Long range bluetooth

Is there a way to create a really long range bluetooth connection? I want to use my smartwatch without my smartphone being nearby, even if I'm 50 miles away. I'm in Europe so LTE watches won't work.

Attached: blue.jpg (728x546, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/watch/cellular/
samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/carrier/
consumer.huawei.com/en/wearables/watch2/specs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You would need a UHF antenna powerful enough to cook an egg by pointing at it, GPS tracking and automatic motors to point the antenna directly at you, a big fuck-off tower to put the antenna high above anything that might get between it and you, the necessary training and loicensing to operate UHF radio equipment, and tens of thousands of dollars yearly reserving the exact frequency your watch operates on so you don't interfere with anything else and nothing else interferes with you

or a burner phone

>Is there a way to create a really long range bluetooth connection?
Yes. You just need some really good equipment (you obviously have to modify the hardware of the devices) and make sure that the government doesn't get in the way of your insanity.

But seriously, no, not a chance.

I was thinking more about some kind of bluetooth-to-wifi adapter that lets you connect to another one of its kind over the internet. But I don't know if something like that exists and if it is small enough. Otherwise I might as well just carry my phone.

>the government doesn't get in the way of your insanity.
Government?
If that dipshit blacks out every devices in the area with his turbo transmitter, then he should fear the anger of everyone.

Bluetooth over WiFi
Probably need to create vpn in your home network and some other setup

>carrying a device with you to somehow tunnel a BT connection over the Internet just so you don't have to carry your phone

Attached: 1564593540266.png (1062x942, 301K)

You wouldn't have to carry your personal data with you in a format that can be stolen or lost easily.

Anyone?

Bluetooth by design are low powered and short range. How dense are you?

>I'm in Europe so LTE watches won't work.

Attached: w.png (800x729, 48K)

I mean I don't think there are any smartwatches that support European 4g bands yet.

Well?

You can use a smartwatch without a phone nearby, just connect it to the wifi

But you can't call or use stuff like whatsapp though.

why the fuck would you want to make a phone call on a watch nigger

Why not? Some watches like the Samsung Galaxy Watch can do it afaik. Seems cool to only carry a watch that can do most things a phone can do.

you're either retarded or don't know how to search in which case I would advise to stay away from anything remotely related to technology.

Here's your spoon feed faggot:

apple.com/watch/cellular/
samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/carrier/
consumer.huawei.com/en/wearables/watch2/specs/

Attached: GFY.gif (500x281, 2.4M)

>BLUETOOTH
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1559515210831.jpg (229x221, 13K)

Thanks but I suppose I misspoke. Parts of Europe are still not covered, including where I live.

Get a LoraWAN kit. Low energy long range radio technology, will have to work on it a bit before getting something to work.

No. Don't they have ones that work on 2g or 3g? And why is LTE not viable? Don't they have 4g in Europe?

In my country (Netherlands) LTE watches don't work due to the frequencies not being supported yet or something.

They don't make ones that use the right bands?

I can't find much information on it, but afaik no. Maybe some unknown Chinese brands or something but nothing mainstream.

The phrase you're looking for is "internet of things"

Internet of things that shouldnt have internet*

I have no idea what he's talking about.
AFAIK the only frequencies unavailable in the Netherlands are some 5G bands because the secret service uses them.

Dude I don't fucking know. The only thing I've found is several articles explaining that the Apple Watch 4g and Samsung Galaxy Watch 4g won't connect to 4g in the Netherlands for some reason or another. Now that I look into it a bit more, there's something about Dutch providers not using e-sim or something. I guess it's not about the bands, but about this e-sim thing?

Ok I figured it out. So I had looked this up a while ago and I really thought I read something about certain bands not being supported.

Anyway, it turns out that it's eSim that's not supported by Dutch providers. The bands are fine, but eSim support by the provider is needed to use LTE smartwatches independently of the actual smartphone. There is 1 provider in the country who has started supporting it fairly recently. I suppose I could either switch to that provider, or wait a few months and hope other providers follow suit soon.

I think every provider will support e-SIM within a year.

Let's hope.