10th gen Intel

You guys upgrading when its out?

Im on 8700K and thinking about it

Attached: lineup[1].jpg (1400x784, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These are laptop cpus though

>corelet
>cachelet
>worse single core boosts
Yeah, too obvious, just wait for 10nm+++ lul

>just wait for 10nm+++
didn't they have 10nm in 2015 already?
what happened...

Attached: intel roadfail.jpg (1688x795, 108K)

They had no volume back then.

10nm+ is happening this year.
Mobile parts already out.
Don't know about desktop parts.

if it brings anything of note sure. I'm already on an i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz so they're going to have to either increase their base IPC or something to justify a new CPU (and let's be honest, a new motherboard because a socket change a year keeps the goym in fear)

It's going to be moar clocks again, 10nm on desktop won't be a thing yet.

I thought that 10nm was going to have worse clock potential than 14nm++++

By intel's own slides, yes. Just wait for 10nm++++ to compete with 14nm+++ clocks

Probably yes but gotta see what the lineup of 10th gen will be anyway. I'm at my limit being a waitfag and want to replace my first gen i7 920.

>caring about overpriced, buggy as shit, megaspyware processors
Intel is shit and you don't have to be a fucking AMD fanboy to think so. Anyone who supports Intel is an idiot.

>buggy as shit
Zen2/X570 is worse

I think you'd have to be an idiot to buy Intel CPU's now

Attached: 1537975537725.png (360x360, 129K)

Bullshit. Intel has had actual fucking BROKEN, SHITTY, GARBAGE released processors for fucking years and aren't worth buying.
Intel doesn't give a shit about quality control, they just push their bullshit as far as they can go and as soon as a couple tests ok with someone opening a fucking web browser to a cat picture, out the door it goes.

Attached: yes i realize that i am replying to bait but i love this picture. please understand.png (760x572, 247K)

No way can they get desktop parts out unless it's the budget sector. The yields are too bad, performance doesn't match even their own chips

shiiiiieeet, the oh nonono video really needs an update now

youtube.com/watch?v=we2oePtTGMM

Attached: 1535180411693.png (1920x1150, 129K)

10nm on desktops won't happen. Only laptops and maybe some low-end Xeons.

I'll wait for a 2-in-1 with an i7 1068G7, if that doesn't happen, I'll wait for tiger lake

JUST(tm) wait

>upgrading a 2 year old CPU
Are you braindead OP or just stupid?

wait DDR5 where your 8700k slow? you can wait instead

My old Haswell still runs great.

That might have been the case back in the 2000s or earlier, where upgrading from a Pentium II>III or a Athlon 64/Prescott P4 to a Core 2 processor would yield massive gains in performance, but yes nowadays it does not make any sense. The last great leap in CPU speed came with Sandy Bridge, everything afterwards has been slow and incremental.

>upgrade
All my money goes towards rent and the medical bills I’m drowning in

There is no reason to upgrade to another intel cpu unless its older than Sandy Bridge.