/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Post one, r8 one.

Attached: fbst.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Flash-Furniture-Mid-Back-Swivel-Flip-Up/dp/B00KUPS3JU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=republiclab01-20&linkId=59f7da1f141a413b128d60487b23c5e2&language=en_US
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looking pretty good user. Super cozy, maybe get a lamp or something.

Attached: FNxlNzU.jpg (2047x978, 841K)

Attached: rig2.jpg (1500x729, 321K)

Why do you have two keyboards?

looks like a cozy place to get high and jam. that carpet/rug situation seems like a nightmare for a chair tho.

Attached: bs.jpg (4000x3000, 3.2M)

The carpets fine, I just have to lift the chair sometimes. I love your setup, except for the bezels in the center of the monitors. What are you powering with that Rane amp? And are you running your stuff from the thunderbolt on your macbook? I've been thinking about making my X1 carbon the center of my setup and just turning my PC into a full time server/steam machine.

As of right now, it's only powering these ceiling speakers. I got those two Biamp DSP units underneath it 22 ins and 22 outs, eventually I plan on having all of my audio devices going in/out of those, utilizing the amp when it's needed. I kinda just snagged em from work when they were getting discarded for upgrades, so mostly just to play around with. I'm trying to get a control processor/video switcher also so I can send all my video sources to any monitor/display I have, with a touch panel to control everything with a GUI, including lights.

Also ya my macbook is a 2013, so it's got more i/o than 1 thunderbolt, but yeah my whole setup is running off of it.

Attached: speak.jpg (1955x1920, 730K)

Attached: ii.png (1562x1160, 2.88M)

Looks comfy, do you have controls for all of the lighting when you go to sleep?

Posting an update to the inspiron 530 battlestation. Not much has changed yet but I upgraded the monitor from the Dell SE178WFP to the larger Dell SE198WFP.

Attached: 20190921_212158.jpg (4032x3024, 3.41M)

based carcassonne

Attached: stations.jpg (1796x2696, 1.39M)

next time hide your name

Attached: 6666.png (255x149, 83K)

wow watch out folks we got a HACKER in this thread

We are anomalous
We forgive and forget
Expecto patronum

Attached: FBI-Obviously-Broken-URL-404[1].png (1366x742, 140K)

>no meme tabs
heh

this, I'm disapointed

what do you expect from a stupid *nix poster

niggas i googled this

It's a lot cosier than it looks, The iPad is only ever out when I'm drawing so that frees up lots of space.

Attached: IMG_20190922_083001.jpg (2016x1512, 1.12M)

see

>bedroom setups with single beds
user, I...

See
>Deeznuts

very cosy. Whats the board on the wall?

i need to know how you built that keyboard tray into your desk.

is your brain empty?
>bracket
>wood
>bolts
>???
profit!

Neat! I have a tube amp powering my second set of stereo speakers in the shelves, but that's about it. All I really need now is a proper mixer and a patchbay.

redpill me on computer desks that have a sliding thing on the bottom for the keyboard and mouse. are they actually more ergonomic than putting them on the same surface as the monitor? how come almost nobody in these threads has a desk like that?

Attached: computer desk.jpg (2500x2500, 3.05M)

that rack is sexy

>how come almost nobody in these threads has a desk like that?
most people don't care for them

I don't know if they're ergonomic or not, but I assume their purpose is to keep the desk free of the kb/m

woops.

18 in. Ball bearing Keyboard Slides at home depot. Measured my keyboard and cut a piece of wood an inch or so longer. Had to put small piece of wood above each bracket cuz they weren't as tall as the keyboard. Mounting it by myself was actually a pretty huge pain in the ass to keep it straight, and I do construction for a living. You'll need a friend prob

Attached: adUOE8O__7KOz_9f-MD-P4DohY-YRHUgf3Z3z6KB3wK-2XneVYOHcWd2dTl6nmZSMqYQcmsEfHCxjLbavXJIfEDEcThMO2cF79V0 (697x929, 84K)

Attached: IMG_20190920_184742.jpg (4608x3456, 3.44M)

Any suggestions on sturdy task chairs? I'm "only" 200 lbs, but a lot of the desk chairs I've had in the past split where the arm meets the back.

Herman miller aeron

Apart from obvious Herman Miller Aeron post, if you can't afford one and can't find one second hand, fully adjustable mesh chairs are pretty good. Make sure you find ones that adjust the seat angle as well as back height/angle. Avoid racer chairs at all costs

Nice view

Attached: 20190921_202934.jpg (4032x3024, 3.02M)

>Herman Miller Aeron
Is this a meme or do you people really buy $1400 chairs?

you can easily spend twice as much by replacing your cheap chair every couple of years over the 20 year lifespan a good chair like the aeron easily lasts, it's your choice

I use one at my office, I don't know why you would want one at home though, they are not comfy at all. Your average gamer racing chair is far more comfortable.

amazon.com/Flash-Furniture-Mid-Back-Swivel-Flip-Up/dp/B00KUPS3JU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=republiclab01-20&linkId=59f7da1f141a413b128d60487b23c5e2&language=en_US

What about this? I'm closer to "ballin' on a budget" than "worried about my spine"

>desk doesn't have enough depth to rest my arm
>gets cramps all day
this can't be healthy

Attached: 1560596459478.jpg (148x149, 9K)

>redpill me on computer desks that have a sliding thing on the bottom for the keyboard and mouse.
They are cumbersome and might not be comfortable to use depending on the chair you have. I removed mine and put everything on top of the desk.

It's not, it's how you get carpal tunnel syndrome.

Several people do have them. They are for high IQ individuals who value their wrist and eye health.

Most people who post here are more concerned about their anime dolls, rgb lights, and "aesthetics" than a productive workspace.

While typing, your back should be straight, feet planted on the ground, elbows at 90 degrees, wrists straight. If you need to know what this looks like Google piano player form. Your monitor should sit at least arm's length away.

Unless you're 6'3" the posture is not easy to achieve without a keyboard/mouse slide

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x853, 243K)

they sell keyboard brackets that screw to the bottom of tables just for this purpose... pretty cheap too.

That posture is a meme and has been disproven by actual science. It's popular because it LOOKS professional and dignified and it can be achieved sitting on a stool so no special setup is required.

A relaxed posture is healthier over long periods of time, but who wants to walk into an office and see the receptionist lazily sprawled out behind the front desk?

Hip angle should be 120 degrees, seat angle should be 10-20 degrees (meaning your back will be 130-140 degrees to the floor), feet should be elevated just enough to remove pressure from hamstrings, head arms and wrists should be neutral and kbm should be close enough so your shoulders sit back naturally rather than hunch forward.

Actually achieving ideal posture requires a specialized setup for the chair, keyboard mouse and monitor that goes much further than adjusting the height of your seat.

I find this the most comfortable seating position, especially for a 8-5 work day.

Woa, what are you drawing man? Cool to see talanted anons.

Achieving ideal posture requires you to not have fat ass. (not saying you are fat)
Prioritize getting low body fat. Then stretching your spine and scapula position.
Just lay down. Eat a lot less you have customed to eat (fat person has). Sitting is bad if you cant have straight back bc you have never stretched (had mobility) and/or been slim.

If you can value/trust random user's words do as I suggest to help knee pain, lower back pain, ribcage (collar bones and ribs(chest area)).

Can highly recommend buying used chairs, it's one of those things that is extremely easy to check for defects and most of the time it's sold in mint condition.

Just recently bought a 3000 Euro chair for less than 500 Euro.

the record meme never did anything for me.
I like the industrial look of the desk.

Attached: battlestation.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

Hey boys.

Attached: 1569169641698.jpg (4032x3024, 1.24M)

Turn on the lights before taking your photo, fag.

I have another table coming in the mail, as well as posters. Finally I'll achieve my dream of a proper battlestation.

clock is a nice touch
very chill, i love it
looks relaxing
lovely stack
that view looks expensive
what specs are you running?
very organic
very neat
cozy. hows the beer?
very nice and clean yet natural looking
love the CRT
is that a Dell Model M?
simple but effective

also, pic related, mine. Red blanket is my dog's nap spot.

Attached: DSCN4139.jpg (4608x3456, 3.22M)

i guess im 6'3". Neat.

it's a Dell AT102W. ISO variant of the AT101W. it's got black alps switches.

is that art by kelly campanile?

even better! i like my Model M (Lexxmark-made French-Canadian Model M) but i need to see what other mechanicals from the relative time are out there. i liked the keyboard on my old Tandy 1000 RL growing up , i think it was a leaf spring.

where?

if you mean on the entertainment center shelves, no. lookin her up, she's skeezy as fuck and i'm not a fan of her style.
Lance Inkwell - he also sung for Hour of the Wolf, and has recently been picked up by the guys that made Cuphead, although he's been doing the noodle arm mickey mouse style for a pretty long time

>Ever using your real name on any tech-device

CUTE AUSSIE GAY OLYMPIC SWIMMER IS BACK!
I've dreamt about rimming you in that room for months.

I have the same desk and was looking at that monitor arm. Does it work well?

that escalated quickly

How do you enjoy the Switch Lite? I just got one but I haven't decided whether or not to keep it or return it yet. I love the feel but the no TV out makes me think twice.

Amerifat detected

Thus the "only" and using pounds. You are a really clever person. Good job! : )

Attached: IMG_20190922_121800417.jpg (3264x2448, 1.61M)

nice air bnb

so fucking embarrassing.

久しぶりだね

Why having monitors this small when you have this much space?
You are not even trying
This one is awesome, especially the keys under the desk
>not a single tree outside
Looks really unhealthy
Somehow it looks nice
just buy a bigger desk ffs
>no legroom
>gaming chair
>piles of trash
>discord
What's in the red box?

Attached: DSC_0991.jpg (3264x2448, 2.17M)

Trash

>bigger desk
Not everybody needs a fucking huge ass desk. His desk is fine.
You're desk is retarded, and it's funny you talk so much shit when your station is shite.

Attached: 1559460610996.jpg (3456x2304, 2.4M)

beautiful.

Attached: you_gravity_falls.jpg (1125x1163, 278K)

Something to understand about vinyl is that no-one today is going to use it as a main method of listening to music. It's just a fun way to quantify the music you love with a tangible item, and it's really good for sampling.

>Why having monitors this small when you have this much space?
Less distracting.

>half of a desk is ipad
>don't even have enough space for one monitor
>considering this being fine
Don't talk to me, I don't need your opinion

I like it

Attached: battlestation.jpg (4032x3024, 1.73M)

do you usually talk to people like that young man

Attached: 1554956547547.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

Generic

says the nigga with a mic on his headphones

tempted to put stickers aswell, nice on yours

Just finished this setup

Attached: IMG_6280.jpg (3888x2592, 3.97M)

i know joe rogan is just bg noise but when you do use that monitor. do you move your whole body just to watch that monitor?
imagine having skateboards on your wall that isnt even a limited edition street wear art piece

i mean ive skated all of these boards except 1

eh, if i had a glass case, i probably wouldn't've put stickers on. but i like personality and don't like sterility

Lol his iPad doesnt take up anywhere near half of his desk you fucking blind retard. He had a regular monitor setup before and he had plenty of room.

You're the retard that spent way too much money on a shitty "battlestation". Also nice "headset" faggot.

Nice dopesmoker poster.

I just swivel my chair or turn my head, not ideal but i only really use it for podcasts anyway desu

>not even trying
And you're clearly a tryhard

Attached: 1536696503587.png (560x667, 650K)

here's my "ultimate fucking poorfag" setup

Attached: photo_2019-09-22_18-50-29.jpg (622x619, 25K)

the red box is a mini fridge. coca cola branded

the people I bought my speakers and amp from (2 separate dudes) were both heavily into vinyl and treated the listening process like a ritual. This couldn't be more different to me, where i listen at the PC while doing other things.
I've never been attached to physical media though. I like that my music is in my car on a flash drive, while simultaneously stored on my phone, DAP and home server.
I think I just don't get it (though i am thankful for vinyls existence in preserving the quality of music that predates modern digital archiving).

>that pic
Fake and gay.

ㅋㅋㅋ 애이논 이게 먼디? 난 이게임 본일없는데말이오

No shit airhead.

I've had my $400 chair for around 10 years, and if it werent for my blatant abuse it could be around for another 10

Sorry for over exposure. Phone sucks.

FUCK this really makes me want to put my 88 key under the desk. That looks slick. Sweet rack.

That'll do fine. Check craigslist, etc. for an Ikea Markus at around $100. Ignore the retards that whine about chairs not being comfortable - think of front row seats in a modern car - when you sit for half a day, firm support & good posture ends up better than wads of fluffy cushions.

Attached: IMG_20190922_193355.jpg (4032x3024, 3.79M)