Why?

why don't kids hack shit anymore? why are there no attacks on big companies or celeb photo leaks? Is computer security a solved problem now?

Attached: computer-hacker2.jpg (846x571, 75K)

All of this still happens? Although you don't always know if it was "kids". Even in the past it mostly wasn't only kids.

>Is computer security a solved problem now?
lol no
most people just figured they'd rather work as a whitehat instead

other than cryptolock and phishing pretty small places i haven't seen much for a long time :(

hacktivism was a very short term fad, most people with skills taking serious legal risks want to make money

how to hack fortnite vbucks?

so the battle may have been won on a more social level?

everyone hates SJWs I just wonder why someone hasn't hacked their phones and stolen their nudes yet that's all..

> i haven't seen much for a long time
Wait, did you see much in the past? Where did you see it?

In some circles where mostly security and stuff is discussed, you hear a lot - but these are more often than not "boring text news". Some of them certainly make it here to Jow Forums.

Because Windows 98 and whatever the fuck kinda outdated hardware and software was used in the boomer days has huge security holes that were easily exploitable, but nowadays software is almost perfected, both with performance and security, which is why is doesn't happen

t.b.h it never really was all that much about crappy OSs more about social engineering but whatever. surely the attack surface is much large r these days?

i mean even in the mainstream news. fappening, lizard squad etc.. kids fucking shit up

OR get recruited by government agencies and collect backdoors for future cyberwarfare

The mainstream news do pick up a bunch of things.

But instances of, say, someone loosing 60k or 300k accounts including all associated files is apparently not interesting enough to the "general public" to stay in the news now. It's reported once if at all, usually.

Arguably, very little other than famous people and epic human misery stories are capable of doing this now, right?

yeah it could be a little to do with oversaturation in the news.

>i haven't seen much for a long time
Only because you aren’t looking.

>nowadays
>performance
>security
Stop user I can just laugh so much

If non-state actors can hack a company these days, the company doesn't care about security to begin with.

Nowadays it's just cryptolockers that arrive by dumb employees falling for phishing emails. If all companies just used applocker, problem would be completely solved.

It was way easier 10+ years ago.

Not a single thing you said is true.

you realize that large scale hacks have actually increased in frequency right, with almost all of the biggest data breaches of all time happening within the last 2 years

people don't write viruses to make a frowny face get stuck on your screen anymore, now people use it to make large amounts of money

>celeb photo leaks?
back in the day with the celeb photo leaks

zoom zoom

>Windows
>perfected

You heard of the fappening right?

Perhaps because it's boring business as usual it's just not real in the mainstream news. A new password dump isn't particularly exciting

zoom zoom zoom

Because no one wants to end up getting sued or jailed for hacking someone's shitty website.

Dude it was half a decade ago and I'm in my late thirties

Kids never hacked shit you deluded mongoloid, and neither did you.

security business is infested with womyn and trannies now

they don't know how to hack

Stop projecting.

kids used to hack shit back in the day when cybersecurity was a meme. I "hacked" my banks wifi while I was waiting for my mom to finish work because wifi used to basically have zero security protocols whatsoever. and windows would just share all drives by default on networks so you could literally browse into people's C: drive and delete their system32.

to get acess to phones gallery you need phisical access.

How comfy was the hacktivism era though?

Many reasons, including the fact it's infinitely harder now, but mostly because the law is being significantly more heavyhanded on this and that surveillance state means it's way easier to know who did it.

>half a decade ago
no
no it wasn't

Nowadays most hacks are kept a secret and sold to the highest bidder. Moreover most software is chockfull of backdoors so you get the idea. Example: isn't it strange that every proprietary video communication software on phones has a "bug" where someone can call your number without being in your friendlist and get video access without triggering your camera LED, yet not a single opensource solution has this issue?

2014 was half a decade ago.

oh that's funny. I work as a security analyst at one of the 3 letter agencies.

Now go fuck yourself, idiot. What I described is literally 90%+ of all attacks from non-state actors.

I'm sure your little cushy enterprise experience (with just 1 company) is way more indicative than the 30+ enterprises I assist with compromises on a weekly basis.

>retard larp

Pretty much nothing has changed in operating systems for over 40 yrs. Everything is built on the original Unix code and networking stills runs on TCP/IP. Sure, the icons look prettier, under the hood it's the same old garbage.

The old telnet scripts don't work anymore and Kali can only help your average script kiddie hack some starbucks network or make some SSH crawler. Security is more automatic nowadays

pepe.jpg