Does Netflix really belong here?

Does Netflix really belong here?

Attached: 1538392387466.gif (733x286, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2fb9kJr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, and neither does FB.

faang

>foang
>fcang?
Using any streaming service means you don't own what you pay for. Netflix is garbage. Buy DVDs/BRs.

Netflix is a propaganda hub

It's faang.
I propose taking apple and netflix out of it, so it can just be fag.

still don't know why Microshit is not in the list other than nice clean acronym

Attached: 1569084720020.png (988x992, 535K)

Because Microsoft Loves Linux now

Attached: stallmanatmicrosoft.jpg (370x476, 20K)

famag?

add microsoft so it can be fagman

Microsoft hasn't done anything to really piss anyone off
The worse thing microsoft has done is released a buggy PC OS in the age of smartphones
The whole concept of FAANG mostly revolves around public perception and some politics

Attached: smrt.jpg (795x595, 59K)

Amazon and Netflix don't belong in FAANG

It needs to be there or else it'll be FAAG

Attached: 1544154636322.png (1000x837, 735K)

came here to post this

FAANG originated when someone took the highest prospects of the tech world based off stock performance, etc. Microshit at the time was doing bad and thus not included.

No, neither does Apple since it's not their business to profile, track, and sell you to advertizers.

>it's not their business to profile, track, and sell you to advertizers.
This.

Apple's business is to profile, track, and sell you to advertisers, then lie about and double dip it to sell you overpriced chinktrash.

Attached: 1566646435034.png (1099x885, 269K)

The acronym would be definitely be better if you removed apple and netflix

No, everyone knows it doesn't belong but who wants to get caught saying FAG is doing xyz in the bay

No, the only tech firm there is Apple.
FB - Social Media
Amazon - Commerce
Netflix - Entertainment
Google - Marketing

>Apple - Manchildren toys
Fixed.

>Apple - Cattle Ranching
Fixed.

Attached: 1563533659958.jpg (996x954, 319K)

Without Facebook none of those other companies would pay good salaries.

Facebook is the one who started the bidding war for talented programmers by poaching all of Google and Apple's talent early on and paying them massive salaries and equity packages.

No. Jow Forums's primarily conservative users just don't like Netflix because it produces a shitload of liberally-slanted content. That's it.
No one's forcing you to use Netflix's products. Netflix is very easily avoidable.

I guess you could argue that Netflix's influence on the entertainment industry (via the popularization of subscription-based services) was a bad thing, but personally I don't really think so and most people don't seem to care about that anyway. The mostly only care about the political side of things.

Are they the single largest television media provider yet? How big is Netflix Market cap compared to the others in your list?

All of those companies have become too large for it to matter. It's not like the exclusivity is there anymore when they have infinite money to hire anyone and keep them on staff over a decade even if they're shit.

It doesn't belong OP, pic-related is accurate

Attached: gafam.png (754x513, 107K)

>MAGA

Fappang

Tech is just a euphemism for advertising.

either netflix doesn't, or apple doesn't
if this is a fight over intrusiveness, netflix doesn't do anything
if this is a fight over "top visited websites", apple is irrelevant

Where the fuck is microsoft ?
They still are part of the botnet, have a monopoly and fuck up users and governments by pushing their shitty OS.

You don't own the content on discs, either. Just a license. In fact, 4k blurays are encrypted.

Jew trick from Hollywood to give Netflix a bad rep.
Replace it with microsoft

FANAMAG

fuck, I came to post this

MARKET CAP:
FB: 540B
AAPL: 983B
AMZN: 887B
NFLX: 118B
GOOG: 853B
MSFT: 1065B

Netflix definitely doesn't belong in the list. It's a tenth of the size of Microsoft and no prospect of ever coming close to the rest.

no lol, it's a fucking subscription based service for movies. if you put Netflix there you should also have shit like Steam and Soundcloud, it's literally the same thing.
besides, Netflix doesn't do 1% of the privacy invasion shit Facebook and Google do.

No, this was annoying me the other day.
Netflix does not fit with the rest of them.

They could have called it FAAG.

Kill FAG.
Save MAN.

Attached: 1554824955919.jpg (1247x810, 138K)

Apple Amazon and Microsoft are the only companies to hit 1 trillion.

The rest are just advertising companies.

Attached: sketch-1569151146104.png (2220x1080, 327K)

Tim Apple? moar liek Tim Anal, amirite?

kek

It may be trendy to hate Apple, but of all the companies besides Netflix, they are easily the least malicious.

Microsoft
Apple
Google
Amazon

No room for an F (or an N).

amazon is a billion times bigger than the others

No room for faggots an niggers.

Because then you would have FAGMAN.

Blu-rays have DRM and DVDs are garbage. Just pirate.

Does BD have a retroactive license revocation mechanism?
I know newly printed BDs can be made that refuse to play on certain devices - at least as long as the device listens to what the disc says.
But is there such a mechanism for old discs?
Also, I remember the root keys for BD being distributed publicly like 15 years ago.

hey join our discord server if ur lonely discord.gg/2fb9kJr

>You don't own the content on discs, either.

Since they can't remotely take away your access to it or actually enforce that license (unless you're dumb enough to go selling bootlegs or whatever), you effectively do own it.

Servers aren't tech? You're thinking front-end for these companies and not back-end which ironically is a very non-technical way to look at it.

Netflix should be removed from this picture, and Apple placed before Facebook.

Baste

Can I have this in 2560x1440 res for my desktop?

>Amazon - Commerce
Amazon is a logistics company

Waifu2x or gimp

Based

Are they SELLING those servers? What PRODUCT are they offering to the consumer?

>Does BD have a retroactive license mechanism
Not that I know of, though there is some weird shit with region locking and such. Nowadays, the only discs that need specific decryption keys are the ultra HD blu-ray ones.

yeah, the controlling share of netflix is owned by a weapons manufacturer.

stonetoss is never worth posting

I feel like the only reason netflix was added is so that it's not pronounced "Fag" and would updset faggots

Yes. Its tech and it makes money

Netflix works with ISPs, providing them with local servers that have all their content in order to increase redundancy, because they're responsible for so much traffic daily.
So I don't think it's absurd for them to be paired with Amazon and Google.

Why?

Facebook belongs in a way that Netflix doesn't. I admit that I wouldn't classify them as a tech stock in the same way that Google, Amazon, and to a lesser degree Apple are, but they at least can turn a profit and are a solid blue chip stock no matter how much public ill will has been turned against them.

That said if you ask me they're way too specialized and I don't think they'll be an enduring company.

Even though it's come to mean "tech companies who pay ludicrous and luxurious salaries" in certain circles, that's really not the root of the word. It's an investment term more than anything.

It's funny because the situation could not possibly confuse anyone on this planet other than Stallman.

It hurts their feefees.

>Apple
>Monopoly
>While you literally have their competitor with a near 90% marketshare right beside them, along with Google, who get a shitton off Android

Okay.

>apple's main competitor has 90% of the marketshare
There are multiple markets, dingus. No one thinks "consumer desktop OS's" when they hear Apple.

That said, I certainly wouldn't call any of these actual monopolies. It's pretty much impossible to form actual monopolies outside of local areas and government sponsorships these days. Microsoft certainly tried to act monopolistically in the 80s and 90s, but that was more delusions on their part and were colossal failures at what they attempted to do. And Amazon faced backlash with its monopolistic sweeping exclusivity deals a while back, but the market pretty much solved that one themselves.

>I don't think that, therefore nobody thinks that
Macs are the first thing that come to my mind after seeing nothing except them in ALL of my professions in the last 15 years. Their phone being hot shit is a recent trend. Macs have been and still are, prevalent.

Attached: apple unix advert.jpg (1976x1202, 401K)

Yeah. And you're a nobody. Trust me. When people hear "Apple" they think "stylish, but pricey consumer electronics with a saturated market." When YOU hear "Apple" you think "let me think about the one area of ground in which I can view them in a dismissive light."

>Yeah. And you're a nobody. Trust me.
This is hilarious. Eat my ass.

Faang are just high growth tech stocks. Microsoft is strong but not experiencing rapid growth like the others were.

I prefer faag

Had a read through the article on AACS last night after making that post.
It's not a license revocation in the traditional sense, it simply bricks your player.

You can probably just reinstall the firmware, right? And how could this happen on a PC blu-ray drive?

BDs contain a continuously updated list of "cracked" player/drive types.
Standard-compliant devices need to read that list and refuse playback of AACS media, if they themselves appear on that list.
The whole mechanism is fucking stupid, but I'd be surprised, if that could be "solved" with some sort of simple factory reset.

Damn, that really sucks. But how are pirates so easily able to circumvent it then if it could possibly damage their drives? Hell, I've used Passkey on many 1080p blu rays with no issues.

>how are pirates so easily able to circumvent it

It was a lucky mistake.

>It was a lucky mistake
On the part of AACS?

Yes. There was a leak of keys rather than any cracking.

Wait, isn't that for ultra-hd blu ray and not hd?

I think HD was a HDCP key leak.

Really neither apple and Netflix fit here, but then...

Wait a second so if someone cracks his own player of the same model as your, then your player, by intention, should brick itself? You making a joke?

It's even worse: Your player should brick itself whenever the people behind AACS say so.

It's dumb and racist and pol

Attached: 86y7tgutr86t.jpg (839x1200, 132K)

because then the tech community would have faag, and then Twitter would be outraged.

Why would hardware manufacturers implement this?

In order to be officially legally allowed to play BDs in the first place.
Remember, playback of CSS or AACS encoded media without an officially licensed decoder is illegal in many places ("circumvention of copy protection").

Also, the people behind AACS are, among others, Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba.
So they would probably never put their own devices on that list.

It's not about market cap, you fucking retards. It's about compensation.

Microsoft's pay is a tier below.

Netflix has 1/10th the market cap, and 1/60th of the employees. There's way more money to go around. Netflix only has like 2k employees. Ms has 130k+