Laptop suddenly shutsdown due to overheating after several minutes of playing vidya

Laptop suddenly shutsdown due to overheating after several minutes of playing vidya
Pls help haven't played any video in over a month

Attached: 1567330235256.png (500x500, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowsreport.com/black-screen-firefox-fix/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

read a book

Change the thermal paste, dust the radiators, and oil the fans.

this used to happen when I would play vidya on a laptop as a kid
I managed to solve it by putting a big ass fan next to the laptop on the side where the hot air escapes. solved it kinda well

Get air duster and blow out the dust bunnies, then huff the can a bit and you won't even care

Put it in some ice

This, nitrogen will make you woozy. You can get high off inhaling upside down deodorants or gas refills.

go to power settings and set to high performance
open up task manager and see if any of your background processes are taking up unusually large amounts of CPU or RAM. If they are, try to find ways to disable them

If that doesnt help, then you are playing games that are simply too demanding for your hardware

start lifting

Attached: 1565252425109-3.jpg (1280x720, 501K)

Like really, it sounds like op is just saying
>"I'm too retarded to make it thermally perform better, give me a quick fix that requires 0 effort."

Faggot i already changed the thermal paste otherwise i wouldn't be posting here

This lol. OP just remove the PROCHOT and thermal protection. Your CPU will shut down at the hardware level upon overheat, software will make you throttle 70% of the way.

then why didn't you put that in the OP faggot

read the book genius

Sit it on an icepack

if you already did that, and this , the last resort is to check which type of heatsink your laptop has. if it's one of these hollow copper pipe heatsinks phones tend to use, check if it's damaged anywhere. it's possible they may have leaked since they're designed from the factory to work under vacuum. and if that's the case, the thermal performance of the heatsink drops by (off the top of my head) a factor of at least 10.

if you don't visually see any damage, but you're still not sure, one way to test it is to compare the thermal propagation. on a hollow pipe heatsink it should transfer the heat pretty much instantly from one side to the other. if you see any noticable heatspots, then you may have a vacuum leak.

I feel ya, part of my life was dedicated to replacing thermal paste and pads multiple times and would still overheat, it turned out the heatsink had a little scratch on it I smoothed it out with fine grit sandpaper and fixed, who would guess.
Make sure to you the finest grit you can work with or else you make endup making more harm than good.
Also make sure your replacement thermal pads are the right thickness, too thick or too thin won't work.

stop playing shitty games

I bet you're some poor shitter with no ac that complains his computers run hot.

it's called lapping

thats horrible, man-child

I had this problem too, OP. The solution I found was to turn off hardware acceleration in your browser, or whatever program you use to watch videos.

Here's a link to turn off hardware acceleration in Firefox:
windowsreport.com/black-screen-firefox-fix/

You may need to google how to turn off hardware acceleration in other browsers or media players.

Turning off hardware acceleration is solution 3 on the link in my previous post.

is the fan working? if so then its your heatsink. the fact that it only overheats while under heavy load more or less proves the temp sensor is functional.