What's the secret to make more than 300k a year in tech?

Attached: 1552300472781.jpg (935x466, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2014/10/06/facebook-closes-19-billion-whatsapp-deal/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

be good at what you do, do security if you're smart enough which you probably aren't.

Be exceptionally good. I've already accepted that I'm not.

How do you know this?

Just be smart LOL

Engineer + management skills will always get you above 300k
Management skills include dealing and convincing people you absolutely dislike on a daily basis

know cobol

Sell malware.

Be skilled, smart, excellent at networking/career advancement.

Micro dosing or adderral abuse. Both if possible.

most fortune 500 VPs don't even make 300k

why do you post this thread daily?

Be a minority.

this

Get a math PhD. You can get any job you want 300k starting, and it's only uphill from there.

based

Be asian

based on that picture the secret is apparently to live in california

Attached: 1568360775812.jpg (334x506, 28K)

My ACT tutor was a math PhD. I doubt he makes 300k starting.

get 5+ years of experience and slave your ass off for 60-70 hours a week

Probably easier to start your own business and be mediocre than excel in a big corp. Work smarter, not harder.

Attached: 1478276317629.jpg (1920x1080, 836K)

The majority of the people at those companies work 30 hours a week if you don't count lunch and gym breaks.

Be a well-versed developer. Worth noting, most of your pay won't be in the form of salary (you'll get much more in stock).

This. My Goddess can't be wrong.

1. get an interview at a company where admission is standardized to passing 2-4 technical assessments.

2. pass the interview

3. be there for 5 years

sincerly the bar is not high, most people are too beta to so much as apply let alone allow themselves to get rejected before getting a good job

why is california so based?

Maybe do the damn work for enjoyment rather than the money? You'll make better programs and be promoted faster if you actually care.

I don't know, I make 15

Source?

gen z don't work hard

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

The COBOL devs in my area don't even make triple digits, would rather do AWS Solution Architecting which can lead to double their wage eventually.

Fuck your manager.
Worked for me.

Attached: 1554146262729.jpg (600x600, 33K)

*Crack*

I'd never hire someone born after 1991 to be on my team, they just don't have the work ethic that people born in 1988 have

don't quit or get shitcanned like the average person that works at these places

This is just a lie people repeat on the internet. COBOL devs are at dealership management system SaaS companies making $65,000 and thinking it's fire.

Be on the board of directors so you can give yourself raises.

>make $500k/yr
>spend all of it on rent
based

Attached: jej.png (758x707, 434K)

>coping this hard

It's a good thing we're not talking about the set of all fortune 500 companies and are instead talking about FAANG tech companies where the amount of revenue/employee is usually 1million+

Flyover cope.

California rents are only like 2x the average of another big city but you make 3x-5x the salary. Worth it.

You have to live in the bay area

seeething commiefornian

Hahahahaha omg you clearly watched too many "day in the life of a software engineer" videos on youtube

cope cope cope

mad cuz I bank away 100k in savings on my San Jose salary every year and then retire and move to your state to live like a king?

YES, I AM CALIFORNIAN
YES, I WILL MOVE TO YOUR STATE
YES, I AM A DEMOCRAT
YES, I WILL CONTINUE VOTING DEMOCRAT
YES, I WILL DRIVE UP THE PRICE OF YOUR LOCAL REAL ESTATE
NO, I AM NOT WHITE
NO, I WILL NOT DRIVE SLOWER
NO, I WILL NOT ASSIMILATE
NO, I DON'T CARE HOW LONG YOU'VE LIVED IN YOUR STATE

Attached: 1558732758383.png (1000x1000, 303K)

DOTR can't come soon enough.

Attached: 1569046246534.jpg (560x572, 33K)

This
>3. be there for 5 years
I think this is the hard part. Lots of smart college grads get all uppity and bored of working for a megacorp and then leave after 2 years without climbing the ladder at all. Or they got unlucky and ended up on a shit team and ragequit.
Supposedly job hopping is good if you want to make a lot of money though.

extremely based post

Stay mad and poor.

>the only way he can cope with Californian superiority is to fantasize about a day that will never come
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1569031577545.png (766x950, 50K)

cope

What’s the catch behind these numbers and companies? Are they a horrid fire burning behind the scenes? Is that why they always never have a senior SE?

>come up with some silly idea that involves technology
>build a prototype app in 2 months by copy-pasting stack overflow
>market it and make it trendy. Make sure to Target millennials
>Make sure you are losing truck loads of money and do not intend on making a profit in 5 years minimum.
>Take the company public and ask for $80b in an IPO
>Pay yourself 5 million a year and run the company into the ground, but slowly
>Raise more capital from potential sheep investors and give yourself more bonuses and extra compensation. Avoid stock comp because that is going nowhere quickly.
There you have it, now go out there and take your deserved money.

Is this really it? 5 years is a long time isn’t it? Can you imagine leaving after 5 years to job hop? Must be awkward.

>Is that why they always never have a senior SE?
40% are senior or higher

Work 108 hours a week, burn out by 28, suicide by 32.

The catch is that it's fucking hard to get in. If you don't have leet skillz you won't get in, ever. If you do, all the companies will constantly try to snipe you from each other, which means they all need to offer competitive compensation and benefits.
I don't know what you mean but there are plenty of senior people with 10+ years of experience at these companies and they're the ones making $500k+.
You just stay until you aren't getting promoted anymore and then hop to a company that will hire you at a higher level. I think this is pretty common and not weird at all, but working at any company you will find a lot of "lifers" sticking around forever just due to survivorship bias.

Looks like the secret is to just retire at 28 with all the money you have and do something else.

Cope. Most of my colleagues don't work more than 40 hours a week.

provided you're better than the average (not hard), it's a matter of arbitrariness. every success story is the product of arbitrariness

West coast has rich people, lots of money, and good weather year around ( minus the giant forest fires that are now burning down most of the state, but who cares about that ). All the big companies HQ there and they bring in billions and can pay employees anything they want. Also Stanford circlejerk, pro-lefty laws, pro-immigration for pooloos and chinks to replace whitey.

Why does LinkedIn pay so much when it's such an inferior website by all measures? Seriously, have any of you used it? I have to and it's so bad that it's not even funny. Nothing on it works properly, the design is terrible, and people use it against their will. Using Facebook after that garbage is a blessing.

based

i got my 400k job off linkedin

>how do i make more than a worker bee?
don't be a worker bee and start a lateral waifu-integration business.

Attached: 1529100251076.jpg (800x907, 100K)

You can make even more than that if you have an original idea that works.
forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2014/10/06/facebook-closes-19-billion-whatsapp-deal/
I mean the man started with foodstamps for god's sake.

Is that Maron?

Seething is known to cause cancer in the state of California.

imagine how fucking boring it must be to work for linkedin

she's just projecting don't worry
success in this society isn't even dependent on intelligence, it depends mainly on motivation and connections