>Wastes time, money, space with a "pc" instead of computing on a raspberry pi

umad, bucko

Post your pi battlestations

Attached: pi4.jpg (1197x700, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armis.com/blueborne/
armis.com/resources/iot-security-blog/blueborne-one-year-later/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why yes, I use crappy FOSS alternatives as none of my software runs on ARM, how did you guess?

If you're OS is free, you're time is free.

Attached: pi.jpg (3024x2980, 2.19M)

Why would I use a Raspberry Pi when I could just use my laptop? You can't even take the Pi with you.

>inb4 Pi-top
Yes, but then you've lost all of the "space" advantages. Also, you never had a time advantage, because everything runs like dogshit on a Pi and thus you are spending more time waiting on the thing to finish any given task.

>Using a nonfree video driver on a piece of crap

>>Wastes time, money, space with a "pc"
Get back to me when there is a decent x86 pi form factor SoC

Always wanted one to use as a htpc, but I could just use a long HDMI cord to my TV

*your

Lattepanda

So I'm guessing that the more you pay the better the experience

cool story, iRajpeet

>*your
>free as in free of mistakes

>overheats
>analog audio over i2c
I'll go with the Odroid N2

a longer board with the ports on only one side would be much cooler.

>jUsT uSe A rAsPbErRy Pi!
No, fuck off. I want a regular computer

How about a regular girlfriend instead

how about I give you a regular dick up your ass

Call me when they make a version of that that doesn't shit the bed CPU wise.

I want to run Gnome 3.34 on a Raspberry pi 4, with 4GB memory. Can i run it with GPU enabled?
Gnome should be running fine on such raspberry pi right?

Should i install Ubuntu server and then install Gnome DE on the raspberry pi? And then install the GPU drivers for the video core GPU?

are you some kind of fag or something?

Just give me the fucking source for the Video Core GPU already. Ill compile that shit myself then.. Geez. Can't you be just nice?

>Post your pi battlestations
If you're not just a poser, how about you start?

If something like mini-sata existed then it would be good, but it's shit.

Basically if one RPi4 isn't enough for pc replacement, multiple RPi4s could share the load:

0. Control/desktop RPi, tiling wm/byobu to control and access other Rpis with dedicated tasks, usually with requirements to operate 24/7 uninterrupted:

1. OPNsense, DNS-server, Network wide tracker/adblock
2. Communications, featuring all the protocols one prefers
3. MPD-server /mu/
4. Lakka, /vr/
5. Kodi, /tv/
6. Filesharing/Torrent-server(s) /t/

Maybe RPi generation or two, and they'll put all IO to one side, switch to USB-C only, throw the plastic official cases into landfill and choose metallic natural heatsink cases for official ones, just in white and red.

Attached: flirc-kodi.jpg (228x228, 7K)

why don't they make micro laptops with a pi? Im sure that you could kludge toghter a case with abuilt in screen and just run a bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

If you were to 3-d print a case, what would you want the non-screen half to do? do they make 6 inch keyboards?

Attached: 1568581771776.jpg (4912x2760, 1.51M)

armis.com/blueborne/
armis.com/resources/iot-security-blog/blueborne-one-year-later/

RPi 4 is a pile of shit. i've bought one and returned it in a week.
it has temperatures of 70C on stanby and throttles while working.
pay more money and buy Odroid N2

Didn't you get a heat sink for it? Are you new to building computers?

>Jow Forums and their air gap paranoia
If was building a pi screen brick, is there a way to have built in 2.4ghz dongle for a mouse? Cords are a major pain in the ass for carrying around and they would stick off the side horribly. Just googling around for options out there, they are all little touch screens with USBs sticking out the side.

I think small brick base that has a keyboard on to with a folding screen would work, but only if you have a wireless mouse.

Attached: trs80 200.jpg (500x281, 30K)

>new to building computers
didn't know that turning on a single board is now called building a computer.
i had multiple boards that never had a problem. the new versions are just trash, because they try to save as much money as they possibly can and released a faulty models that overheat like crazy.
you would have to install a an on it that makes using a small silent computer impossible

With Flirc's case, which acts as a heatsink and the latest updates it runs much cooler.

so that's a no to the heat sink.

you're right, next time i will buy more stuff and modify my faulty machine instead of returning it and getting my money back

heat sinks are mods now?

Every board I've ever purchased need a heat sink bought to do with it. I had to purchase drives, cables, monitors, and install OSes and software as well.