Music players

Aimp, foobar, musicbee, winamp
The fuck do you use Jow Forums?
Both Aimp and musicbee turned into shit with their new versions and foobar is broken trash

Attached: file.png (723x528, 270K)

Audacious is pretty good. It is what I've been using for the past couple of years. I did use it back when it was new too, before my time with OS X. On OS X I used Vox, but that was a long time ago, so I don't know if that player is still any good.

Used to use foobar but it's more of a chore than anything.
Switched to MusicBee. It's decent but not the best.

Attached: 1539579252048.png (1360x768, 476K)

Old-school WMP really makes me nostalgic

>windows media player themes
the nostalgia

Attached: Batman-begins.jpg (324x245, 22K)

Audacious. Everything else is a clusterfuck.

Clementine

I've been using Foobar2000 since like 2006. It's very good for what it is, but it's crap for syncing to a phone.

Fucking cringe

Foobar on Windows, Audacious on Linux. I don't want a media library management tool, phone media library syncer, scrobbler, music recommender, album art downloader... I have my music organized into folders and playlists for easy migration to any program or device. I want a program with a small window with playback controls, a playlist box I can drop things in, and the ability to load and save standard m3u playlists.

mpv plays music

DeadBeef, Clementine, gMusicBrowser and MOC are the best choices on LiGNUx.

Winamp and Foobar are the best choices on Windows.

Clementine, Play, and Cog are the best choices on OS X.

iTunes unironically

This.

cmus

Foobar2000

Attached: foobar.png (482x1050, 174K)

AIMP looks good with the Ladient skin by Scope10... But I use mpd+ncmpcpp because I don't use Wangblows.

On Android I'm a fan of Shuttle+, mostly because I've owned a loicence for years from surveybux.

I like the simple layout of foobar

Attached: Foobar2000.png (601x392, 17K)

This. I've got mine arranged similarly. Controls. Playlist box. Done. No need for a visualizer, album art window, library management, etc.

>MusicBee
It have telemetry and tis a resource hog

On Linux, Clementine seems to be the best option so far. Linux really has shit for music players. If only MediaMonkey could be ported over to Linux.

On Windows, MediaMonkey hands down.

A winamp clone is more than good enough. Anything that can play a simple playlist is.

i use VLC for all media playing needs, never had a problem with it

Attached: vlc.webm (1280x720, 997K)

>Used to use foobar but it's more of a chore than anything
How? After you set it up, it just werks.

Cool setup. Custom or borrowed theme?

>foobar is broken trash
Werks on my machine
and it's great

>foobar is broken trash
on linux?

WMP8 was comfy.
Wish there was a way to get it to work on XP SP2 or 3.

Linux: Clementine / ncmpcpp+mpd
Windows: Clementine / Musicbee
Mobile: DSub / Poweramp
Speaking of, what happened to musicbee? I haven't updated.

How?

They "revamped" the entire thing with v3+, from UI to functionality and everything is ugly and broken with some extra layes of bloat and stuff trying to connect to random ips

Oh, yeah. v2 is good enough. Doesn't v3 have v2 skinning options too? I just use v2 since my plugins were still mostly based in v2 and it runs good enough and fast enough for me. Still salty how it got pozzed with (((gradients))) instead of a solid color.

Foobar is only a chore if you want some convoluted columns UI theme. I use facets and new setup is done in minutes. MusicBee is bloated while also suffering from terrible menus (like foobar) so it takes longer. Takes a lot of work to get it to look alright but it takes no time with facets in fb2k.

Unrelated but has anyone found a music player that fits the Windows 10 theme but supports scrobbling? Anything in the windows store seems to be from the windows phones days.

Not him, but all I want from foobar is an integrated in window library view that is separate from the add files functions, and is navigatable by album art. I have found no way to do this. If you know of a way, let me know, I'm just trying to find a solution.

this on mobile. mpc-hc on pc because i'm too lazy to download a dedicated music player

Attached: Screenshot_Poweramp_20190711-080527.png (1080x1920, 1.45M)

I tried to make foobar to have a GUI layout like musicbee but failed. It'd be great if I found a way since foobar has way more plugin support.

Spotify.

Absolutely fine, you should go outside more.

good thing I do so I know what outside doesn't look like

Both of you really need to try Facets.

Am I the only one who uses Gom?

Attached: 1546270113346.png (300x300, 21K)

why yes I use Lollypop, how could you tell?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-22 07-04-54.png (1225x683, 754K)

i use youtube.com

A 126kb year 1999 version of winamp

Looks like bloated shit 2bh desu. Do people really browse their audio files by "popular" and "loved" categories?

I still use Winamp because of the equalizer.