BQPkRlbVFEs
youtube.com/watch?v=_9ErnoLVxCA
twitter.com/vk5qi/status/934005125932204032
rtl-sdr.com/tempestsdr-a-sdr-tool-for-eavesdropping-on-computer-screens-via-unintentionally-radiated-rf/
youtube.com/watch?v=BpNP9b3aIfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

god mode challenge: write a chrome extension that stuffs my boipucci

moshe?

who

How do I check if my router isn't chinked and sending stuff to Xi?

Attached: 112cae130a51a547c0e3c0c3155ee74a.jpg (564x851, 120K)

If that dumbass with the "todo" list shows back up, get rid of the section on cybergoths.
Everyone figured out they're just ravers with a latex fetish.

>news.yahoo.com/exclusive-russia-carried-out-a-stunning-breach-of-fbi-communications-system-escalating-the-spy-game-on-us-soil-090024212.html
>mid 2010s
>A major concern was that Russian spies with physical proximity to sensitive U.S. buildings might be exfiltrating pilfered data that had “jumped the air gap,”
>One factor behind U.S. intelligence officials’ fears was simple: The CIA had already figured out how to perform similar operations themselves, according to a former senior CIA officer directly familiar with the matter. “We felt it was pretty revolutionary stuff at the time,”
What are they talking about?

So the cia can do that to us??

All computer parts radiate sound or energy, from hard drives to keyboards to screens. In a controlled environment they could get information from that. So they had to assume their enemy was way ahead of them in that field. Because if something is theoretically possible, it might as well exist.

To add. It is currently popular to copy wifi signals and hope devices automatically connect to your spy device. And internet or connect to systems through that.

Your second post is right but your first is literally conspiracy bullshit, its technically possible but there is no way for it to happen IRL

I dont believe its practical. But its the job of security experts to take every theoretical risk into account. And decide if its an acceptable threat or not.

Well, yeah, but comsec/pemin is a rather old and well-tended field, and to the best of my knowledge there was simply no place for even a minor breakthrough in related maths or physics in '10s. Eh, it's probably nothing.

>If that dumbass with the "todo" list shows back up,
I am here in most threads.
>get rid of the section on cybergoths.
Why? The FAQ is about questions people may have.
>Everyone figured out they're just ravers with a latex fetish.
Well, why complain? It is not as if latex is alien to tech, pic. related.

Attached: u9iYzxWo7u4.jpg (1437x2160, 588K)

Easily. After all, they can always rely on government mandated backdoors. All telecom infrastructure has to comply with requirement for providing means for tapping communications. And the capacity is huge.

Is pentesterlab.com/bootcamp a good resource for beginners or is it a meme?
I'm not going to pay for it, so don't worry.

Interesting to see the US admits being able to exfiltrate across an air gap. I really, really wonder how they do that. Bad BIOS?

>literally conspiracy bullshit

You are gay.

>Well, why complain?
Because it has nothing to do with computers and that was resolved weeks ago.

>computers
That is a rather narrow view of what Cyberpunk is. Nootropics, just to take one example, does not have much to do with computers either.

Attached: CyberSuit2.jpg (1024x751, 98K)

>ftp

Nice cybersecurity

Attached: 1560175340701[1].jpg (1226x1080, 321K)

CPUs can be turned into antennas.

thehackernews.com/2018/02/airgap-computer-hacking.html

what game is your pic? google turns no results.

youtu.be/wpWH-3tAou4?t=876
it's a paid RE2 remake mod, but some russians leaked it
you should be able to google it

thanks user

Attached: 1568915434955.jpg (620x515, 66K)

no problem, other mod is "Claire Bicker Mod" from nexus

also reposting this so I contributed some more than just bitching about trash ftp protocols in 2019 (don't use them, they can be MITM intercepted by the NSA Quantum Insert project)

JPEG stego
youtube.com/watch?v=BQPkRlbVFEs

Battery Hacking for remote havoc
youtube.com/watch?v=_9ErnoLVxCA

Attached: e9af35bb.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

>all computer parts radiate energy
retarded wojak . png

Installed ParrotOS
Now what?

Attached: 1552732457596.jpg (480x480, 48K)

How good is 2 Factor Authentication?
My boss is convinced it’s easily breakable and it’s easy to keylog a phone. That true?

holy fuck if true

kys retards

twitter.com/vk5qi/status/934005125932204032

rtl-sdr.com/tempestsdr-a-sdr-tool-for-eavesdropping-on-computer-screens-via-unintentionally-radiated-rf/

youtube.com/watch?v=BpNP9b3aIfY

Attached: DPZAo38VwAEXygP.jpg orig.jpg (2048x1536, 411K)

>SMS/Email 2FA
Worthless.
>Authenticator 2FA
Better. You can still get fucked by keyloggers or being phished.
>U2F
The best

>java

>runs out of arguments
>shits on implementation
classic Jow Forums

On Android (yes I know inherently botnet, etc), what's the preferable way to block ads?
>adguard dns
>dns66 app
>personaldnsfilter app

yea why pay for something ever.

fuck you

uninstall and install a real os

Java's fine as long as you don't shit out your code like you couldn't care less about your work.
Telcos use Java Card (I think JCOP) for their SIMs.

It depends, I'd say it's better than nothing in any case. Are you being specifically targeted by a dedicated attacker because you have access to something super high value, or are you a nobody trying to protect some essentially worthless account? For the latter I'd say it can be quite good, accounts can easily be compromised via leaks from incompetent companies and this can mean that random nobodies from across the world can get to your account. It would be much more difficult for them to simultaneously get to your phone as well, or even to your e-mail account as long as you don't use the same password. If you're actually trying to protect something that might make you specifically a target of somebody very dedicated to getting in, then yeah shit like SMS or e-mail 2FA isn't that great.

Root: AdAway
No Root: NetGuard with Steven Black hosts

>as you don't shit out your code like you couldn't care less about your work.

this

the only people who complain about java are limp wristed faggots who use languages with lax syntax (python ruby etc)

protip: assume it is