SYSTEMD REINVENTING HOME DIRECTORIES

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

FOR EXAMPLE, THEY ARE REMOVING SSH REMOTE LOGIN BECAUSE "IT'S THE BEST SOLUTION" (THIS IS WHAT THEY LITERALLY SAID)

streaming.media.ccc.de/asg2019/relive/164

Attached: photoshop has crashed.png (1129x821, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cfp.all-systems-go.io/media/homed-asg2019.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wife material right there

Everything in this talk seems sensible so far. I have yet to see him mention anything about removing remote login

The thread was made 7 minutes ago. You watched an hour long clip in less than 7 minutes? Fuck you.

The video starts playing at a specific timestamp, very soon after which he starts talking about ssh's authorized_keys. It's reasonable to assume OP linked this portion of the talk specifically and was too dumb to understand what was actually being proposed and so made this sensationalist and misleading thread. If the issue that OP has is further along in the video, he should have linked that part of it instead of expecting anyone to watch all of a mostly-unrelated one hour talk before engaging in a discussion.

That being said, I am watching the entire talk because it's interesting.

Sounds good to me. SSH User could be machine specific and then you can use su to become the other user by going over root. Nice nice niiiiiiiiice.

you've obviously never used ssh then

You need glasses

Hi Pottering

When systemd fud is not supported by facts, resort to lies.

>Pottering wants to break ssh
Fuck you man

Thank god. It's about time.

don't let it slide you faggots

cope more, weebcel

>sliding this thread
this board is infested with yellow roasties for sure

Summary of systemd-homed:
Lennart likes USB authentication keys.
Computers are basically single-user systems these days, but that's bad, somehow.
Lennart is confused by the idea of multiple passwords being used to authenticate different parts of the computer.

This is why I switched to Windows 7, the distro that respects your freedom.

she cute

he cope

>video
NOBODY WANTS TO FUCKING WATCH SOMEONE YAP IN FRONT OF A FUCKING PRESENTATION SCREEN FOR A GODDAMN HOUR
YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING GREAT AND EASY AND QUICK IT IS TO PARSE TEXT IF YOU DON'T FUCKING SUCK AT READING?
OH BOOHOO EVERYONE IS SO "VISUAL" THESE DAYS LET'S PROPOSE SOMETHING IN SOME OVERLONG PILE OF SHIT WITH SOME ANNOYING FUCK TALKING FOREVER INSTEAD OF WRITING THAT SHIT OUT LIKE ACTUAL PEOPLE WHO CAN CREATE AND DOCUMENT SHIT
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU GODDAMN LOL WATCH MY VIDEO SHITCUNTS
yes i mad

stop sperging

sucks to be you guys.
openrc ftw.

How do you fuck up your slides like this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190922_055117.png (1245x720, 205K)

free open source lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>random rows offset to the right
looks like a hardware problem

Mad as hell about this garbage as well. Impossible to learn about anything anymore because the only resources are videos that spend 10 hours with "how do you do fellow kids" garbage and slow-ass poor quality explanations, none of which is easily skippable. Quality can't even be assessed in advance either. Absolutely garbage.
Text is an infinitely superior medium and has infinite advantages in parsability and automated management.

lenny should khs

100% this. While audio visual is good for many things, programming and computing needs text to learn.

The same way he fucks up the software he writes

i found this, it took me like less than a fucking minute googling it.
stop being so lazy and cringe, what the fuck
cfp.all-systems-go.io/media/homed-asg2019.pdf

poettering is a subhuman, and wants to create systemd/linux
FINE! at least let me make an option. I thought linux(formerly GNU) was about freedom of choice

Slides are useless for sharing content. You've clearly never tried reading slides.

retard

>can't watch an hour long video, content too verbose
>can't read slides, content trimmed, too brief

well, you can go fuck yourself then kiddo

I've never seen something so ugly before.

>Expecting anything made by pottering to be good

I've never seen something so beautiful before.

please post better looking qts

Attached: 3ca35b63710d4a82ae7f312904944c75.jpg (658x987, 205K)

good thing debian is planning on ditching systemD.

proprietary video drivers probably. he might as well just use windows.

>good thing debian is planning on ditching systemD.

Nigger what ?

Attached: spider_cold.jpg (635x431, 51K)

it's not

it isn't, you fucking retard

Now I'm just sad.

>photoshop has crashed
Good, it's better that way

I am using ssh every fucking day at least like ten times for multiple hours. You fucking retard, I am already using a system which systemd seems to have thought about and this is why I am not against it. I login from the outside with one random user that is specific to the machine (which also may change from time to time) and then use just su [real user] -

Meu deus, que criatura tão feia
I know nips have a thing for fucked up teeth("fangs are cute") but it looks like shit in 3DPD. Fucking hell

Checkout linux 2.6 and restart the whole development. Everything gets fucked by shitty corps and money

Seems you have an unhealthy fixation on underage yellow insectoids.

Betraying your otaku roots brazilboy. What a shame

Attached: 0001.jpg (640x640, 51K)

nah it's not the fangs, it's her face

I'm really fucking tired of everything

Why does it feel like we are just getting shat on from every possible direction right now?

Ditto. I guess I'm just getting old.

I'm done with "new, exciting, revolutionary, and experimental". I want "predictable, boring, stable, and working".

Portuguese fag here actually.

So what hes talking about is fine, but why does it meed to be part of my init system? Guix manages to do it without trying to change how literally everything works and without direct integration into the init system.

>How do you fuck up your slides like this?
he forgot to set some flags in systemd-presentationd.service

Attached: 1514730590860.png (698x698, 432K)

systemd is NOT an init system, it's a system daemon.

it's not a system daemon
it's an integrated suit of system daemons and a bunch of other shit

>2016
>updating fucking anything at all

Attached: 1568890292241.jpg (750x692, 49K)

>2016

Attached: 1544667569335.jpg (577x537, 65K)

>he's been updating since 2016

Attached: 1567267308156.gif (300x200, 1.6M)

>updating after Dec. 31 1999

Attached: 1566430705200.jpg (640x640, 43K)

Bros I want to nakadashi her

underated post

No, you can go fuck yourself. You took the worst of both worlds in both instances and wondered why people hate your ilk. Zoom zoom I say.

NGNGHHHHHH FUCK FUCKKKKK FUCKKKKK UUGHHHH THAT YERRO PUSSI UGUGUUUUUUUUUUUUUU >~<
UGG UG GG G UGUG HGHGHGHHHGHHGHUGHUGHGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD ASIANS ARE SO HOT TTT T T T FUUCKKK OH GOOD GOD OH O HOH HOOH FUCK FUK

So this is the power of Red Hat? Top kek, I never had these issues using Ubongo or Lesbian.

>Lennart likes USB authentication keys.
No, the enterprise does.
>Computers are basically single-user systems these days, but that's bad, somehow.
They aren't in the enterprise.
>Lennart is confused by the idea of multiple passwords being used to authenticate different parts of the computer.
No, the enterprise is. See SSO.
Lennart doesn't do this because he wants to change your desktop experience, he does it because Red Hat wants it for enterprise customers.

when we can finally replace linux kernel with systemd kernel?

He's using a yet unreleased systemd dri driver for his gpu

Attached: DqJYhIXcAAhEUm.jpg (255x177, 9K)

>No encryption (Or "mismatching" encryption)
Is he unaware of ecryptfs? It has its problems but it was standard in Ubuntu, one of the most widely used desktop linux distros. It's still used in a lot of other places.

for me it looks like a fuse filesystem that will conflict with anything that uses another mount point into the filesystem.

I agree with you, I hate this trend