/fwt/ - Friendly windows thread

welcum to the drunk windoze thread
post you're ricing programs please
aslo the uusal shit::

welcun to windoze thread we frinwdly here and shit share stuff thnaks

Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips and tricks that make your life with Windows (more) bearable (or even pleasant).

>Choosing, downloading, installing, activating windows / office
rentry.co/fwt

>LTSC 2019 ISO optimization & debloating
rentry.co/ltsc_optimized

>recommended windows software (infograph)
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1562/46/1562467997749.png (embed) (embed)

>windows 7 updates to avoid
pastebin.com/a1htBUby (embed) (embed)

>windows 7 ricing guide (nanami-tan fork)
namazso.github.io/nanami-tan/

previous thread: 3

dont forget posting about what secxual things you aould do to various windows girls

Attached: 1569119955840.jpg (875x1000, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/stax76/mpv.net
chocolatey.org/packages/mpvnet.install
github.com/lukesampson/scoop-extras/blob/master/bucket/mpv.net.json
majorgeeks.com/files/details/icaros.html
voidtools.com/downloads/
github.com/khaledhosny/ots
ghacks.net/2019/09/03/what-is-the-best-free-archiver-to-extract-archives-and-compress-files
github.com/Disassembler0/Win10-Initial-Setup-Script
p.teknik.io/4G71G
github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu
deviantart.com/kizo2703/art/Windows-classic-theme-for-Windows-8-RTM-8-1-10-325642288
github.com/namazso/SecureUxTheme
msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/
deviantart.com/sagorpirbd/art/Aero-7-Themes-for-Win10-Final-523979941
glass8.eu/download
mpvci.co.uk/
deviantart.com/win7tbar/art/Windows-7-Theme-for-Windows-10-692706139
winaero.com/blog/windows-10-update-disabler-disables-windows-10-updates-reliably
hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=118153.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that windows clover actually used anywhere?

Windows 10 LTSC 2019 is based. I mostly uninstall/disable the services and programs I don't use on it.

FAQs
>What is that startmenu?
Startisback++
>What are those folders on the desktop?
Stardock Fences
>What is that Office Suite?
Softmaker Office 2018
>Did you paid for them?
Yes. I bought the licenses.
>Where can I get them for free?
try nsaneforums or looking for torrents.

Attached: ltsc.png (2560x1440, 767K)

Don't forget that mpv.net is the new kin/g/ of windows media players. It is an mpv front-end made for newcomers.

Source: github.com/stax76/mpv.net

Chocolatey: chocolatey.org/packages/mpvnet.install

Scoop: github.com/lukesampson/scoop-extras/blob/master/bucket/mpv.net.json

Thumbnails extension: majorgeeks.com/files/details/icaros.html

Search extension: voidtools.com/downloads/

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 8K)

I want to cum deep inside Nanami's body as I bury her.

i want to nakadashi nanami-chan

At the end of my rope here. I want to wipe my usb and restore it. I go to diskpart and say “clean disk” but it tells me access is denied, even as administrator. Fucking why? I have searched hours and found nothing that helped. Windows is simply failing to allow me to clean the usb. And this happens with any usb I plug in. I even did a fresh start of windows and reset my entire system but it’s stl the same. I also went into the registry and added a folder of storage device policies to allow write access, still no dice. What in the holy fuck is going on. Because I used this usb in Linux does that mean windows simply will not allow me to clean it, ever?

Can I make it look like windows classic? And could I disable all bloat and spyware provided by Microsoft?

I dunno, that sounds like some tryhard shit desu

>Botnet

I use Windows 10 AME which doesn't need any tweaking to disable telemetry. Been using it for 1 year entering all my banking info and logging into my $10,000 steam account and all is well

Attached: AMEdesk.jpg (1366x768, 111K)

I’ve been entering my personal shit using an unmodified Windows 10 Pro install for like 3 years
No problem here

It's Nanami's hairpin

Attached: 1559878079159.png (750x960, 151K)

Noice

Attached: 6DC28BDB-CAC9-4CBD-B301-9A12799AE38A.jpg (2400x1800, 102K)

how's this AME working out for you?

AME is a shitty modification, the authors don't even know what to disable in registry, actually it's even worse than those cheesy Team-OS windows mods.

i want to cumflat nanami-chan

AME has no security updates. it might not be "botnet" now, but it will turn into am actual botnet sooner or later because of this

How do you get the W10 chink gov edition and does it have any chink spyware on?

Attached: 1569110860064.png (895x671, 383K)

Try using an older browser for a while, one that doesn't protect you from MS's font security blunders:
github.com/khaledhosny/ots

pajeet pls stop posting this shit some retarded kid might install that malware ridden version
Why the fuck is the mention of that literal malware poozen broken version with security updates disabled not bannable yet

Attached: file.png (704x780, 210K)

>10k steam account
>100 bucks laptop resolution
>integrated gpu
>this retard keep spaming the same shit on every windows thread
I hope no one is retarded enough to install that AME shit

Microsoft Windows really is the best operating system. We having nothing all around better.

Honestly I've started to like windows. It's still a bugged piece of shit with a hideous interface but it doesn't make me waste time with config files and has every program that I need. I just wish it wasn't so heavy on resources, my old latitude e7440 has a low wattage dual core cpu and yet it gets to 90° while windows is updating, is there anything that can be done? I've replaced the thermal paste but it didn't make any difference.

Windows update is very resource heavy, because it's very complex under the hood. Just accept it I guess, you can't really make it have less to compute. You could maybe underclock, but obviously that makes updating take longer.

friendly reminder: this is the recommended archive program now.

ghacks.net/2019/09/03/what-is-the-best-free-archiver-to-extract-archives-and-compress-files

Attached: serveimage.png (280x140, 6K)

reminder there's a pajeet that keep shilling that trash and keep posting in every single thread

I know most people use LTSC with the LTSC_optimize script and I think it's really well done and functional. For all the others I found one-size-fits-all script. It does a lot even though the telemetry options are pretty lackluster. Everything else is pretty sick. This is pretty much for everyone who wants to run 1903. All the options in the script are reversable aswell so you can try out different stuff.

This is the script
github.com/Disassembler0/Win10-Initial-Setup-Script

and these are my settings
p.teknik.io/4G71G

>And could I disable all bloat and spyware provided by Microsoft?
Yes you can disable most of the bloat and spyware without scripts. With the guide (scripts) in OP, you can remove almost all of those things.

>Can I make it look like windows classic?
Yes. Here are some links for third-party software and files to do that.

Clasic Startmenu: github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu

Classic Theme: deviantart.com/kizo2703/art/Windows-classic-theme-for-Windows-8-RTM-8-1-10-325642288

Has anyone bothered using both Windows 8.1 and LTSC and comparing shit like RAM usage, doing benchmarks and such?

I mean these days everyone's recommending LTSC, but for years I've been using 8.1, it was pretty fucking stable, a lot of people hated it but I had less trouble than I had with Windows 10 for every single version I tried.

>I dunno, that sounds like some tryhard shit desu
Not really. Maybe if all you do in a computer is browse in social media. Either way, I only just installed or removed some programs.

Attached: launcher.png (2560x1440, 1.98M)

anyone try Lex_6000 ltsc builds? seems to have cut out most of the bloat and spying, and has some nice utilities and scripts packaged in for activation and first install further tweaking

I want to cheat on Nanami-chan with Touko and proceed to break her heart by sending her a message about never coming home.

People here prefer the DIY approach instead of trusting a stranger. From a security standpoint is clear. Now since we are individuals and can make our own choices, no one here is going to stop if you want to trust a third-party custom build.

thats fair and logical
i use it cause it seems well received on all the trackers I see it on, and its pretty easy and fast to install and configure
im not sure how long it would take to make my own iso with that level of debloating and telemetry removal

Dude your software taste is sick. Imageglass, Sumatrapdf, postbox, softmaker(?) office and the omnilauncher looks sick aswell. Would switch editor to vscode but that's just me.(I write mostly powershell)
Btw launchers are pretty cool but Win+typing is so much comfier imo so I just use the start menu which is pretty fast in 1903.

what's going on there with the caption of firefox?

It's an application where you can group different applications together in one window. Forgot what it's called.

>and the omnilauncher looks sick aswell.
That is Listary actually. I use it more frequently than win+type since the program can be launched from the desktop, explorer easily to search for files and do operations.

The program is called Stardock Groupy. It was announced ironically the same day Microsoft announced Sets(which later ended up being halted.) There is also another similar program, much older but still gets updated, called Tidytabs.

god bread

Pretty sure there was a similiar program I found on Github. But for real though your taste is super similiar to mine. Feelsgoodman. Maybe add qttabbar it has come a LONG way.

What image viewers do you use?

nomacs or jpegview, you pick

Any way to disable ALL recent and future Mitigations on Windows ?

Use Imageglass.

InSpectre

>Pretty sure there was a similiar program I found on Github.
You mean Wox + Everything.

>Maybe add qttabbar it has come a LONG way.
Thanks user. I will.

I feel worried about other Mitigations
Anyway to check all of them ?

What are you trying to accomplish?

The only mitigations that are applied by windows updates are the spectre and meltdown ones, which can be disabled with that software. Whatever else you want to disable, it's not only a bad idea but also doesn't give you any benefit.

Dude when I disabled both spectre and meltdown in inSpectre and restarted it felt like I gain at least 50% more performance

What kind of toaster is that? I have an i5 4460 which is a piece of trash and disabling the mitigations have only made it to where it would show better results on crystaldiskmark. That's it. Most shit would perform the goddamn same. I can barely notice it.

And again, I don't know what else are you trying to accomplish, those are the two big ones.

I have i7-4720HQ on dell inspiron 14 7447 with GTX950m and enabling/ disabling mitigations in inSpectre is like day and night
I use ltsc 1809 2019

And for a Windows 7 look? I am testing the different solutions for the Start menu; I'm looking for a Windows 7 theme.

Launchers should be like in XFCE, where I can summon a autohiding panel full of shortcuts just dragging the mouse to a corner of the screen, without need to show the desktop first.
Is there anything like that for Windows?

I installed education and it automatically forces updates and probably has telemetry even though I disabled both in pre-install. fuck this shit. I am waiting on a kindly user to explain how to, if at all possible, defuck ltsb but no one wants to chip in.

AME seems alright but would I be mistaken in thinking it would be more secure overall to personally reconfigure one's installation?

Attached: image.jpg (1280x1015, 360K)

easily, since its closed source
not that most people comb FOSS code for everything they install.

is there an imageviwer for windows that also plays wemb files?
as webm replaced the gif its now extremely awkward to have two separate programs for images and gifs(webm)

try mpv.net

Yes you can.

Theme Engine: github.com/namazso/SecureUxTheme

Old Explorer: msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/

Windows 7 Theme: deviantart.com/sagorpirbd/art/Aero-7-Themes-for-Win10-Final-523979941

AeroGlass: glass8.eu/download

Sorry, I have no idea.

>mpv
its a shit as image viewer though

After that Windows 10 clean install, remember to download the multipack visual c++ installer.

mpvci.co.uk/

Can't get rid of screen tearing unless I enable Aero. I don't have the issue with mpc-qt.

>Windows 7 Theme: deviantart.com/sagorpirbd/art/Aero-7-Themes-for-Win10-Final-523979941
This is only for the wallpapers, right?

no, sagorpirbd is somewhat famous around windows blogs and forums for his themes.

>profile pic - a NPC
lol

The minimize-maximize-close buttons look too tall. Is there any processing I should to before copying the themes to the proper folder?
Strangely, Print Screen is not working (LTSC 2019).

Hurr, it is necessary need to paste the capture into paint. Buttons too tall.

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 230K)

just try another one. you have an entire website with many themes.

deviantart.com/win7tbar/art/Windows-7-Theme-for-Windows-10-692706139

I'm guessing that maybe this stuff is no longer compatible with LTSC.
Does anyone have this setup working?

most of us moved on and embraced Windows 10 default look.

Attached: wangblows.png (2560x1440, 2.08M)

Then why the threads are still using Nanami?

How do I disable automatic updates on Windows 10?
My computer was restarted automatically while I was asleep and that fucked up all my servers that were running in the background.

what I use on LTSC is UpdateDisabler. It's a service that gets installed that disable updates. Since it's a service, it's easy to stop it, check for updates like normal, restart, then the UpdateDisabler service is restarted, thus shutting off updates once again

winaero.com/blog/windows-10-update-disabler-disables-windows-10-updates-reliably

hello?

have you tried looking around the windows update settings and configuring it? also why use an older build of Windows 10, when LTSC which uses 1809, is available?

What software do you guys use for monitoring pc temps?

Speccy, GPU-Z

Ive seen game comparisons hshow better performance on ltsb
>windows will let you turn updates off if you configure them in after install
how so? its education right now by the way.

education is the same as enterprise, you should have the same control over the OS(that includes updates as well.)

yes you can de-bloat and remove stuff from ltsb too. although just leaving it the same is a good idea as well.

I'm using Win 10 and want to uninstall Telegram, but there are no uninstall shortcuts even on Add Remove Programs. Is there any ways to fix this or should I just delete the shorcut link and the folder?

so the guide in the OP works on both then. why wouldnt it be essential to remove telemetry and the like from ltsb?
It does not let me do anything of the sort. I know I didnt install the wrong one either. I removed all other editions but education and education N
I can only push back updates a week

>It does not let me do anything of the sort.
You are supposed to use the local group policy editor (gpedit.msc) in Education/Enterprise to disable things like Windows updates.

>why wouldnt it be essential to remove telemetry and the like from ltsb?
It won't really make that much of a difference since ltsb is less bloated by default than other current builds.

In one of these threads some of you were talking about audio drivers. Which one do I pick between Realtek hd audio and Realtek universal audio?

I would recommend using VMware and installing a linux vm. It allows you to access the USB and it will allow you to wipe it from linux.

Thumbnails for some of my flac files dont show up while others do. Is there a fix for this? The music player does show the album art attached to each song but for some reason wexplorer doesnt

Attached: Capture.jpg (661x162, 27K)

I tried clearing the thumbnail cache but nothing happens

see . There is a link to fix your problem.

I tried using KMS_VL_ALL and this shit isn't going anywhere. What do anons?

Attached: Capture.png (245x71, 20K)

stop using the evaluation version, use this instead:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:527ED958E7B901B78BC260DD0BB7364C71D7D403

goes without saying, check checksums of the ISO

Well, that worked, thanks user

Attached: Capture.jpg (846x173, 45K)

Nanami was fine, but Yu & AI and Madobe are not.
I really hope Microsoft gets their act together. For me, 2000 is still the best of the bunch.
As always though, on the technical front, the latest is the greatest, but I wish I wasn't stuck with Madobe.

Attached: 5bc2587288431c7471ac85a30208c1e7.jpg (309x374, 137K)

>Madobe
I meant Madobe Touko though, not Madobe Nanami.

Attached: 1ad6705bf8704ae631a0fd84d5cd3641.jpg (260x273, 20K)

>foobar2000 1.4.7
>Changed order of written FLAC metadata blocks to work around bugs in Windows Explorer.
hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=118153.0
Update and rewrite metadata from the right-click menu. You shouldn't need any third-party shell extensions to fix this.

Unfortunately the stuck is permanent, because Windows 10 will roll forever.
Maybe eventually Microsoft (I believe Touko is an official OS-tan) will create different "clothes" for the Windows 10 different... what are the variants called? Like in some Final Fantasy games (not buying clothes as downloadable content, but perhaps formal clothes for Windows Professional, a bit like Windows 2000 used a maid).

windows 7 picture viewer or honeyview
the only ones that are color aware; basically every other viewer is an amateur, childish project at best

"Dude it's full of malware" "dude trust me it is I don't have to show you or give any sources" "Dude you will literally get hacked if you don't keep your computer updated"

How can I take you seriously? I didn't even use AME's own ISO I created my own with their guide from a genuine windows 10 ISO. Is that pozzed too?

Attached: image.jpg (741x609, 70K)

Well, yeah.
You see, you can poz yourself, if you're really, REALLY retarded.
Nobody with an IQ over 50 does, though.

Just use rufus to install freeDOS on it, that will fix it, no need to do any fancy shit.

based retarded blink schizo