/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Dennis Ritchie edition

Old thread: What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Attached: ritchie.jpg (363x366, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ideone.com/O8uzty
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lisp is the most bloated programming language.))))))))))))))))

retard

fpbp

C++ best language. Cboomers and Rust dilators a shit. Official C++ waifu coming in for first blood.

Attached: 1abb39cebfdf60eeda77bebd5576c219.png (512x512, 346K)

Why does this look like DR's mugshot?

website development is just as much programming as other types of software development

Attached: _gtard.jpg (670x701, 139K)

I'm a gay twink and I like C++

How do I

Attached: 1494800626199.jpg (482x549, 57K)

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

char game_map[50][50] = {
#include "gamemap.h"
};

autism

this is unironically based

why?

I would say based but anime is gay.
t. retard complaining about people posting anime on an anime website

Just got my paper published.

Attached: pepe-feels-good.jpg (396x385, 21K)

Congrats!

F# is the most important programming language of our Era

on what topic?

>on what topic?
HPC and virtualization

How do I write a BBS?

php

virtualization as in the thing operating systems do? I'm pretty ignorant desu

Not sure what you meant by "the thing operating systems do", but virtualization as in virtual machines.

Attached: 242776.gif (640x199, 44K)

install dos

Just use a constexpr function to populate a constexpr array instead. Unless that is unironically how you change maps in your game.

Anone! I sure hope you are keeping up with your JavaScript studies! I can't come and check on you every day!

Attached: d6d94ef3ff7f0a4fa78381a1c7993b0d.jpg (900x1199, 118K)

why would I learn javascript when I can buid front-end applications in C# using Blazor?

I learned Lisp instead.

I was speaking from ignorance and completely off-target. That's neat though. Anything you can share with us about what you've learned writing your paper?

i installed clion
now what
before i was doing project euler in C but i quit when I got to the big number questions.

you don't need an IDE for C. only a text editor and a command line.

Thanks. Well, not so much while writing, but of course the implementation of what I did was non-trivial. The short version of it is that we implemented a method of allowing a local VM to use a physical PCIe device residing in a remote host over cabled PCIe, and we also enabled a way for multiple such devices (residing in different physical hosts) to communicate directly with each other with minimal overhead. If you're familiar with VM terminology, we do PCIe pass-through of remote devices in a PCIe network/cluster.

Or did you mean the experience of writing a journal article?

mostly I was curious what your thesis / dissertation was, but I didn't want you to dox yourself.

Imagine believing this

I see. Broadly speaking, it's about exploiting PCIe memory addressing capabilities to do distributed device sharing.

I can't find anything to do in C

Create a userspace driver.

it objectively is.

no idea what that means

Attached: 1543931441672.png (489x424, 129K)

write a Genetic Algorithm to find a good solution to some kind of NP hard problem that interests you.

write a chess game with garbage tier AI

Learning to solve "is dot in the triangle". do you prefer the area approach or vector approach anons (or something else)?

Just draw the triangle and the dot then ask the user if the dot is in the triangle.

cringe and google pilled

read any technical literature that interests you. the other day, I came across the astronomical almanac and ended up butching together a heliostat program that predicts the sun's position relative to your time and position on earth. not the most demanding shit since the hard part was already made, but still better than not doing anything.

Just solve the general solution. Draw a line that hits the dot and count how many of the polygon's lines intersect. If it's even then it's outside of the poly if it's odd than it's inside.

Do you have a link to a step by step? I would struggle to do that alone

bpfp

C is pretty good but C++ is the best. I would never use anything else. I also love cocks.

you know how to represent a line between two points, and you know how to check if two lines intersect (if you don't know those, just mess around until you get them). From there, it should be simple.

Just pick the line that has zero slope. Surely you can solve a line for y = N. And line vs line segment is simply "is x in range." I guess you have to be careful around points and around perpendicular slopes, but it's easy enough to work out the scenarios. Anyway, that's how I do it.

Implement a big number library in C. Or learn to use the gmp. Use that problem as a catalyst to learn about new problems. Big integers really arent that difficult if you you dont obsess about perf.

Thanks user

wut

Attached: iambrainlet.png (500x347, 9K)

He probably meant the other way around

I mean if he means CL he's not really wrong

All you need to know

Attached: optimization_algorithms.jpg (729x616, 230K)

low iq

i think he meant draw a line from your point to any point on the triangle that's not a vertex.

Sorry, I meant the line... what do you call? Uni-directional. Line ray? Just ray? You know what I mean.

Like this, you see how outside point both green and pink hit even numbers, and it's true for any line starting at the point and going to infinity.

And likewise for the one inside it only hits once no matter where you draw it.

Like I said points are a bit awkward (hit one point = ?). There's math for the general case polygon (sorry for the hand-wavy, I worked it all out when I made my collision engine, but its mostly left my head at this point). But in the case of a triangle just draw the line in the other direction if that happens.

Attached: hand wavy poly colision.png (1152x648, 10K)

Mad
It's literally packed with features from like 30 different lisp implementations for broad compatibility, it's bloated unlike scheme which is pure and based

Stay mad CL fag

If it touches your penis it's inside the triangle.

Attached: AB9B2DA5-E5A5-49C5-9014-1FA4C791BA07.jpg (468x468, 193K)

peabrain

shitpooper

It seems I'm being baited by a minority

what kind of minority

Common Lisnigger

Americans are up, time to go.

Nice job posting nothing of value. Time for the europoors to sleep.

I bet you like sepples.

literally just woke up

inane posts like clockwork

I like C++
fuck anime

Attached: 1559781505810.png (657x527, 25K)

I have the code.

Attached: 1568410468320.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Is there a higher order function that will split a sequence by a terminator function?

In my case I'm splitting up a pregenerated report by ID's using regex. I'm using C# and I believe I already have a working algorithm. But for future reference would like to know if this concept has a general name. I'm sure there's linq extensions that do this.

Why is the font on Counting and Decision different?

what does it do

Attached: 1554262345579.png (509x493, 260K)

in Haskell this is just splitWhen

post it

Attached: 1563506831219.jpg (642x797, 103K)

Baste

>sepples maniacs are teenage shounen shitters
Color me surprised

in C# you can use Linq's TakeWhile and then for the rest, skip by the count of what you just got.

and also if you know how IEnumerables work, you could just write your own.

mygcd a 0 = a
mygcd a b = mygcd b (a `mod` b)

main = print $ mygcd 6 30

Attached: 1568412710102.jpg (1024x576, 47K)

oy vey

C++ is good in terms of functionality but actually writing C++ is not fucking fun or comfy at all and for that it can never truly be the best

cute kode

Attached: helen.png (691x690, 427K)

In Lisp, this is just
(gcd 6 30)

next implement Floyd-Warshall

woach ur tellin me lisp has a math library BUILT IN??!?

i won't tell you

now show gcd implementation in lisp

in haskell this is just
gcd 6 30

Why was type inference mostly just an fp thing until recently, are there any arguments against it? It seems like the best parts of dynamic and static typing to me.

follow the inference logic can be complicated, and it can be difficult to figure out what type a variable is supposed to be

>in haskell this is just

ideone.com/O8uzty

[1 of 1] Compiling Main ( prog.hs, prog.o )

prog.hs:1:1: error:
Parse error: module header, import declaration
or top-level declaration expected.
|
1 | gcd 6 30
| ^^^^^^^^