Why does everyone love it so much?

Why does everyone love it so much?

Attached: 663BF0D8-708A-434D-B53A-A8E6A188C590.png (1024x1024, 263K)

leaat bloated de
easy to rice

it just works

Fast
Just werks
Has a nice CDE theme

Uses least ram. Haven't had it fuck up, easy to customize and is familiar from growing up on Windows. It was a no-brainer. Haven't even thought about trying anything else.

Screen tearing.

Fixed in 4.14.

been using xubuntu 19.10 on my work machine and it's just fantastic. It's shit on my old laptop for some reason (touchpad doesn't work right, graphic glitches, etc). There i'm using pop os and it's fantastic too. Truly the year of linux on the desktop™

what is the most based window manager theme?

FUCK

It's a simple, stable, lightweight desktop with a traditional, clean interface, and it is fairly customizable. I would say that, as of the latest release, it's pretty much worked out all the biggest kinks, too.

Yeah when will Xubuntu fucking get the memo

Attached: xfce.gif (737x720, 728K)

The name is the philosophy. "X" means "No" and "FCE" is "feces". There's no shit in this WM.

It means XForms Common Environment

Yeah except screen tearing

I've never had this issue. Update your drivers

>issue
It's a feature.

It's the Debian of DE's. Rarely updated, so it's stable as fuck. Lightweight and just works. Debian + Xfce = peak comfy

It is the only usable DE

lil mouse fella

It's a feature to warn you that you have shitty drivers

what theme is that

>4.14
enjoy broken themes

>just figured out GIF is kinda fugged on purpose to mock screen tearing
I'm retarded

Everyone likes the cute cat logo.

It's the most patrician high iq de, unironically

best panel layout coming through

Attached: 1550340666226.png (718x986, 26K)

does anyone know how to set it so windows will be opened with geometry they were closed? I know it works for settingsd but what about e.g. firefox?

best layout

Attached: 1552012170725.png (716x984, 31K)

bc it works every time and not heavy on the system. got an old system and shit is working fast and great.

No, but it's supposed to.
Sauce: tested on my machine

this is my favorite theme

Attached: 1558134783830.png (1188x944, 373K)

Just werks
Stays the fuck outta my way
Clean efficient and fast
Animations disabled by default
No intrusive gnome shit trying to REVOLUTIONISE the way I work and BREAK PARADIGMS and remove features because the user is wrong
No intrusive KDE all things to all men, animations everywhere, dude blur transparency lmao, oh yeah everything crashes and is hard to tweak but its worth it for that terminal blur bro
Has literally never crashed on me in years of use
Easy to make look acceptable
Highly customisable if you want to waste time, functional if you don't

its piss easy to get make look decent and just werks

I'm running it with Armbian on a shitty old android TV box with 1gb ram and it hasn't crashed while barely using any resources.

Nope lots of themes work. Just look on xfce look. Also, themes actually apply to all of xfce and gtk apps now. No more pain getting whisker memu looking like everything else. It actually just works now.

the only theme you need is arc

go back to kindergarten to learn your animals better user.

This, also I find that moreso than other DEs, Xfce is very modular and respects the Unix Philosophy(tm). For instance, it's easy to simply take a component of Xfce (like the panel) and use it elsewhere. You can't do this nearly as easily with GNOME or KDE.

Another little bonus is that Xfce adheres quite strictly to standards.

anyone?

Requires a compositor, actually

1. turn off your default screen compositor
2. install compton
3. run compton

there, no more screen tearing