Apple won’t be able to recover from this. There is no reason why phones should be using less than 8 GB RAM

Apple won’t be able to recover from this. There is no reason why phones should be using less than 8 GB RAM.

Attached: 945CEA11-B315-42F1-9017-A6A1408A4BC1.jpg (1242x1822, 787K)

There's also no reason for it to have more than 4GB of RAM.

my iphone 7 plus is still fucking smooth with 3gb ram so why should it have more?

Because iOS is native to the hardware not some emulated garbage.

Cope harder street shitter.

Attached: 1568368601333.webm (640x360, 1.55M)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1561273262383.gif (500x491, 355K)

How are apps written in swift or objective c any more native than the java implementation used in android?

Depends how bloated the operating system

is this what living in the apple ecosystem is like? You've never had a use case for more than 3gb of ram on a mobile device?

Never multi-tasked? never used your PC as a mobile workstation, wordprocessor, browser, media streamer all at the same time?

Just because you can't find a use for more memory doesn't mean it's dead weight fir everyone else. Not everyone else's phone are solely reddit, facebook and twitter machines.

No I use my laptop for all that. Why would you want to force yourself to work from such a tiny screen?

I use an Android with 3GB of RAM.
My comment on no reason for having more than 4GB is suppose to be more general. I mean if lagdroid can handle 3GB then I guess apple's own hardware and OS should be able to handle 4GB as well. Then again I don't have any experience with iBTFO'd phones, they seem to do well enough on less RAM anyway.

All of the above at the same time with less than 4GB of RAM on a PC? Questionable. For a phone though? Yes a workstation phone probably would need more to work adequately. But at the same time you don't need more than 4GB if you don't do that, it's just a waste of money for some extra 4GB+ of RAM that you never needed in the first place

IPHONE IS A PIECE OF SHIT.

Attached: 1503252758014.png (880x882, 225K)

Yes I've done that shit on my iPHone but it doesn't take up 3GB of RAM doing so because it's not bloated unoptimized shit.

My iPhone can’t play webms.

it works in a pinch, I've been caught without my laptop on trips and stuff a couple times. Mexico once, where I literaly only lost my laptop and power brick for it (airport luggage fuckup)

Still had a usb-c hub and monitor that worked fine on my S8. Snagged a bluetooth keyboard for 30 bucks, and used my mouse to actually have a decent desktop experience. Enough for browsing and writing out emails at least.

>Apple won’t be able to recover from this. There is no reason why phones should be using less than 8 GB RAM.

I'll do you one better. There is absolutely no reason why ANY phone should have more than 3GB of RAM.

Bass

Attached: 1568925356988.jpg (748x443, 92K)

christ iphones are such unoptimized pajeet trash

>wh-wh-who n-needs more than 2gb ram anyway?!?!?!

Attached: 1539764726026.png (1036x1402, 378K)

IT'S A PHONE.
NOT A MINI FUCKING LAPTOP OR WORKSTATION.

Jesus christ. The primary usage of a PHONE is CALLING PEOPLE. You don't need 8 fucking GB of ram to do that. If you're 'multitasking' on your phone to the point that it needs more than 2GB, then you're A) Going to drain the battery QUICK and B) Are treating your PHONE like a LAPTOP.

If you want to be a power user then buy a fucking tablet.

Nigger my laptop has 2GB of RAM and I use it a hell of a lot more than I use my phone.

>The primary usage of a PHONE is CALLING PEOPLE.

Get a fucking flip phone then. It's way cheaper and uses much less RAM.

OK boomer

Attached: 1553012565589.jpg (540x413, 45K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DELET THIS

Attached: 1539400625615.png (785x731, 197K)

I make too much money to be buying a flip phone

Seriously, I don't even use 8GB ram on my Desktop. How the hell are you saying it's a minimum requirement for phones? Shitposter.

Attached: screenshot.2.png (653x845, 17K)

What the fuck are you talking about?

More ram just makes developers lazy and sloppier.

>The primary usage of a PHONE is CALLING PEOPLE
>I don't even use 8GB ram on my Desktop

You're in the wrong board, grandpa

>native code vs java
>java is faster
apple utterly btfo

For a board that hates bloat, you imbeciles should do shill it alot.

Attached: 33623DD5-C024-4F71-88B5-B075F253D388.jpg (851x915, 95K)

They're reloads. iOS is putting those apps into a deeper sleep state while android is keeping them live in background. Chances are with android 9 and 10 the behavior has changed because Android is more aggressive policing background processing and life

Android allows you to set the specific number of apps you want to keep live in the background in advanced settings. If not set, it will use fully utilize its RAM until it runs out before it starts to reload.

Java runs in a virtual machine.

>woah my already opened apps load faster

>woah, my itrash can't even keep 10 apps open before running out of RAM

4GB of RAM is pretty embarassing for a $1000 phone, my $150 LG V30 has 4GB

What are you guys doing on your phones that requires so much RAM anyways?

Attached: 1431005800540.png (615x559, 353K)

>facebook toys need 8G ram
>my site runs on 2

4gb is more than enough

Imagine owning yourself this bad with lagdroid

NOOOOOOOOOO
HOW WILL WE EVER RECOVER iTODDLERS

Attached: 1566757473264.gif (640x360, 1.25M)

rainbow tables

My $250 laptop has 6GB of ram

Holy shit thats a small logicboard

How new are you? You realize that Android is one big virtual machine so out of two phones with identical specs, the iPhone will always outperform the Android

That shit is fake retards

android has been running binary for half a decade, street shitter

phones can't rely on constantly writing background shit into storage space because it'd wear out too fast, this is why more ram is needed in phones

>reality i dont like is fake
how high is the shit piled up at your designated shitting street?

>look how fast my apps loads
>apps still takes screenshots of the viewer of the camera instead of an actual photo
>games runs at 30fps while on iPhone runs at 60fps

gamers rise up amirite
fuck that actual useful performance I need that 60fps on my touch screen fortnite epicness instead

Android is complete shit and they age poorly. I don't know anyone who has an Android phone.

No one cares about your manchild fruit toy itoddler.
Fuck off back to /v/, adults are talking about real apps.

>Androids age poorly
Apple will literally throttle your 8 month old phone because they use tiny batteries that can barely power the phone.

>adults talking about real apps
what a joke

Fuck Apple.

Depends on what you buy. You generalize not all androids age poorly. Most do.
Check out Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S7. There are more but I cant be bothered to list bc effort to try to list. Just dont buy consumable, unrepairable, no battery market phones, unpopular fads.
(Europe. Fairphone 3 will probably last more than 10 years (if they still sell parts) for use cases such as web browsing, LTE, tethering, not high end games.)

>be Jow Forums - Technology
>doesn't know what these "speed tests" measure
This is sad

>be street shitting iJeet
>doesn't know what a RAM caching test measures

You clearly don't

cope

My Huawei Mate 10 is 4GB RAM capacity. It usually has 1.7GB free and sometimes will have "only" 1.1GB free while closing almost everything, when it was in Android 8 it used to have 2.4GB free. If Android did a better job at managing memory as iOS does we wouldn't need more than 4GB lf RAM. BTFO.

>ijeet BTFO

I was with you until
>adults are talking about real apps

I'd really like someone to benchmark their RAM and SSDs.
They have to be the explanation for why the OS is so damn slow at launching apps.

>They have to be the explanation for why the OS is so damn slow at launching apps.

Attached: 1555322818211.png (709x869, 542K)

chaste

Imagine buying an applel iphone
You're legitimately subhuman

1gb ram phone here, still works like a charm
When it dies I might just grab an entry level 80-100 bucks smartphone and keep it for another thousand years

Why the fuck would you even need more than 4gb of ram on a fucking phone. My chinkphone has 3gb and I have yet to see it struggle trying to open apps in the background

checked and based

ur just a retard, faggot

Just go back to /v/

/thread

99% of iPhone users don't need it.

Are you fucking a tech-retarded weeb autist?

Even 3GB is PLENTY

I mean fuck, it's a god damn phone, it's going to cache dormant tasks regardless.

But oh wait, this has to be a topic about iFags right?

Hmmm- no, you should know by now you've been suckered. If you haven't yet, the joke is on you.

My android has 2GB suckers. 16GB storage. LTE. Cost $50. But go ahead and think you know anything about tech.

My MIUI has 3.3gb of 6gb available with quite a few apps open.
>Appleshit doesn't even have Amoled in a 700$ phone
>A big ugly notch like in last years shit-tier phones.
>No fingerprint sensor if not comfortable with face recognition

Why bother doing literally anything on your phone at all when it can be done better on a laptop?

>mfw carry a 13 inch LTE connected laptop that takes all of 2 seconds to get out and enables me to finish anything 3 times as fast as on a phone
Android Evangelist Autismos are literal cancer

Attached: 1560933245178.png (602x500, 26K)

So... Him opening apps somehow signifies the performance if the phone? You do realize that in day-to-day usage you won't notice, right? The only thing that matters in a speed test is how fast a system can handle heavy computing tasks.

>Apple makes a phone with a near 4000mah battery
>Andjeets complain
>iphone comes with 4GB of ram on a system that doesn’t run everything in a JVM
>Andrones complain
>iPhones come with the fastest ARM chips in a phone
>Andresh complains
>iPhones come with top tier cameras closely matching or beating android rivals
>Andpoors complain.

How the fuck is the time an app takes to start not day-to-day usage, you mouthbreathing applet pajeet fuck?
>Yeah bro, it doesn't matter how longer the apps take to start on iPhone, here, just look at this graph bro, the bar is longer on some definitely not rigged synthetic benchmark, it means it's wayyyy better on a daily usage than any lagdroid on the market, trust me bro.

Attached: iphone performance.jpg (1200x800, 74K)

>The primary usage of a PHONE is CALLING PEOPLE
lol good joke

>slutchat
>games

Must be for half a second before it thermal throttles

Why are those "benchmarks" unlabelled? Those bars could mean anything.

>If you want to be a power user then buy a fucking tablet.
>power user
>tablet

Attached: 165.gif (300x222, 503K)

This post is proof android-fags are the real toddlers.
>BIG NUMBER = BETTER
even some android phones still have 4GB and run fine, you fucking retard

Pasta

Like iFags even care about specs.

Apple will stiil keep profits high for some years selling new overpriced, expendable shit every year with little incremental improvements over the previous shit. That until the dumb majority of iShit consumers realizes they don't need to pay for the latest Apple-branded hardware to post their dumb rants on facebook, nor upload shitty selfies on Instagram.

The joke is you are comparing a 100-200$ shitdroid to a 1000$ top of the line iPhone

Even my OnePlus 3T from 2016 has 6gb of RAM.

Attached: 1565840571025.jpg (2048x1152, 145K)

>want more ram because phones with less than 4gb can't handle modern bloat.

Attached: 1566943451667.jpg (768x1024, 82K)