*take six hours to update*

*take six hours to update*

Attached: win_10_1.jpg (720x450, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Worst of all on servers you have to still have to restart to install updated. Shameful.

my LTSC does not have this problem

LMAOING @ ur lyf
t. LTSC master race

If it takes six hours to update then your computer must be running on fucking 3600rpm hard drive

I'm going to a CC for sysadmin shit. Literally how the fuck do you manage this? We haven't really discussed this yet.

>not having SSD meme
>not using LTSC
>not turning auto update off by gpedit
>not setting update channel to semi annual
Retard

imagine using an OS so bad you dread updating it instead of looking forward to updates
imagine using an OS so bad you have to use a legacy branch to cope

>get Windows 10
>hear about the updates
>set them to occur on weekends when I'm not home
>for several months never have issues
>don't even notice it updating
>start making fun of people for being retarded if their OS updates while they're doing something important because it never happens to me
>after 8 months decide to do a manual update for some reason
>open windows update window
>last time updates were installed was 8 months ago

Oh...

Core 2 and later doesn't have this problem.
Get a computer made this century.

How do i activate this shit in notification mode without reinstalling?? Disabled firewall for a second and this happened

pls help Jow Forums

I had to manually edit LTSC because the goddamn thing was capping my internet. Fuck Microsoft

You'll either be fortunate enough to afford redundancy or you'll just have to have "planned downtime".

no it doesn't
never took more than 5 minutes here

>*take six hours to update*

The fuck? Are you on dial-up?

But what if the redundancy fails after an update to just one of the systems?
i.e. I have two systems as part of a redundant strategy. Say something stupid simple like DNS that supports AD. I upgrade server01 to a new CU for W2K19 while server02 stays on the 'baseline'. Then the relationship fails between both of them and the redundancy halts and is unrecoverable. Nightmares keep me awake at night.

>its the users fault for assuming that windows wouldnt be a piece of shit.
itoddler tier logic.

*disables updates forever and don't have any problems on my bloatware free version*
Your move, LTSCunts.

Small chuckle

its only two settings in gpedit lmao

Microsoft caps caps internet to 1.2 MB on LTSC

Linux doesn't have this problem, pajeet

enjoy your broken system tranny

No it doesn't.

Nobody cares.

>Microsoft caps caps internet to 1.2 MB on LTSC
The fuck are you talking about, retard? Go check your packages count or install some new DE

Dial 8

>he updates his windows
>for (((security updates)))

Attached: 951.png (474x711, 90K)

works on my machine

B-but it doesn't have WSL2 feature that makes Windows useless.

It works at a 1.2 Mbps.

please be specific about the program that are downloading ?

You sound like a freetard defending Linux

Fuck you, sir

At least when it does update, it just works

Get an SSD already, you trog.

except it does not.

a lot of W10 updates break a lot of essential things

you're confusing me with the tranny retard

>install windows update blocker
>automatically does everything that needs to be done to stop windows 10 updates with a single click
>haven't had windows pester me about updates in over half a year now

how isn't this thing more popular

if you update certain linux distros at the wrong time using dist-upgrade it can break your entire desktop

This

*has an ssd*
Takes like 20 min tops but plenty of them only take seconds

It does it faster if you have a fast computer and don't buy into the "SSDs are a meme" meme.

This is one of the many reasons why Linux is much preferred over Windows for servers.

1.2MB of what? Is that per something? Use your words retard retard.

1.2 MB of Internets

I already resolved it. I had to gpedit the goddamn cap. God I hate Windows

works on my machine

Are you talking about this "group policy"?

Attached: download-uploads-bandwidth-settings-windows-10.jpg (830x571, 53K)

Christ you people are clueless. And you going to the sysadmin job you're an embarrassment. Here I'll spoon-feed you.

Windows server 2016 & 2019 license includes two installs. So when one is down for maintenance there is no downtime. For server versions before this you just have to buy another licence. Windows server was built with multi domain controllers in mind, because Microsoft unlike you fuckers isn't stupid

No, that's for the windows update. I'm talking about browsing the web. I couldn't watch youtube videos because for some goddamn reason Microsoft caps LTSC to 1.2 mbps.

How come literally nobody else in the known universe has had this problem?

>falling for the LTSC meme

>your holding it wrong
Apple tier cope

>admits it didn't happen
I was already pretty sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

It did happened. I'm 5 minutes away from home

PEBKAC

I always find that funny no one ever does that, But then you get little treasures moments like this: youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg

yah, this is why I avoid doing sysadmin work even though i could. Programming has wayy less responsibility

Who care....

Werks on my machine
t. Fast Ring

this or has like 300 pending updates

Takes 2 hours to do the big upgrade updates for me, and I have it on a 5400rpm HDD from 2008.

Regular updates take minutes, no more than say 15-20 I'd say, usually they are over faster.

>windows is fine
>as long as you don't update

Attached: shitbrain.jpg (552x423, 40K)

The monthly updates take like 5m on my laptop

I don't know why you're shitting on Win10 for no reason.

imagine it rebooting itself
ugh

takes me 3 minutes to install an update, and im in australia

Just updated and now my earphones wont work. Shit. Just like last year. Fuck this normie OS

I swear to god as a pseudo fake normie who has to use Windows on daily basis you freetards come with most bullshit, exaggerated excuses ever to justify your sad existence. None of this shit ever happened to be yet we're the supposedly tech illiterate users, I start to think freetards might be literally too stupid for simpleton os like w10

lmaoing @ u from my NVMe

They get their entire identity from being "special" for not using proprietary software. They're the vegans of computing. "Intelligent" was never an option.

*takes 6 seconds to update*
Don't use Windows 10 on a toaster.

Attached: 1567682889688.png (400x400, 200K)

>HDD

Attached: 1413232528764.png (626x551, 18K)

>20 min "tops" for installation of fucking updates.
>updates only OS

In 5 min less you can install entire fucking OS.
How's that good?

Windows update recently broke my veracrypt encrypted drive. And got stuck on some kind of Windows repair loop.

Ever since I stalling 1903, my laptop has a 33% chance to boot.

I don't understand his rage. Windows 10 launched with that shit. It was incredibly obvious that they forced updates on you, and that if you keep hitting later, eventually, it's gonna say, "No, not later. Now."

So either downgrade to something like W7/8, or actually schedule the updates (or, better yet, just drop Windows).

You're using the wrong distro then. Unbreakable upgrades have been a thing for quite some time now on actually good distros

pretty much decided im done with windows.

if halo infinate is shit im never touching windows again. will buy their next console thou if its good. might blindly buy it over ps5 even if its as shit as xboxone just to troll. need new bluray player.

1903 install just bricked after installing a creative sound driver. halfway thru MW beta. fucking ell.

glad i figured out its a BUY for me already and was just at the point of tweaking controls/gfx ready for release after already playing for 2days on low like a pro.

windows is shit not beacuse its made bad but beacuse its normie.

normie companies release normie things to run on it which lead to normie results (hell)

iOS or what ever is apples new ipad/macbook oS will be just as bad. beacuse it will atract normies and be shit.

all the hate for windows started after 95 when it became mainstream .. the redpill is its not microsofts fault. its humans fault. humans release dumb as fuck .exe to run on your system that kill shit. so stay away from "most humans" and use some thing niche sure you might have less easy experience and have to use generic less good auto adaptive drivers beacuse its impossible for the niche people to support every thing in such debth..

but at least it wont fuck you over. a simple sustainable life on linux/outdated OSX is the responsible call

and im not talking about random dodgy .exe im talking about big mainstream man .exe with that many normies complied into one spot using windows bad shit is going to happen and it does endlessly.

im fucking sick of formating a fresh every 1.5years im sick of it! windows has no soul. i want a OS i can keep going for much longer. like at least 3years.

>because Microsoft unlike you fuckers isn't stupid
In all my years I have never seen a more obvious micro$oft shill

>bitching about freetards in a "Windows users complaning about Windows" thread
shiggy diggy. Freetards do not complain about how fucked up Windows Update is because they don't have Windows devices to update

I've got an SSD and it takes about that long. What really drives me nuts, is how long it takes for Windows to decide if it needs to be updated. Just yesterday, I waited 8 minutes while Windows made up it's mind. I
easily could have updated a room full of Linux computers in that amount of time.

Have you ever tried the built in format+reset? Famalam not gonna lie, literally could have formated and reinstalled the system about 17 times while the win10 reset finished.

use debian you dog, mines been running for 6

I never had Windows 10 take 6 hours to update.

Fuck up the bootloader to where it's requiring a clean install? Sure. Going real slow? Sure. Fucky drivers and latency issues? I can also assure you that. Updates taking that long? Not at all. What takes 6 fucking hours is deleting those windows update files after. The disk cleanup utility takes ages with that shit.

In contrast, previous versions of Windows, like 7 or 8.1, aren't so bad but yeah, I do remember spending 12 hours updating one of them because unlike Windows 10, they don't have regularly updated ISOs available and installing over 200 updates takes years.

What an idiot. In all your years? Statistically you're either a teenager or a early 20s NEET.
Try contribute something to this website besides low effort posts

I think user is talking about server 2019, I've definitely had this kind of ridiculous time with it

>6 Hours
Are you running windows 10 on a commodore 64?

Fuck off, shill

Low effort brainlet detected.