Will it be good?

Will it be good?

Attached: Intel_i9_9900KS_2.jpg (2436x2436, 466K)

Other urls found in this thread:

4gamer.net/games/446/G044684/20190705008/
notebookcheck.net/10-core-Intel-Core-i9-10900X-disappoints-in-Geekbench-scores-10-less-than-the-AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X-in-multicore-tasks-and-falls-up-to-2-3x-behind-the-Threadripper-Zen-2-series.434985.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's Intel, there's no way it'd be good
Maybe if it was 70% off it'd have some reason to exist, but unless that happens it's trash

That's just ridiculous, at least pretend that you're here to have real discussion instead of just shitposting.

but i am serious
I was stupid enough to buy into 7700K when it came out and i still regret it, fortunately i'll be switching to Ryzen in a month or two

not who you're responding to but why

Attached: 6b87243.jpg (720x720, 56K)

If you're a professional then i see your point, but for gaming rigs the 7700K still btfos most Ryzens to this day, it was a good CPU for its time.

why not go to siliconlottery to buy a binned 9900k and let us know right now

>I was stupid enough to buy into 7700K
the 7700K is like the modern-modern day 2400. It's was an amazing processor for the time, and will be around for 10 years easy.

for instance, Intel's socket policy - literally changing the socket every two fucking generations, blocking any upgrade paths
in fact, it's even worse now - 8th and 9th gen Intel processors still use the same LGA socket, it's just that the processors refuse to work on the boards - and they're compatible considering people managed to "hack" motherboard firmwares to allow it

Intel is all about fucking over the consumer, unfortunately
thing is, if AMD hasn't stepped back into the game we'd still be stuck on Intel's mainstream 4C/8T platform and 1-2% yearly incremental upgrades
Now their hand has been forced enough to actually start developing shit and in three years consumer platform core counts doubled or even tripled

are you new or do you not know what he's talking about? the 7700k is almost kaby lake x tier, it was usurped extremely fast and anybody who bought it got cucked to shit

>but for gaming rigs the 7700K still btfos most Ryzens to this day
when your IQ starts with 0

Yeah nobody disagrees that Intel as a company fucking sucks ass, but that doesn't justify ridiculous statements like the 9900KS being pointless unless it's in the price class of the 3600.
Even the standard 9900K wins significantly in gaming performance over any Ryzen on the market, there obviously is a market for these at the higher price classes.

the 9900ks is just a binned 9900k you can already buy them

Yeah for ~$1000, i strongly doubt the KS will be that expensive.

Just buy a Ryzen

I did, it sucks ass in older games.

>Just buy a Ryzen
And live with regret...

are you joking? no modern processor has any trouble with older games.

Attached: 1562944545937.png (801x1500, 1.05M)

it's actually hilarious that people are more hyped for a 9900k re-release than the new line of hedt intel chips because they already perform worse than a 3900x

I'm not talking ancient tier, but games from about 3-8 years ago don't utilize all of my cores properly, i would've been better off going with an Intel that has better singlecore performance.

what kind of retard meme is this? zen 2 has no trouble running games 3-8 years old and you will be gpu bound in any kind of bottleneck that actually matters

I have a 9900K and I will be purchasing 9900KS when it comes out becuase I'm not amdpoorfag incel. I want things to just work.

>when you burn money like a nig
intcel

Niggers are the target AMD market since they're poor and cheap af.

Intel is the white mans processor.

blacks are the ones burning money on shit the second the dollars are in their hands. gotta have dose jordans. gotta have dem rims bruv. gotta have dat 9900kys even if it's not worth the money. who cares about tomorrow I'll spend today

that's bullshit and you know it
give some specific examples with data or fuck off

Recently bought a 3700x and I knew it's performance is slightly behind in games compared to intels, but the price/performance was just really good for a mix of games and work, where it really shines and often comes out ahead

I can't consistently hit 60 fps in a populated city in FFXIV with a 3600, i know people with 3700X and 3900X who can, but it shouldn't cost that much to hit a consistent 60 fps in a 5 year old game with Ryzen.

>shit stuttery housefire in games
>shit in productivity
>shit security and pozzed to hell

Attached: 1565335339961.jpg (608x369, 106K)

4gamer.net/games/446/G044684/20190705008/

the problem is your gpu

Attached: 048.png (511x243, 20K)

get new GPU

I have a 2060, there's absolutely no way it's the bottleneck at 1080p in that game.
It's very clearly a CPU issue since it only happens when there's a lot of players doing stuff, when i'm in my house in the game i easily hit 150+ fps.

Kek, look at the AMDrones and just laugh!

>I'm not amdpoorfag incel
>I want things to just work
>Niggers are the target AMD market since they're poor and cheap af
BASED

>
>
>
>
>
>Kek, look at the AMDrones and just laugh!
>
>>I'm not amdpoorfag incel
>>I want things to just work
>
>>Niggers are the target AMD market since they're poor and cheap af
>BASED

Attached: 1560228829446.png (519x543, 151K)

But will it run a 10x10 400 pop fortress?

>I was stupid enough to buy into 7700K
Ok show us a screencap of your specs ranjeet or fuck off

>I have a 9900K and I will be purchasing 9900KS when it comes out becuase I'm not amdpoorfag incel. I want things to just work.

Attached: 1491958654249.png (653x726, 84K)

so, who's the idiot who will buy this and then get cucked by the 10900K?

>new line of hedt intel chips
Wait, there's a new line of Intel HEDT chips coming? I didn't even know, most people doing HEDT stuff only care about the 3900X and 3950X now.

No, wait for the Extra Special Edition 9900KYS

maybe he forgot about the 8700k. or the 9700k. or the 3700x. hm.

>Wait, there's a new line of Intel HEDT chips coming?
yes and there's zero hype about it because the benchmarks are already so disappointing,

notebookcheck.net/10-core-Intel-Core-i9-10900X-disappoints-in-Geekbench-scores-10-less-than-the-AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X-in-multicore-tasks-and-falls-up-to-2-3x-behind-the-Threadripper-Zen-2-series.434985.0.html

trailing the 3900x in both single AND multicore

this is before the 3950x and threadripper even come out. intel is desperately holding on to the 9900k, which is obvious given the upcoming release of the 9900kys being the only thing anybody actually cares about. and it's literally a 9900k re-release

how embarrassing

how does intel even release that shit? are they going to charge less than $500? the 9900x msrp was $1k not even a year ago, and the successor is going to launch as a worse version of a $500 cpu
thats a yike

wew lad, never even heard of this shit until now. Stillborn HEDT chips that are already outclassed by a mainstream $500 chip.

Attached: cynthia laughing.png (1000x1000, 195K)

sir please delete this sir please I am begging you it is my authentic request to you

It is a pure stunt SKU that will do little stop 3950X from raping it in areas that matter.

Wrong, the 9900k at best it is merely 10-15% faster then 3900X at gayming bullshit when it is CPU-limited.

It closer to 2-5% in most modern stuff and actually falls behind with stuff that uses more than four threads.

You can easily get the same level of performance with an lesser Coffee Lake R SKUs with some arm-chair overclocking.

sir please I am begging you you must delete this immediately sir please I wish you will immediately sir

It's cheaper than a 3900X and either performs slightly better or significantly better depending on what you play, with only a tiny fraction of games favoring Ryzen.
I don't see how that isn't a clear cut win for the 9900K in gaming.

The absolute state of jews

It doesn't even have a stock cooler so no, it's not cheaper.

I don't think that a ton of people buying $400-500 CPUs would use the stock cooler anyway, you slam a fat Noctua or Be Quiet! one on there if you wanna stick to air cooling.

Core i9-10980XE Cascade Lake-X 18-Core Monster

Attached: geekbench_cascade_lake_x_2.png (708x774, 104K)

Don't stock iMacs get like 7k single core?

lower bench than the 3950x in both single core and multi core. how embarrassing.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaan can't they just say fuck it and increase the die size by a factor of 2 or 2.5 and slap some additional cache on it and call it a day?! Wouldn't that solve some speed problems? Move a fuckin' whole GiB into L1, what would that cost?
Build it 3d, in like a stepped spheroid around the cores.

>Move a fuckin' whole GiB into L1, what would that cost?
the problem is that this would increase the latency of the whole chip, you can't just put as much memory as you want on
maybe someday with 3d xpoint but not today

Wait for 10700k

>"""upgrading""" to a factory-overclocked version of the same CPU
Only /v/toddlers are retarded enough to do this, but then again, only /v/toddlers were retarded enough to buy the 9900K in the first place.

You say that while posting on the board where people buy 12 core CPUs to shitpost and watch youtube.

Yes, but its shitposting and watching youtube AT THE SAME TIME

Backdoored with ME so they can listen in on you like they did with Trump

Attached: intelbtfo.png (590x223, 30K)

Attached: 1536151708557.jpg (999x965, 158K)