Windows 7 death

So, I'm about to take the LTSC pill, is 2019 the way to go or 2020 is supposed to happen to get the ryzen performance improvement?

Attached: 1559836864602.png (1920x1080, 2.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.update.microsoft.com
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Windows 8.1 still gets updates for another 4 years and works just like Win7 does. In fact it's faster than 7 if you have an SSD.

Source on pic?

Just install linux

just kill yourself

LTSC works fine on my ryzen machine.

Seconding this

i'm running 1809 and it worksonmymachineâ„¢
i can't see them putting out a new release for the benefit of consumer hardware.

Attached: Capture.jpg (324x154, 8K)

go to /fwt/ user

LSTC is fine if you want updates every 3 years like old Windows, otherwise Windows 10 Enterprise if you have plenty of cores or just want an updates every 6 months and 9 months of support.

Attached: EEkQGDkUwAAXnXy.jpg_orig.jpg (752x971, 109K)

Where do you get a license though?

Windows 8.1 still exist bro.

Attached: 1551240750038.png (980x567, 48K)

windows 7 will be alive for how long you want it to stay alive

updates are just botnet and you should turn them off

we got one on 2015 2016 and 2019, I guess next one is 2022

I used Windows 8(.1) for a couple years before going back to 7 because I remember hating it, but don't remember why. Were the downsides to 8.1 compared to 7 (only one I really remember is having to externally install a start menu, it's been a while) ever fixed? I'm going to clean install a new OS today or tomorrow and I haven't decided which. I was considering either continuing to use 7 or moving to LTSC, but I'm willing to hear an argument for 8.1.

Attached: 1565792058495.jpg (500x428, 71K)

>Windows 10 Enterprise if you have plenty of cores
The fuck are you even talking about

>continuing to use 7,
it have less than 100 days of life remaining
I can't even begin to imagine the ammount of 0days saved for support end to fuck up all millions of retards that stay on 7

I'm just really concerned about switching to W10. Everything about it seems bad.
I also just found out that the toaster laptop I was going to do a fresh install on doesn't have drivers for W8.1, so it seems 7 and 10 are my only options.

Attached: file.png (235x209, 7K)

holy shit you are a delusional boomer for using LTSC, just use regular windows or go linux

no dx 12

fuck off fat neckbeard

>muh games

>muh argument
non-existent

>I can't use 95% of the existing software because I use a toy O.S with the pretense of avoiding botnet and fridum while I have over 15 different things that spy on me starting with my ISP and android phone so I spend my worthless lifetime coming to windows threads to shit on it for having something I can't have

Attached: 1445029891271.png (469x480, 273K)

try getting drivers for your device through windows update, its likely if 7 is supported you will get 8.1 support
enable driver updating in sysdm.cpl, go to device manager, right click device and do a search for drivers (can take a while if the first time)
or search the catalog for your device before installing
catalog.update.microsoft.com

He is probably referencing the scheduler improvements meant for Ryzen CPUs
LTSC doesn't get these updates, so for Ryzen, it's better to just use non-LTSC editions that are on the semi-annual channel

You're dumbest gorilla nigger I have ever seen.

Great, yet another reason to buy a 14nm++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ intel cpu

how you activated it senpai? kms not working for me

My only concern with LTSC is: does the latest Win10 come with the Meltdown/Spectre patches? Because I'll have to figure out how to disable that shit if it does.

seething gaymer

learn how to reverse image search

LTSC is a meme. You can just install regular Enterprise and remove anything you don't want. That way you get the scheduler improvements for Ryzen and aren't stuck on an outdated, crippled build. There won't be another LTSC build for another couple of years.

Just use InSpectre, dummy.

Can you disable auto restart?

>free update from win 7
>years later asks for a product key
kys microshaft

This? Yes.

Attached: Annotation 2019-09-21 153031.jpg (672x627, 98K)

I've been running normal enterprise for years now
I've haven't ran into any auto restarts

>being scared of some attacks that can barely be reproduced and you'd have to go to russian shady websites to actually get affected

>enterprise licence
How?

If you aren't using Windows 10 Chinese Government Edition you're doing it wrong. It has no telemetry whatsoever right out of the box

Attached: CG10.png (895x671, 383K)

>less supported than 7
Pffthahahaha

Attached: Capture.jpg (1645x443, 43K)

Yeah, this is what forced me to update to win10.

Windows 7 without updates is still a better alternative to Windows 10
XP is a better alternative to Windows 10

Is the Windows 10 upgrade offer still a thing?

Attached: 1551286113641.jpg (730x1094, 102K)

>an insecure OS is better than a pile of shit OS
Y'all need to finally get the fuck over this Microsoft shit and install GNU.

But isn't this kind of stuff provided by AMD drivers?

I don't want to use the same corelibs as anyone who says "y'all".

Here you go anons.

Attached: For_Anon.jpg (1920x1080, 373K)