You see that Python coder in your class/office?

You see that Python coder in your class/office?

The one you think isn't a real coder because "Python isn't a real programming language"?

Well, while you're struggling to just get your code to compile properly, or some lib to install correctly, she's testing and deploying her code.

How does that make you feel, user?

Attached: ad-01-.jpg (800x600, 86K)

Why does everyone hate python

Attached: cell-phone-cellular-technology-communicate-263582.jpg (4006x2592, 1.57M)

Pajeet programmers who make a something that is incredibly slow in python.

>popular thing bad

>she

Anons can’t cope

Literally takes two minutes to call C/C++ from Python to get bare metal speed without having to deal with the autistic syntax of systems languages.

Yes it does.

Attached: edad907ea67c66628ac9d44c547d376a.png (84x83, 11K)

Or maybe I'm using a nonshit scripting language and deploying faster than this hypothetical cuck using a language more troublesome than even modern java.

Its literally worse than javascript. Where do you plebs come from? Did you just learn python and stopped?

>Its literally worse than javascript

Frontend soiboi detected.

>Did you just learn python and stopped?
Yes. In the past, there were javaschools. Now they're pythonschools. Most python posters on Jow Forums have recently finished their freshman year at college and now feel like 1337 h4xx0rz here to share their wisdom with us.

Ya and how much time does it take to make that cpython abi shitting c code? Or how about actually deploying that? Do you just have magically homogeneous abi so you ship binaries in your gross fat wheels or whatever you cucks call your python pip packaging now? Or you could use a nonshit language where you dont couple so deeply into a single shitty c interpreter to be remotely performant.

Hey cuck. Mind explaining why your shitty ll(1) parser can't even rip off basic shit like template literals in javascript? How about that lambda syntax?

Enjoying your neue decorator all the things language design?

Did you fags finally figure out a working package management system or are you all still using pleb shit like pipenv that can't even properly assert dependent version numbers?

Python is shit at a programming language design level. Not even the worst of javascript is comparable.

This.
I fucking love it. Everythings so easy, my code looks clean, and theres tons of packages.

Im a data engineer though so theres much else for me to use.

Dude, right now Python is driving the artificial intelligence revolution. All major scientific work is now driven by Python, eg the recent black hole imaging breakthrough.

Javascript devs, on the other hand, are busy developing more efficient sign-in forms.

No disrespect though, you Javascript devs deal with the small unimportant things so that Python devs can get on with the big things. We need you guys like we need our office cleaners.

I'm not even talking applications and you can't even defend your shitty language. Just admit python is a poorly designed shitlang you shitheel.

>import solution
>solution.run()

Attached: 1491257908603.jpg (4685x2457, 313K)

See:

It's easy enough to be low-status.
Knowing that someone uses C for real work puts a lower bound on their competence. If they were really dumb they wouldn't be able to use it.
Knowing that someone uses Python tells you very little. Knowing that someone uses Python and nothing else suggests that they're unable to learn a more difficult language and tap into that sweet sweet elitism.
Notice that this doesn't have anything to do with whether Python is useful or not. That's because programming language wars are about signaling, not about doing useful work.

it doesn't perpetuate their victimhood

Attached: 1558974491098.jpg (722x625, 67K)

Dude Python is just the front end for those AI/ML libraries. The actual backend is written in more performance languages. Just because a “data scientist” imports a python module doesn’t make python the driver of the field

non statically typed languages are literal memes. you're absolutely retarded if you use them for anything other than cheap scripts.

I compute wavefunctions in python that are used to make cool things. Saves me a lot of time compared to something low level as its mostly just linalg operations, which are optimized to hell and back in numpy.

Python has fairly nice optional static typing nowadays.

why don't you just prototype in python then translate to c/c++

>he doesn't know Python has optional static typing.

Literally anything your autistic languages can do, Python can do better and simpler.

Why translate to C when you can directly call C/C++ from Python?

>Literally anything your autistic languages can do, Python can do better and simpler.
Macros?

Look up AST module.

>my language is better than your language

I'm guilty of this myself but I believe it is a failure on our part, my friends. It shows we have descended to a level where the computer is not what it was always meant to be, a tool. It has become the principal focus of our interest.
Perhaps an analogy would be if a biologist started examining his microscope rather than the natural phenomenons he is supposed to be observing.

A computer, a microscope and a programming language are all man-made things that are bound to have imperfections. Treating these objects as if they are the principal focus of our work is bound to cause deep frustration as we have lost our true, deeper goals.

Can it do vidya?

python has higher order functions that are more powerful than macros without the fun scope spilling and unintended implications that come with text manipulating code

macros are hard even on lisp type languages where you can make code that manipulates code in a structured and meaningful manner.

read your sicp

I write C++ on the job.

>You see that Python coder in your class/office?
>The one you think isn't a real coder because "Python isn't a real programming language"?
You mean John from the sales department?

It can't even check if a variable exist until runtime.
>inb4 mypy
Optional, therefore not there for you when you need it most.
Basically these
Except that modern Java is not that garbage.

>Well, while you're struggling to just get your code to compile properly, or some lib to install correctly, she's testing and deploying her code
How very phythonist of you OP. If you're too much of a retard, then so must be everyone else, right?

I am far from an expert at Python, but I have done a couple of semi-serious projects in the language and will try to recall specifically what I didn't like.

- Everything you write will be open source. No FASLs, DLLs or EXEs. Developer may want to have control over the level of access to prevent exposure of internal implementation, as it may contain proprietary code or because strict interface/implementation decomposition is required. Python third-party library licensing is overly complex. Licenses like MIT allow you to create derived works as long as you maintain attrubution; GNU GPL, or other 'viral' licenses don't allow derived works without inheriting the same license. To inherit the benefits of an open source culture you also inherit the complexities of the licensing hell.
- Installation mentality, Python has inherited the idea that libraries should be installed, so it infact is designed to work inside unix package management, which basically contains a fair amount of baggage (library version issues) and reduced portability. Of course it must be possible to package libraries with your application, but its not conventional and can be hard to deploy as a desktop app due to cross platform issues, language version, etc. Open Source projects generally don't care about Windows, most open source developers use Linux because "Windows sucks".
- Probably the biggest practical problem with Python is that there's no well-defined API that doesn't change. This make life easier for Guido and tough on everybody else. That's the real cause of Python's "version hell".

- Global Interpreter Lock (GIL) is a significant barrier to concurrency. Due to signaling with a CPU-bound thread, it can cause a slowdown even on single processor. Reason for employing GIL in Python is to easy the integration of C/C++ libraries. Additionally, CPython interpreter code is not thread-safe, so the only way other threads can do useful work is if they are in some C/C++ routine, which must be thread-safe.
- Python (like most other scripting languages) does not require variables to be declared, as (let (x 123) ...) in Lisp or int x = 123 in C/C++. This means that Python can't even detect a trivial typo - it will produce a program, which will continue working for hours until it reaches the typo - THEN go boom and you lost all unsaved data. Local and global scopes are unintuitive. Having variables leak after a for-loop can definitely be confusing. Worse, binding of loop indices can be very confusing; e.g. "for a in list: result.append(lambda: fcn(a))" probably won't do what you think it would. Why nonlocal/global/auto-local scope nonsense?
- Python indulges messy horizontal code (> 80 chars per line), where in Lisp one would use "let" to break computaion into manageable pieces. Get used to things like self.convertId([(name, uidutil.getId(obj)) for name, obj in container.items() if IContainer.isInstance(obj)])
- Crippled support for functional programming. Python's lambda is limited to a single expression and doesn't allow conditionals. Python makes a distinction between expressions and statements, and does not automatically return the last expressions, thus crippling lambdas even more. Assignments are not expressions. Most useful high-order functions were deprecated in Python 3.0 and have to be imported from functools. No continuations or even tail call optimization: "I don't like reading code that was written by someone trying to use tail recursion." --Guido

- Python has a faulty package system. Type time.sleep=4 instead of time.sleep(4) and you just destroyed the system-wide sleep function with a trivial typo. Now consider accidentally assigning some method to time.sleep, and you won't even get a runtime error - just very hard to trace behavior. And sleep is only one example, it's just as easy to override ANYTHING.
- Python's syntax, based on SETL language and mathematical Set Theory, is non-uniform, hard to understand and parse, compared to simpler languages, like Lisp, Smalltalk, Nial and Factor. Instead of usual "fold" and "map" functions, Python uses "set comprehension" syntax, which has overhelmingly large collection of underlying linguistic and notational conventions, each with it's own variable binding semantics. Using CLI and automatically generating Python code is hard due to the so called "off-side" indentation rule (aka Forced Indentation of Code), also taken from a math-intensive Haskell language. This, in effect, makes Python look like an overengineered toy for math geeks. Good luck discerning [f(z) for y in x for z in gen(y) if pred(z)] from [f(z) if pred(z) for z in gen(y) for y in x]
- Python hides logical connectives in a pile of other symbols: try seeing "and" in "if y > 0 or new_width > width and new_height > height or x < 0".
- Quite quirky: triple-quoted strings seem like a syntax-decision from a David Lynch movie, and double-underscores, like __init__, seem appropriate in C, but not in a language that provides list comprehensions. There are better ways to mark certain features as internal or special than just calling it __feature__. self everywhere can make you feel like OO was bolted on, even though it wasn't.

these, /thread

- Python has too many confusing non-orthogonal features: references can't be used as hash keys; expressions in default arguments are calculated when the function is defined, not when it’s called. Why have both dictionaries and objects? Why have both types and duck-typing? Why is there ":" in the syntax if it almost always has a newline after it? The Python language reference devotes a whole sub-chapter to "Emulating container types", "Emulating callable Objects", "Emulating numeric types", "Emulating sequences" etc. -- only because arrays, sequences etc. are "special" in Python.
- Python's GC uses naive reference counting, which is slow and doesn't handle circular references, meaning you have to expect subtle memory leaks and can't easily use arbitrary graphs as your data. In effect Python complicates even simple tasks, like keeping directory tree with symlinks.
- Patterns and anti-patterns are signs of deficiencies inherent in the language. In Python, concatenating strings in a loop is considered an anti-pattern merely because the popular implementation is incapable of producing good code in such a case. The intractability or impossibility of static analysis in Python makes such optimizations difficult or impossible.
- Problems with arithmetic: no Numerical Tower (nor even rational/complex numbers), meaning 1/2 would produce 0, instead of 0.5, leading to subtle and dangerous errors.
- Poor UTF support and unicode string handling is somewhat awkward.
- No outstanding feature, that makes the language, like the brevity of APL or macros of Lisp. Python doesn’t really give us anything that wasn’t there long ago in Lisp and Smalltalk.

You could just shorten it to:
Python is a shit-ass, nibba-rigged, fuck-pissed together, designed by morons for morons, 90s style scripting language that pretends to be fit for developing actual software and that's why brainlets fall for it.
Nice pasta, though.

Popular new stuff bad.

Python is not new and it's only popular among amateurs. In-industry python is not unheard of but it's DEFINITELY not popular.

You're exactly the type of fag who promotes the flat UI garbage to replace skeuomorphic designs because they're "new and popular".
Just because you're "moving forward" doesn't mean you're going to a better place. Maybe if you lived a little longer you'd be a little less naive. Yes, popular new stuff, especially nowadays, IS that bad. Half the time it looks like it's a prototype or incomplete or both. The same goes with languages like python.

Attached: 1-7aTntWnYIm2BJkoejTxLOQ.jpg (690x300, 62K)

This thread is a lie.

Everyone knows python scripters don't write unit tests.

So why is it core part of the standard lib?

>she's
>Python coder
While I agree with you that the python coder being a she is almost always the case, do you not think that our friends at the FSF would not mind that you made that assertion?

󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 󠛡 Forced indendation.

use Java
enjoy wide library support and performance only 2-3x worse than C while also largely being cross-platform

javascript has a niche python will never touch (client site webshit), python has a niche javascript will never touch (data science)

Because they all spent their time learning C++ and now everyone has decided, fuck that lets use python instead. So by attacking the language they hope to stave off it totally taking over every industry and displacing their pathetic C++ thereby leaving them out of a job, and worthless to employers.

i use python for quick hacks all the time. just last friday i wrote a script that generates whatever number of messages in xml format for performance testing. import template, replace relevant values and off to testing! some pajeet was trying to do the same for a month in java and when i did it in a day my pm bought me a beer and pizza.

>modern java
>javascript is java
do us all a solid and kill yourself.

that no one fucking uses or only does once they realize they've fucked themselves by falling for the dynamic typing meme (see dropbox). Making static typing the default and we'll talk.

>Making static typing the default
What does that mean in Python's case?

but dropbox was successful, there's literally nothing dropbox does that python can't do, and later they rewrote some of the python prototype as needed

>Interpreted (python, JS) shit in firmware, OS, and embedded systems. Also defending computer systems from low level attacks
Lmao, sure we're obsolete.

you could require dynamically typed code to be explicitly declared as such. you could shame people who used dynamically typed code much like how the c++tards flip out over newbs importing the whole namespace

they rewrote it because it was a broken clusterfuck, not just because they were feeling it that day. if they had used a non-shitlang to begin with it wouldn't have been a problem. or hell, even started with the meme snake lang then switched over once they grew out of being a tiny startup

what could they have used besides qt (c++) or qt (pyqt) in 2007

it's cool for scripts if you want to quickly parse some text or something but javascript is better because you can just run it in your browser

dey hate us coz dey ain't us

Why did you misquote and imply me mocking java?

What?

Yes, autistic coders have to be forced into making their code readable.

Python isn't a compiled language bro. Its interpeted. Would expect a script kiddie to understand that

>he doesn't know Micropython, CirctuitPython, and MyHDL have made him obsolete.

At least javascript has async and brackets

it's a cute scripting language, but you can't do much with it other than plagiarize. and the documentation is shit.

Pajeets hate that their 5000 line Java Spring monstrosity with AbstractSingletonDesignatedShitterFactoryBean class hierarchies webapp can be outperformed by a literal meme framework in Python 3 with a fraction the LoC or dev time. Python's easy binding to C libraries and the rise of proper async in Python 3 to work around the GIL means that unless the hot path for your code can't be expressed as a C library and is too performance intensive to do in pure Python, there's no reason to use anything else.

Python has async since 3.5. Sanic uses it for backend along with libuv.
>gotta go fast

Attached: this.gif (400x320, 1010K)

Bullshit. I bet that nigger is still trying to get Python 2 and 3 to run alongside each other in the same machine and not have them fuck each other over in the horrendous interdependent system files breakage.

> she

>she

Tell that to all the scientists making ground-breaking advances with the help of the language.

He'sRightYouKnow.webm

What if you can like whatever language you prefer and stop this war against something you don't like

I know you are shilling about python being easy,but do you really want to be THAT guy ?

>she/her
I have bad news to you...

Attached: 1558040018576.png (831x799, 329K)

>she

kek

Angry NEETs, contrarians or kids who believe they are saving the world by using C. I'm not a Python fanboy, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make my life easier thanks to the massive amount of libraries available.
Ruby is what Python should have been IMHO.

Speaking of which, can anyone recommend a good book for learning python ?

Automate boring stuff with python.
t. """she"""

>readable
You have not seen the kind of code non-programmers write using it, indentation does not fix an O(n^3) algorithm.

It does make it easier to spot.

I think it's a good language, except for the FIOC things which is unbearable.
I would prefer "end" delimited blocks.

Jow Forums hates python because it's objectively not a elegant language