Zoomer here

zoomer here

i tried to watch a vhs on a crt. it's unwatchable. how the fuck did people do this before widescreen/dvd?

Attached: TWICE GO! GO! Fightin'- Story SANA 1 - 5 Movie-dRte20uMJBA-[00.18.785-00.23.690].webm (1280x720, 2.37M)

>how did people put up with this thing only thing that existed, before those other things existed?
The future is bleak.

Attached: 1511018104992.jpg (480x480, 14K)

They had a functioning brain.

>zoomer here ...
fuck off

>wtf /b/ros I tried getting food from nature, but its too hard, how did people survive begore Walmart guise?

It was what they had at the time.

There was lazerdisc betaband and other formats.
Though VHS was like everywhere.

>tfw 18
>tfw born in 2001
>tfw old granpas like this think they are still relevant
Lmao time to grow up mentally old man

Attached: 4d2088c408a2413c817f654e363f70e1imagejpeg.jpg (960x960, 30K)

*beaks lid*
*sips*
Go play fortnite fag.

Lol I play fortnite and browse 4channel, my brain can handle more than two things you senile cuck.

sucking cocks and being an obnoxious little shit at the same time, what a feat

I was memeing and being ironic but you...

You've sucked cock every day if your life you would know lol
>I-I was only p-pretending to be retarded

we had rabbit ears analog TV where half the screen was static because your parked his boat trailer in his driveway.

VHS was a god send.

Attached: crystals.jpg (777x490, 110K)

>Lol I play fortnite and browse 4channel, my brain can handle more than two things you senile cuck.

4channel
>we had rabbit ears analog TV where half the screen was static because your parked his boat trailer in his driveway.
>VHS was a god send.

Did you accidentally your father?

Attached: qgeo6b8tohb31.png (1080x1350, 2.05M)

>this is what you braindead retards actually fell for
Wow what a worthless generation lmao

Don't do this it makes mustard

>plays fortnight
At least play something that was good...

why are these insects only able to put make-up on like they smashed their face into a mountain of coke
at least have some sort of gradient between the face and neck

Are you joking, make up is a problem fucking everywhere. Goddamn 21 yo girls look like 50 year old factory workers without it. How the fuck am I supposed to find shit attractive when my face and skin is better looking.

I'm not exactly a big fan of caterpillar eyebrows, but practically all these asians look like fucking clowns

fuck off zoomer

>aspect ratio affects image quality

Attached: 1523469377388.jpg (750x620, 40K)

You're telling me that you've never seen a VHS or a CRT monitor at any point in your life up until now? Are you fucking 14?

So do all the Kim kardashians, or have you gotten used to that look already?

I liek mustard in hot-dogs

like a pancake sitting on their face that's clearly a different shade from their ears, the underside of their jaw, and neck?

Bro I don't get your point, orientals in make up look just as retarded as western women. Make up needs to die

The only thing that bothers me about some CRT displays is the headache inducing high frequency noise...

The tapes degrade with time, whatever you watched probably wasn't nearly as shitty when it was produced.

>tfw no sana gf

We watched it for
-the contents
-the acting
-the voice
-the musig
And we did not watch it for the makeup analysis. And it was good enough.

RIP Blockbuster

tranny detected

i need vcr help, i have a Sony SLV-676UC that doesn't output any video. it:
>powers on
>plays the tape, technically
if i hit play, wait a while, and then later eject it, I can see the tape has physically progressed, so it is technically playing the tape
>AV cables are fine and plugged into Line Out (also tried monitor out)
>CRT tv is fine, tested with other device
>tv is set to video mode
when plugged into Line out, i just get the blank blue screen

when plugged into Monitor Out, I can actually see the data display on the TV (the stuff that says the time, position on the tape, etc) but still just blue.

however, the time on the VCR display doesn't change as the tape "plays." it stays 0:00:00. this, plus the blank screen leads me to believe it is mechanically playing, but not ACTUALLY playing. does anyone have any advice?

Attached: SONYSLV676UC.jpg (1600x1200, 148K)

dvd player came out in the early 2000s

you could be like 20 and never have experienced vhs. my cousin is like 19 and he has never seen a movie on a vhs.

Attached: 190706 여자친구 팬싸인회 은하 클로징-wsxKzpFoTHk-[09.44.751-09.47.187].webm (862x1080, 1.91M)

>dvd player came out in the early 2000s
And if you're poor you wouldn't have been able to enjoy dvds until even later. That's how it was for me, my family still had vhs and CRTs well into the late 2000s. I'm only 23 and I didn't get my first phone until I was 16.

Or rather, late 00s

I watched a lot of movies as 1 cd avis back in the day.

Attached: lindsay-duncan-voice-tc-14.w710.h473.2x.jpg (1170x780, 355K)

Attached: 1568725459652.gif (323x221, 208K)

1996/7

DVDs actually came out in like 1998, they were being previewed / anticipated as early as 1995.
Still, yeah, in 2001 the dvds really started going, with the ps2 and whatnot.
It's possible many 18 year olds don't know VHS at all because they would be 5 in 2006, which means DVDs were in full swing already.

CRTs are another thing entirely, LCDs violently replaced CRTs around 2008, before that it was a 50/50

>LCDs violently replaced CRTs around 2008, before that it was a 50/50

Long before that, only schools were still using CRT after 2005 in first world countries.

Yeah I'm from niggertina, around 2008 LCDs got really cheap, but they were being sold long before that. The thing is, the full replacement happened around that year. We went from households having one CRT and maybe an LCD to just LCDs everywhere, except for my house because my parents are cheapskates and still have a CRT to this day, a 1995 Phillips.
I got the very first LCD monitor in my house in 2009, alongside a bitchin' phenom II quad core. That was very nice.

As you get older you stop hearing the 15625hz tone, because you go deaf. So no worries