Safari 13

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
WHY

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAA.png (832x286, 318K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/el1t/uBlock-Safari/issues/158
adguard.com/en/welcome.html
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/blob/master/platform/safari/README.md#safari-platform
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FUCK

github.com/el1t/uBlock-Safari/issues/158

Who cares? Literally no one uses Safari.

I've never used a browser other than Safari. What should I switch to?

iToddlers BTFO

Attached: SKM.gif (500x491, 355K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

B A S E D AND R E D P I L L E D

Apple now requires you to pay $100 a year to publish Safari extensions. For "security".

Just use Adblock and enable it in preferences -> extensions.

AdBlock is trash and sells your data. Cookie stuffing fraud

Besides, there's a work around to make Safari 12 extensions work on v.13.
But why use that when you can just use Vivaldi...

Apple is trash and sells your data. You're already PAYING to get spied on.

Attached: 1561859356127.png (1099x885, 269K)

So does Google, Facebook etc...
have sex, incel.

Adguard works just fine with Safari 13
adguard.com/en/welcome.html

Attached: Adguard.jpg (1260x750, 36K)

Attached: 1551718917050.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

Google and Facebook spy on you by providing you with free services.
Apple spy on you and then charge you for it.
You are a fucking cuck, LMAO.

>implying I ever paid for an apple product or service in my whole life
>what is hackintosh
>what is getting an iPod touch hand-me-down from a family member
Try harder next time incel ;)

dilate

Vivaldi

The only thing for me to dilate is your mother's vagina hahaha :^)

A little bit of a base, a little bit of a red pill

Typical Apple shenanigans. Maybe some of the wealthy userbase can donate to uBlock to make this happen.

> EXTENSION NO LONGER SUPPORTED
ahahahahahahahahaha. oh my fucking sides. amazing.

Attached: 1545216291111.png (870x864, 1.15M)

ENJOY YOUR ADS AND AIDS

Based and debirupilled

ITODDLERS BTFO
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/blob/master/platform/safari/README.md#safari-platform

Attached: Screenshot-2019-9-20 gorhill uBlock.png (991x467, 45K)

>this is the content that moderation is endorsing in Jow Forums's own sticky
and people wonder why Jow Forums is dead

Good. Fuck itoddlers

Attached: 1550988418469.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

not the op you are arguing with, but op is right. you are a faggot.

There are adblockers that work still. I switch to AdGuard a long time ago. But what doesn't work for me anymore is Send to Pocket which is fucking annoying since I use that all the time.

>extension doesn't work on a browser literally no one uses anymore

you could use Adguard instead. The real problem is tempermonkey.

Another reason to skip Catalina then. It is really obvious by now that this is an actual DOWNGRADE

Nobody ever used safari, its like ie, just there to download the browser you want to use

I use it for work related stuff. It remembers all the passwords in keychain.

You shouldn't be using one browser for everything anyways idiot. It just makes it easier to track you.

dilate, tranny

>what is keepass
>what is user agent switcher

>user agent switcher
>cookies
what is a retard? ((( You )))

I use keepass, but keychain is just more convenient and integrated. Requires less work and saves your passwords on icloud and is accessible via phone.

>user agent switcher
>cookies
what is a retard? ((( You )))
You don't clear cookies when you close your browser? idiot.

>keychain is just more convenient and integrated. Requires less work and saves your passwords on icloud and is accessible via phone.
And there's a back door for the FBI built in. So convenient.

most safari users didn't run ublock origin
the mac users that do run firefox or chrome

Attached: 1566338209114.gif (1200x630, 269K)

>You don't clear cookies when you close your browser? idiot.
what are you? a retard? If you clear the cookies it will log you out of all the sites you are using.

Just STFU and go suck some dicks autist. You clearly don't know wtf you are talking about.

>yet people still buy Appleshit like there's no tomorrow

Attached: 1566712045778.png (466x486, 81K)

install waterfox

mozilla literally just did this same bullshit with firefox and none of you spoke up

>people

Attached: 1553659457087.jpg (996x954, 319K)

>If you clear the cookies it will log you out of all the sites you are using
If you stay logged in to everything it's trivial for them to track you.

not if you use different browser as I've suggested earlier idiot

>he doesn't know

There is a lot of confusion around this issue. Some people are taking this to mean that Safari has completely banned ad blockers, which isn't the case. Instead they've switched to a model that matches what they've been doing on iOS which is content blocking. Content blockers give Safari a list of triggers and actions to take when something matches a trigger.

For example; you can have a trigger which contains a regex that matches all images and stylesheets for a given domain. The action can be one of several options, one of which is to block that item.

One advantage this technique provides over ad blocking is that there's no data to be phoned back home. It is, in essence, a mask that is applied to a web page before rendering. Also, it's very lightweight. It's literally just a JSON document which means Safari can perform better.

Now, I'll admit it's not foolproof. Apple and the content blockers have some work to do on it. I'm noticing some issues with it myself after having upgraded to Safari 13. But from a privacy perspective, I personally much prefer this technique.

There is no real reason to remove the support for legacy extensions. They still could have allowed them like in safari 12, while encouraging developers to use the new API.

Now, all those extensions need to be rewritten and posted to the app store. Which means extension developers need a Mac and a developer account ($100 yearly). This means most of them won't get ported to support safari 13. Which also means, many of those that get ported won't be free anymore.

Lel thank goodness I'm not an iToddler :)

Supporting legacy anything is not a very apple thing to do.

I mean, they are removing everything 32 bit.

yep, they don't give a fuck about the inconvenience on their users

Yet it will be the only significant browser that still allows extensions like uBlock, once rolls out its API change.

Heck yeah we did

Firefox. Way faster and smoother than you remember. Was on Brave for a month because FF was fucked on Catalina beta, but even Brave is absolute shit compared to FF.

opera

Fuck Jow Forums

qutebrowser or SeaMonkey
Install w3m while you're at it

It's only a free trial, not free free.

Absolutely proprietary.

SEETHING

Attached: 1539813642039.gif (514x900, 140K)

>It's only a free trial, not free free.
what, are you poor? can't even afford a few bucks for internet privacy?

>Using Safari
Even dumber than I expected.

I feel you, and yet, we're still here.

Attached: 1569055184202.jpg (2500x2500, 1.01M)

I think firefox is faster and looks better than Safari. I use both though.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-21 at 10.50.24.png (1440x900, 364K)

Read the link

Firefox Nightly. They just fixed the five-year-old issue where it sets your MacBook on fire, so it's actually usable now.

That's not the problem here. The problem is that Safari just did what Chrome is planning to do in a couple of months: intentionally torpedo uBlock Origin. (I'm sure they did it for the sake of the 0.1% performance boost and not because of pressure from advertisers.)

That was like five years ago and there was a massive outcry. Mozilla didn't give a shit, of course.

God so many entitled babies on Jow Forums who can’t fork over $5 for 1Blocker. Why do you expect people to maintain and update adblockers free of charge in perpetuity? Shit isn’t a fucking charity, they’re giving their time and expect reasonable compensation in return.

At least the content blocker API gives you peace of mind that the developer isn’t collecting your entire browsing history. Oh wait this is the board where faggots defend Google and use Chrome and Android unironically.

compile ungoogled-chromium from source

That was the day I switched to chromium.
Fuck mozilla.

Mozilla said it will keep extensions like ublock origin working as usual

Amen

>the five-year-old issue where it sets your MacBook on fire
Imagine hardware engineered so poorly that it could be damaged by misbehaving unprivileged application.

> Why do you expect people to maintain and update adblockers free of charge in perpetuity?
Because they actually do it, you fucking shill. uBlock is free and none of the devs or list maintainers are complaining.

You are so full of shit nigger.

>did the SAME bullshit
No, they didn't. The switch from xul to webextensions is completely different from saying "fuck off" to one or two addon which would work just fine otherwise.
>and none of you spoke up
Only a few thousands of threads were created about the mandatory webext switch you fucking newfag.

based

Attached: smuggetto.gif (500x282, 677K)

Do webms work yet?

Fuck Safari. When I go onto Yahoo the ad videos start running by themselves now. Even when I press the Mute All Tabs button, the ads keep playing at full volume. Its such bullshit. I may need to either stop using Yahoo or go to FireFox/Chrome

>safari

Attached: ur a faget.png (225x225, 5K)

People wont stop posting about apple (because its technology, whether we like it or not) and people wont stop spamming every thread that even mentions an apple product with the same inane comments. Its an endless shitposting cycle and its embarrassing. The quality of the board has somehow gotten worse. I wish I could leave...

Attached: its-all-so-tiresome-8881488.png (500x478, 92K)

Uninstall Flash Player genius

>Why do you expect people to maintain and update adblockers free of charge in perpetuity?
Because that's the only way to avoid corruption Once profit motive comes in you get "acceptable ads."

>Do webms work yet?
not in safari

There’s no incentive to take money from ad companies when your development is funded directly by users. That would only happen if — wait for it — you give away the software.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

DESAB

BASF

Attached: BASF-green-logo-1.jpg (400x400, 26K)

most appletards don't even know what adblocking is

Then leave

Attached: satanichia-taking-the-trash-out.jpg (748x443, 92K)

appletarts haha

pale moon, seamonkey, firefox, ungoogled chromium

>botnetOS
It doesn't matter what browser you use since Apple keylogs your every keystroke anyway.

What's your problem, bruh? Too poor to buy a system global Adblocker?

It actually works pretty good, and blocks better since it works without the limits of what a browser extension can do, being Safari or Chrome.

Attached: box_en.png (1500x1500, 263K)

Gay sex

Meanwhile you can still install programs in Windows made 17 years ago.

DESIGNATED

Attached: 1543392539466.png (828x1418, 166K)