Be MIT

>abolish SICP / Scheme intro course because itoddlers complain it is "too hard", replacing it with a babby-tier python course
>fire Richard Stallman for exhibiting his classic autismo pedantry, using him as a scapegoat for all of MIT's ties to Epstein
>encourage spread of gender communism and diversity in comp sci/engineering/tech

why is this place even still considered a top-tier CS institution?

Attached: mit.png (1200x1196, 570K)

I'm looking forward to Asia (mainly China) stomping on our asses for the next 20 years because they don't tolerate social justice shit.
They have a word for those people, baizo.

they are exporting their surveillance state technology around the world

Attached: WHY.jpg (658x470, 212K)

Does this make carnegie mellon the best cs school in the country now.

t. Pennsylvanian

>iToddlers
I think you meant (((diversity))) enrollees.

Silicon Valley already beat them to it.
Software that bans you from business, transport and even insurance packages because of your online behavior are already in use.

No, it will never stop having a retarded name that makes it sound like a meme.

no, Caltech because they are one of the few schools that dont have affirmative action bs.

Every college rating system is
- biased toward their base country (e.g. THE will automatically rate all US unis 10 positions+ higher than they should be)
- using crafted metrics (e.g. diversity of staff and/or students, self-reported approval of the school on the part of students) to artificially manipulate the scores
- using arbitrary weighing of said metrics to achieve the desired score

MIT is still very good, sadly, but stanford, for instance, has been dogshit for decades. That said, not only are ratings completely disconnected from any useful reality, but they also represent what hiring people will look at before all else and therefore must be followed anyway.

China has a lot of social justice shit, it just works in different ways. Moreover china is never stomping anybody because the only thing they know how to do is lie, cheat, and steal other people's work. China work ethic is 100% dominated by politics, whereas it's less than 50% in the US.

>China work ethic is 100% dominated by politics
In the US politics are dominated by companies instead.
Both of them are bad, it's up to your personal opinion which one is worse.

By politics I mean office politics, as in you rise to the top by backstabbing, lying and manipulating and never by being competent.

>you rise to the top by backstabbing, lying and manipulating and never by being competent
>country has a whole separate branch of the government tasked with assessing work performance through periodical reviews and peer testimony that's your only ticket to become anything of note
>dude they just cheat and backstab
ok

Ah, so you're a retarded then, I just didn't want to assume so I misinterpreted your post.
The USA established and spread the office politics game across the world, China is just like with many other things copying the west.

Python makes money. SICP and Scheme don't. So don't teach SICP and Scheme.

And a ching chong ning nong to you too young lady. Enjoy the knives in your back, I'll be over there being good at what I do and actually getting things done.

And this is why we will lose WWIII. Well, and the enemies already inside the gates. But it’s all connected.

Fuck you on about schizo? I'm not in this profession for fun and brownie points.

It’s 白再, baizai.

MIT was critical to the research which led to us winning the war. Teaching drone ‘coders’ Python so they’re able to code with the Pajeets isn’t a good use of a strategic resource like a university,

It’s why communists targeted higher education, and continue to do it up until today.

Because state colleges are so much worse and less rigorous

These are just programming languages bro, text files. Python has incredible employment rates, small development times, and many area of application. All contrary to Scheme.
Caring is a very marketable skill, so pay me to care about Scheme.

But SICP is guaranteed-unemployment-tier academia meme. And Stallman is a child-rape-denying commie, and he was 100% for SJW bullshit. MIT got better. You're just seething because muh real communism has never been tried.

Being incapable of seeing the decline because of your own short sighted goals is very fitting in the clown world of 2019. You’re gonna make it, kiddo. Don’t forget to cooom regularly.

Congratulations. This is the most stupid post I've read today.

You are actually missing out on some true gems.

Ah, typical freetard. Can't deal with facts so resorts to ad hominem.

>top-tier
umm, I think someone wants to have a minute with you

Attached: cheeky_terry.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

I recommend the sci threads about 0.999...=\=1, where people who certainly have never done highschool mathematics discuss the philosophy of real analysis.

gb2/pol/

>MIT

Attached: MIT-campus-wallpaper-5.jpg (1600x1200, 228K)

lol

>t. I couldn't get into Stanford
Heh, nothing personal kid

And now, after Stallman, nobody's talking about MIT taking money from Epstein.
Or let me try to say it like Vice would say it: CHILD-SEX TRAFFICKING RING RUNS COMPUTER SCIENCE LAB

Scapegoat, Hebrew Saʿir La-ʿazaʾzel, (“goat for Azazel”), in the Old Testament ritual of Yom Kippur (Lev. 16:8–10), a goat symbolically burdened with the sins of the Jewish people. ... By extension, a scapegoat has come to mean any group or individual that innocently bears the blame of others.

The whole college admission scandal already showed that courses in top schools are not that difficult, it's getting in that's difficult.

Attached: hector salamanca.jpg (560x330, 25K)

I am at the top university in my field bar none, and my RD when I was doing my master's had a nobel prize. My RD now has a turing award. There are only 2 other universities in the world that compare (again, specifically for my field). What's significant about that is that all three of them are in the bottom 50 according to most rankings. Meanwhile there is nobody even close to the kind of credentials and actual impact as these profs in the top rated schools. Just one example.

No. The problem is college ranks are ALL made by Chinese academics and designed to decide which foreign cities the Chinese should swarm with their cheaters and socially fuck up next.

Not bottom 50, rather the latter half of the top 100.

My university did python first semester, java the next, C, the next, C++ the next, lisp the next (mind you, there were other classes in parallel with different langs). We did lisp in our programming paradigms course. I honestly think that you need a non trivial amount of time building context around programming before you can really appreciate the functional programming paradigm.

Attached: file.png (387x357, 141K)

> it's just personal opinion.

this is always the sign of a brainlet.

it's probably still a great school, but worse than it's golden age. the innovators have become replaced with resume builders

sussman specifically said the transition was because modern programming is more about putting together libraries than writing a lot of code. should tell you the shitty state of our industry.

> learning how to program well is unemployment.

lmao. it's just one book and it makes you more knowledgable than almost anyone else in the field. just fucking read it and then learn some shekel skills once your done.

the context your missing is math you brainlet.
it's not even complex functional stuff. just functions.

>this is always the sign of a brainlet.
Only brainlets deal with absolutes, not everything is black and white.