Razer

>Razer
>Ever

Apparently even the new basic bitch entry level model's power brick heats up to over 80c when plugged in. People are already reporting melted power bricks/cables and even fires.

Imagine having a laptop with a charger that gets hotter than the CPU under load.

Attached: flir_20190916T191400_max.png (640x480, 868K)

>razer

Attached: Screenshot (38).png (1366x768, 595K)

No one on this board would have recommended gamer shit anyway. You can go back now.

razer is for RGBT peripherals and shit, like a mouse with 12 side buttons, if you buy their laptops (or any gaming laptops) you're retarded and deserve to die in the fire

my t420 power brick gets pretty toasty

Literally Apple Engineering.

Check my PSU mod.
>Chink power supply
Check
>No ground
Check
>No filter
Check
>SMD resistor sandwich in order to fool feedback circuit
Check
>Reclaimed capacitors from 30 years old TV with capacity lower than needed
Check
>Soldered with ZnCl2 flux
Check
>220V HI-POT test
Check
>No fuse
Fail.

Attached: r8.jpg (3092x2002, 1.7M)

The absolute state of gaymen hardware

This is why you use a Macbook Air (or similar PC) laptop with a thunderbolt 3 compact eGPU
Mobility, light, and power on demand

It's razer, so not surprised desu, but at least the laptop itself doesn't allah snackbar and detonate like macbooks.

>>SMD resistor sandwich in order to fool feedback circuit
was just wondering what the fuck was going on there.

Long story short.
My internal nigger stole 11 (eleven) power supplies from uni garbage.
My internal chink decided I need a Hakko T12 soldering iron, and those are perfect supply.
Slav (internal and external) decided that 45W is not enough, so I need more voltage.
So I came up with idea, fool the TL431, so it asks PWM controller for more voltage. Since I'm not a parts store, I took shit form garbage I had laying around, like old CRT chassis, and broken mobos.

This is how I ended up making SMD sandwich. I just didn't find right resistor, so I started just putting random, until I got satisfied with voltage.

Not a power brick but I once had a Razer keyboard in 2012. Mother fucker actually caught fire. I'm not talking some shitty melted plastic or smoldering, i'm talking actual fucking flames. I ripped that fucker out and threw it out my window into the rain.

I'll never buy Razer after that.

not bad, user. appears you have an internal jew too.

Link?

Conspiracy with energy companies to increase power consumption.

Attached: 1557941006522.png (490x673, 106K)

Kek. Maybe.

Thinkpad T490 + MX250 or T495 + Vega 10 doesn't have this issue

Integrated laptop graphics cards are deprecated now that we have proper EGPU enclosures, it is only some time until someone comes out with a portable EGPU that you can pack with your light thin laptop

Good news for you, those laptops have thunderbolt 3 so any eGPU enclosure should work
Too bad they put a shitty GTX 1050 in their official graphics dock because it's perfect size wise

Attached: gtx-1050.png (601x428, 154K)

Thinking of ordering a Sonnet Puck. Smallest form factor of a proper desktop card egpu with a proper size fan.
That thin graphics dock looks nice, but that small grill hides a small fan that needs to go at supersonic RPMs to keep things cooled, even with a mobile graphics chip. Not ideal.

Attached: sonnet-breakaway-rx-560-puck-2016-15-in-macbook-pro-egpu-15.jpg (1400x933, 1.22M)

reading this post makes me believe you have internal and external autism

have sex

How?

/thread

>GTX 1050 in their official graphics dock because it's perfect size wise
Probably because size wise that has just enough TDP dissipation for a 1050. Or a 1060 potentially.

why don't they put a fan on the power brick to cool it down

Why don't they make a higher specced power brick so it doesn't overheat and catch on fire?

How the fuck, was it possessed?

Attached: 1360020096312.gif (500x321, 481K)