Jow Forums Reading List

what books are you reading right now?

Attached: 20190921_114234.jpg (2064x1548, 872K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/HoTT/book
gustedt.wordpress.com/2016/11/25/modern-c-is-now-feature-complete/
gustedt.wordpress.com/2019/09/18/modern-c-second-edition/
eloquentjavascript.net/
getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2368a507-b949-430a-9bf9-3be66aad5686
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We /lit/ now?

Attached: 1516179398822.png (865x1645, 1.26M)

Introduction to Java Programming, Comprehensive Version
10th Edition

If yee must know

>actually recommending hegel
post modernists need to get out of technology, you're ruining it.

Reading this: github.com/HoTT/book

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hinako Note - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.55_[2017.06.03_19.46.39].jpg (295x347, 32K)

I always see Jow Forums posting these books around, I wonder if do they even read them.

The Gay Science
The Idiot
And re-reading LotR just for fun.

Hegel's an important stepping stone. One should never start or finish with Hegel but if you want to see how we get from Aristotle to Aquinas to Kant to Hegel to Nietzsche to modern existentialism, it's important to understand where he fits in.

I could never get into "Principles and Practice", once he starts talking about tokens and stuff his code becomes a mess. Such as using the character '8' as a token to represent any numbers just makes things look terrible. A Tour of C++ was so much better.

what's a good book to learn modern C, with explanations of make stuff, compiler optimizations, etc?

I'm looking for the Degree's worth of book on computer sciences for C++, C#, and Java. I managed to snag one for regular C

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:12e0a67ef6e9c12a12b272275ad132242ddfd90c&dn=CS%20Degree&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337

But I cannot find degree amount of books for C++, C#, and Java. [The Java one used for Minecraft I guess] Can any user help out?

I posted this on /wsr/ but very slow replies.

>existentialism
want to know how everyone knows you're a faggot?

Want to know how I know you're a bitch. Here's a hint: because you're a bitch. You bought into the 10 cents "ez guide to philosophy do's and don'ts" and thought it qualified you to speak with the big boys. But turns out you're still a flaky, indifferent, impotent bitch.

This one for the language.
gustedt.wordpress.com/2016/11/25/modern-c-is-now-feature-complete/

The middle one

Interesting, this book seems to be the most recommended for beginners to C++.

Attached: books.jpg (1080x720, 168K)

Just read SICP over and over again. Every subsequent read increase your programming skills by an order of magnitude. NO skipping or it doesnt work.

>actually reading ted's book
people like you easily fall for memes, dont they?

Attached: serveimage(17).jpg (326x499, 42K)

How's Three Easy Pieces?
Ted is acutely aware of how and why society is as sick as it is.

Is this book a substitute for K&R or is it just for the newer version of C?

What's wrong with that? Idiot.

It's just an ideal

I wish I could read
want to start reading the C++ effective series and that one reverse engineering book for beginners

user.... there's a 2nd edition out
gustedt.wordpress.com/2019/09/18/modern-c-second-edition/

>Nim in Action
Based, im also reading that

That's where I dropped it too. He probably confused the book's goal.

Best programming book for an intermediate
I see SICP but it's 30 pounds and I dont want to pay that much and fall for a meme is it really a good book?

ZigBee® Network Protocols and Applications

His book is appreciated across the political spectrum, it's no meme to consider his thoughts.

This is such a joke reading list I expect Bixby or some shit to give. Putting Proofs from the Book and Wittgenstein together with Design Patterns and TCPL....

If you want to become a LISP teacher, sure. For every other case, no.

>Phenomenology of Spirit
kek
also, most of Jow Forums has only ever read a few chapters of The C Programming Language and SICP

I'm gonna try nim soon, any tips user?

What book should I get then
I just want to be the best programmer I can, what is a hard book to start with, like a more modern SICP equivalent.
I am an unironic sperg and I would say I am very naturally good at maths and computing

>what is a hard book to start with, like a more modern SICP equivalent.
Concepts, Techniques, and Models of Computer Programming
Like SICP, this one is said to be best consumed after a few years of experience. I've done SICP but have yet to tackle this one.

Introduction to Algorithms, Computers and Intractability, Elements of the Theory of Computation, A Mathematical Introduction to Logic, Introduction to Linear Optimization (partially covered in ITA, look up nonlinear). Not in this order and not the whole books.
This will set you to a path about creating computation-oriented software. What are you looking to program specifically? I can give you more.

Who's behind the Nim shilling on Jow Forums

No idea

Attached: Leonard_Nimoy_mid_1960s.jpg (1102x1444, 388K)

Read Nim in Action, faggot

Conquest of Happiness by Bertrand Russell
great feels

hows nim compile times compared to fast compile languages like D or go? and with slow compile times like c++ or rust?

Nim compiles really quickly desu. It also has incremental compilation. Im not sure about exact numbers, you should test it yourself or look it up.

>How's Three Easy Pieces?
I'm about 100 pages in and enjoying it. Makes sense that I'm seeing a lot of the same patterns with data structures/algorithms and programming language design, but applied for the OS. Data structures all the way down. its free online if you want to sample it.
Not a meme. I read Techno Slavery and had to buy this one. I've probably read > 20 books on humans and the environment (e.g. "Can Life Prevail?") and Ted is up there. You know he's on to something when reading it.

Reading Clean Architecture.

looks good. I think I'm going to work through this book

Attached: book.jpg (913x1379, 207K)

Attached: 1569053593265.jpg (694x692, 105K)

The Holy Bible.

We all know SICP is a meme, so what are the actual best beginner programming books?

Attached: 1562699684234.jpg (624x532, 237K)

im slowly reading the entirety of lovecrafts shit and also reading a roadside picnic at the moment

read the power of now for a bit but like 30% of the way through it went from concentrating on the present moment and observing your thoughts like a third party to feeling emotional energy fields or some culty shit and i stopped reading there

Attached: alien.png (695x515, 372K)

Concrete Mathematics

Also Human by Caroline Elton, and going to start Permanent Record by Edward Snowden later.

hegel is required reading if you don't want to be purged this century. I'm looking at you facists

i read hegel and now want to purge everyone that does not look like me

Funny that a Kraut's ramblings inspired a Jew to turn the Talmud's ramblings into a political movement.

Attached: elements of statistical learning.png (646x795, 50K)

Started Elements of Programming. First chapter was easy to read but difficult to grasp. Its definition of values is more abstract than most programming languages have you believe

Some huge book Java or C# for developer real world applications.

Or fancy javascript book.
eloquentjavascript.net/

Half of a Yellow Sun

Wanted something outside of the fantasy and horror books I normally read, figured a story about the Biafran War would be an interesting change of pace.

I need to pick my SICP back up. Almost done with chapter 2 then the fun stuff starts

>godel, escher, bach
it seems that this list is a joke

tonight's stack *sips beer*

Attached: 1568762474541.jpg (3264x2448, 2.61M)

Been reading The Pragmatic Programmer but decided to stop after a few chapters. Why do people still recommend this book? I understand it was a ground breaking book when it came out, but everything in it is now incorporated into agile. There is no reason to read this book in 2019 other than to impress reddit and I'm sure some of you faggots here too

When the hell is their 3 easy pieces for distributed systems coming out? Apparently they are writing that and a book on computer systems at the same time because both are supposed to come out but neither of them are out. Fucking faggots

There is absolutely no reason to read that book. No one programs in scheme and it won't "make you a better a programmer." Functional programming is an academic proof of concept and you will be wasting your time reading that garbage

godel escher bach is a good one for computery people to read.

it may fill some gaps in your knowledge and also help you understand the reasons behind "agile". also help you spot fake/management agile.

I tried to look at this, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. There seems to be some relation to coding.

Can anyone explain?

Plz respond

getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2368a507-b949-430a-9bf9-3be66aad5686

Nice.

HoTT stands for
>H
>Omotopy
>Type
>Theory
The additional O is for historical reasons. Ask me if you're curious, but it's short and boring.

Well, let me put that all aside. Your post seems to link to a video of someone asserting
>The Bible's a hot book.
I don't really want to argue for or against the bible, or any other religious text. Only, I want to have a discussion about technology, i.e.\ the subject of the board I am posting on.

Best book for learning data science/data mining? Preferred if it has less to none business bullshit and tools shilling

>Nim in action
LOL

idk, nim seems like unnecessary horseshit. It doesn't fill any niche.