>gnu emacs
>gnu bash
>gnu coreutils
>pulseaudio
>sydtemd
>dbus
>udev
>Linux kernel
Why is everything so bloated and shitty?

Attached: 1568514259081.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thebestmotherfucking.website/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gtrannies

meme opinion
you've never looked at the source code for any of that so how would you know it's bloated

\thread

>complains about bloat
>still uses SystemD and Pulseaudio
Either just don't use them or stop whining
And if you're not smart enough to use something else then you're not qualified to complain about bloat

Attached: 1466927709326.png (304x341, 112K)

get a mac and walkaway from the bullshit. ignorance is bliss

>why do these pieces of software which people like and use extensively, and which i don't need to use, exist?
just install openbsd, use lynx and the mg editor, then fuck off

>emacs
>bloated
wrong, the "bloat" is still insignificant compared to modern GUI applications and all the newbabbies Sublime and Geany. Plus many people use the "bloat"

>open terminal
>man bash
>"GNU Bourne-Again shell"
>has gnu coreutils
>has GNU emacs
i can tell you aren't a programmer

Emacs is not bloated.

Attached: 14622500905132.jpg (1200x1750, 589K)

How are any of those bloated, retard? Show me examples.

capitalism and consumerism

I am literally getting depression of it. Not just that implementations are bloated, whole concepts and abstractions widely used in computing are bloated (e.g. the concept of GUI based on graphical windows).

Check out suckless.

Everything is fucking bloated on modern computers.

You say this, but back in the day the retort was "EMACS: Eight Megs And Constantly Swapping"

And you know the answer to that is because back then Emacs _was_ one of the largest applications being a full lisp interpreter. These days it looks pretty slim compared to anything else on your computer. Stuff like mail sending or GNUS or games don't load from disk unless you use them.

True. The more appropriate retort now is "Escape Meta Alt Ctrl Shift".

Because your computer is 8 years old and doesn't support new instructions.
Time to upgrade.

Attached: image0-1-1.jpg (1080x944, 217K)

just use evil-mode tbqh

bloat gotta bloat, sweetie

Attached: Modern World Bloat.png (1880x2172, 180K)

People that complain about "bloat" are always these pasty, autistic, white kids that don't program or only program under the influence.

They don't understand computer science and the tradeoffs between abstraction

Wrong. Almost all keybindings are behind a single Meta press or a single Control press. The only time I ever had to press Ctrl+Meta was for forward and backward sexp which is not common for me to do.

Install gentoo unironically

This is painful. I always want to send thebestmotherfucking.website/ everytime someone tells me that you can't do anything with vanilla frontend

>Why is everything so bloated and shitty?
Compared to what ?

this

>linux kernal
>bloated
retard

Too bad that website has so much fucking blank space on both sides of the page. So much wasted space for widescreen monitors.

The world is a mess and people are complicated, OP. Everything is broken, bloated and in constant decay. We do what we can.