Best non-gaymer aesthetic gaming laptop?

Is it pic related?

Attached: Aero15-2.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30711
youtube.com/watch?v=YlkFUB_XLVs
rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30714
mi.com/global/mibookair
reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/czlc3q/laptop_its_back_dell_g3_15_3590_gaming_laptop/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>gaymer laptop
where will you be playing games with that shit, don't buy this meme shit or in april we'll get posts
>MUH ULTRA COOM GAMING 9000 PrO RAZER KrAkEn laptop is running cp2077 in 800x600 on medium and i must sit in bathtub with ice

Check out Clevo and MSI, Gigabyte is good too

>non-gaymer

LGBT keyboard with millions of colors.
I would be embarrassed to put that on desk.

I'm moving to another city for studying, won't be able to have a desktop anymore

Attached: e07b20ffd67e495e5f6325dd395d0ac7.png (657x657, 44K)

Get thinkpad and don't play games, ez.
Games are for children anyways. No well-off adult plays colorful clown games like fortnite.

why would you be embarrassed when the whole point is that you can make it any color you want or simply turn it off?

Well yeah, same way you can "hide" the notch on the phone.

Non gaymur doesn't need all that, why not just have white with few dimming settings and off?
In the end, it's a fucking keyboard.

It should serve the purpose and not be a statement of your unique personality.
Plus you pay more, companies like money and soon market is flooded with useless gimmicks packed with shitty hardware.

But whatever you can turn it off more or less, until you can't.

Run

Attached: pepe_aluminium_hat.jpg (596x444, 72K)

>why not just have white with few dimming settings and off?
why not just have blue with a few dim settings? white looks pretty gay. oh wait, a company can just include all colors so people can choose their own instead of wasting time and money thinking about or researching which color is most popular while alienating customers who want another color! wow! that must be you in the picture.

Same here. Bought two weeks ago a Predator Helios on Amazon for 890€. GTX 1060 6gb, 8th gen 8 GB ram, 1tb and 125sdd. Bought another 8gb ram for 36€. Runs pretty well, aluminium chasis. The only issue I have with it is that it overheats with games like sekiro, even tho it's not running at 25% of his power (because of the metal chasis, It caches heat faster and keeps it). So I will buy a fan for like 15-20€ soon. It doesn't really matter, if you have money you can go for more expensive choices and take a slim and light gaming laptop, those look normal. But I'm already a degenerate and red colors on a laptop won't make me look less of it. This is the best quality-cheap price option I had, check out dave2d's video on laptops for school, he has a gaming section. Cheers!

Color seems extremely important to you.
I'm a bit baffled that someone would give much fuck about that as long as it works good.

More important is quality of the keyboard and how comfortable can you type.
Most of the people would settle on colors that make keys legible.

While having a lot of choice is a great idea, they could invest that in R&D to improve qualities I mentioned above.

Same guy here, depends on the amount of money you want to spend.

PS: don't be a retard and play with the laptop's keyboard, get a 15€ mouse+ keyboard wireless pack. It helps a lot and downs ruin the PC.

>Color seems extremely important to you.
says the guy that insisted on white being included instead of some other color people want. i turn off my lights. you are full of shit.

Pheeew boy oh boy there he goes again :^)

Attached: projection_1548172924228.gif (486x330, 146K)

Not the guy you’re responding to but I’d see anything other than white in a professional setting as unprofessional.

Before you try to explain why in [present year] gaymen laptops are ubiquitous and colored backlighting is totally chill in a serious environment, allowed me to ask: if you were on trial for murder, and the bailiff dimmed the lights so the projector could be seen, would you want your attorney’s keyboard to start glowing red?

Of course, RGB keyboards can be set to any color or turned off, but is the added manufacturing cost worth it? It’s like putting a big ass spoiler on a bentley. I would even go so far as to say that laptops exclusively designed for gaming should have white backlighting with the money saved going toward things like better quality wiring (copper vs. aluminum) or double-layer style anti glare panels.

The only (and I mean ONLY) exception I can envision would be for someone whose laptop spends the majority of its life hooked up to an eGPU docking station with a host of peripherals that are also all RGB, AND that RGB lighting is used to complement, or as an integral part, of an interior decoration scheme for the room it’s in. And that’s too niche of a population for any manufacturer to cater to.

If you’re getting RGB for muh cool gaymer aesthetics or to flex on the normies at school, promptly kill yourself for taking industry money away from silver soldering and better batteries.

>Of course, RGB keyboards can be set to any color or turned off, but is the added manufacturing cost worth it?
considering it costs zero dollars to copy and paste the software that controls lighting and probably a few cents to get rgb leds over one color leds, yes i would say it is obviously worth it for any company to use them so people can "match" the color with some other color they have. what youre arguing is that you want one specific color to be the global standard for the industry, which is ridiculous.

hope you're enjoying it

Attached: 53-538216_apu-pepe-thumbs-up-png-download-transparent-png.jpg (840x641, 162K)

Perhaps /mkg/ could chime in on this, but I believe the difference between RGB laptop keyboards and single-color ones involved more than just LEDs. Regardless - even if it were that simple, there are differences in price reflected in retail. Marketing maybe, but a difference nonetheless.

What I’m saying is not that the industry should be forced to adopt a standard. I’m saying that if the market were educated, intelligent, maybe a little older on average and not so obsessed with cringey autism-level gamer aesthetics, there would be no demand for anything but white.

If you’ve taken a basic economics course you’d know that even with a decent amount of demand it’s very difficult to get an industry that’s already making money to change. That tells us there is HUGE demand for RGB, which is a sad reflection of the gaming and tech market, and perhaps American society as a whole.

Why don't you get out and explore this new city when you get free time instead of going down the path of NEETdom and playing games all weekend?

Gaming laptops are a chain to loneliness. You paid so much money for a gaming laptop that you want to play as many games to feel that you're getting your money's worth out of it.

why do you assume playing game is all i'll ever do?

Got an Aero 15 OLED with 1660 TI, runs everything i like, is cool enough after repaste and looks like a decent working place laptop if you turn RGB off. I'm happy with it.

X1 Carbon 6th Gen

>He doesn't exclusively play isometric RPGs, Old Grand strategy games and Dota 2
Lmao, buy some 6kg gamershit

Retard level post

Attached: 1873FEBA-3C73-4D81-9AAF-33D15FDF3F31.jpg (1125x2436, 537K)

My current desktop is dying and I dont play enough games to justify getting another one.

Is there anything on the market that can do the following:
>play modern games on low to med settings
>can dock/thunder whatever
>run linux
>doesnt look gay

ThinkPad?

The razer one has good looks and an OK price for its components(compared to other good looking laptops).

Ik, if you're not going to play any vidya ThinkPad > else, but, rn I just wanna have some good looking laptop to code with.

I was thinking on getting either a razer stealth or a MacBook, what are your thoughts guys?

My budget is around 1k, and all I need it for is watching some movies, playing some random shitty time-killer games like tft, or 2d crap like blasphemous, and programming a few web pages (for family and friends, since my job already provides me with a laptop).

rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30711

you're welcome

Thoughts on this?
>i7-9750H +1660Ti
>512 GB Intel nvme ssd
>144hz 1080p screen
>US$1500

It's an obscure brand tho

youtube.com/watch?v=YlkFUB_XLVs

They're all clevos, boutiques just put them together and brand it, eurocom, xoticpc, etc

this is the exact thing you're looking at

rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30714

I'd stay away from the extra hz in a laptop

welp just realized op wanted gaming laptop

>Predator Helios
WE WUZ GAYMERS N SHEEIIIT

Attached: predator_helios.png (2243x1157, 3.46M)

I prefer the ANUS ones with Ryzen CPUs. A 3750H and a 1660 Ti is more than enough for a gaming laptop, plus a 120Hz IPS panel and no gaymer aesthetic.

Still probably better off waiting for Zen 2-based laptops though.

Attached: 201904AM190000004_15559554235167960034140.jpg (2400x2400, 411K)

Because you just said you weren't homo. You disgusting fried turd.

next time build a mATX pc small enough to fit in carry on luggage
t. goes to another fucking country to study

dell g3

Using a Lenovo Y530, bretty good besides the thermal toothpaste, but it's nothing a repaste won't fix

the extra couple hundred are worth it for a 1660ti laptop vs 1060, it's 10-30% faster. and those laptops tend to also offer high refresh displays.

don't listen to the gaymer tards, you do not want extra refresh rate in a laptop

Just enable VSYNC and cap your FPS to 60

Why? HEAT

Or you can listen to them and shorten the lifespan of your hardware, not my fucking problem.

this. I sold my entire gay*en setup and bought a upgraded chinkpad + high end wireless mouse. comfy and you can still play some games, but obviously no clown shit such as fortnite

Proof?

Don't you like fun user?

yeah... you're talking out your ass. if your laptop thermal throttles get a better one. and never use vsync without adaptive sync.

Proof? What fucking proof should anyone need? Do you speak tech or are you illiterate?

Wait. I answered my own question

hurddy durr

Highly recommend, it's faster than my 1700x + Vega 64 PC in literally every game I play

Attached: 2019-09-22 15.22.01.jpg (960x1728, 671K)

I have that Aero. Pretty solid design and build quality.

this one by far mi.com/global/mibookair

>reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/czlc3q/laptop_its_back_dell_g3_15_3590_gaming_laptop/
>he didnt get a 1660timaxq laptop for $500.

you're missing out. im very impressed for the price. it gets hot, though, even after undervolt and repaste. such is the life of a gaymen laptop.

i might get a cooling pad to help with it.

How is that non-gaymer you fag? Get a thinkpad/inspiron or whatever

Okay these are nice but what about if I want a workstation for vrat and octane rendering? I cant use desktop as I travel and the mini itx case I want is in preorder mode.

>Best gaming laptop
The one with 300hz IPS display and hw to accomodate
gaymur LGBTQ+ backlight can be turned off so don't pay attention.

what about the lenovo legion y520 15ich? it doesn't look like much but it's better than some alien space-ship thing. my friend has one and it's pretty good. there's one thing you should be aware of if you are interested in it, it doesn't have a cd rom since that's replaced with a 2nd hard drive

Attached: l_10182222_001.jpg (600x532, 37K)

fuck i made a mistake, it's actually a legion y530 not y520

isnt the 3*** series zen 2?

Mobile CPUs and APUs with a 3000-series name are still Zen+.

thats confusing as shit
so theres
zen mobile1
1***
zen + mobile
2***
now zen ++?
3***

j

Attached: 4a0cd012-a79c-448b-9a7f-f61438c1b0fb-2.jpg (375x375, 37K)

Because if it wasn't you wouldn't make such a massive compromise to get a "gaming" laptop.

It's cheap as fuck but it's also made from cheapass plastic, for something as high end as that it's better to get one with aluminium casing for better cooling.

I bought an Acer Aspire 7 with a 6gb GTX 1060 + NVME SSD + 16gb DDR4 RAM for about $850 in January, other than the nVidia sticker it just looks like a big normal laptop. Added in a 1tb SATA SSD for extra storage and it's pretty much perfect, other than the battery life being shit unless you turn down the brightness and turn off the wireless.

It isn't replacing my desktop, but it's suitable for doing work and playing on the road.

Just buy a fucking console or handheld or something jesus christ

The lenovo legion y740 is pretty minimal if you disable the rgb. Metal body and good cooling too

Spend time with family and read books I guess, that sounds more fun to me

What's wrong with you people that keep telling others to read a book?

Not OP
but it obviously because gaming laptops that don't have gaymer aethestic are just cheap workstation.

>using laptop for games
Just no, any "gaming" laptop is just an excuse for engineering students and autoCAD-fags to shill money for them. These units get overpriced because of the "GAYMEN" tag yet the one who will utilize them the most are people who use heavy hitting software.